PDA

View Full Version : Going to post this and then take the weekend off from the MBB

LongIslandZagFan
02-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Here is what I saw tonight:

a)The boys had the shots there for the taking... it seemed like almost every single one of them rimmed out tonight... for everyone.

b)The defensive intensity that was there for the 3 games after USF... went bye-bye.

c) a coupled with b spelled upset

d) LMU attacked and doubled every drive into the lane and really disrupted the offense at times. Hats off to them and lets hope the boys adjust.

e) If even half of the wide open shots went in that were clanked off the rim in the second half, we'd be talking about how they covered the spread.

f) LMU was making friggin' circus shots and they were going in, Zags we rimming out 6-7 ft shots and layups.

g) We all complain about FT%, but it was the youth we were all talking about back in September and October that came back to bite them in the arse tonight.

Nuff said... not ripping on anyone, just making observations... now I will step aside so the negative nancys can put the team through the meat grinder player by player like they usually do.

Kiddwell
02-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Here is what I saw tonight:
f) LMU was making friggin' circus shots and they were going in, Zags we rimming out 6-7 ft shots and layups.

g) We all complain about FT%, but it was the youth we were all talking about back in September and October that came back to bite them in the arse tonight.

Good points. While wringing our hands in agony, yes, we'd do well to remember these kids are young, our shots had a hex on them, and LMU made some noteworthy plays.

The worst part of this loss for Kiddwell: No chance at a 3 Seed now, and a 4 Seed becomes very problematic. We need to whip the remaining competition (absolutely whip 'em) and be untouchable in the WCC tourney in order to keep the "4 seed" glimmer alive. IMHO.

:[

tobizag
02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
it also seemed that all the weird plays and bounces went their way...for example, how often does a player get stripped so cleanly during a rebound like steven was in the 2nd half? how often does a player catch a ball mid-air, toss it off the glass, and get a foul called? (speaks to your point about circus shots). i'm sure there were others, but i have already blocked them from memory i am sure.

bigblahla
02-19-2010, 02:24 PM
When we're good we're really good but when we lack focus we show our youth.

Our form and focus on most shots left much to be desired. Legs seemed dead on the offensive end, no lift on shots.

Our inability to anticipate and make entry passes to the post against a small team cost us this game.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

MickMick
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
LIZF

I can't remember when I agreed more with a post.

100% agree with all points

Los Gatos Zag
02-19-2010, 03:38 PM
+2

RenoZag
02-19-2010, 06:47 PM
I agree with the thread title, LIZF, but I probably won't be able to help myself. . .