PDA

View Full Version : Stand behind our Team

BlueVoodoo07
02-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Ok I really understand about being upset because our team lost, but we need to stop ripping on them and tearing them apart. I am seeing people now that are saying we won't make it out of the first round. Come on, this is still the team that has been battle tested and great tourny team. Stand behind our team show them that we love them and when they come and read these posts they can see we are still behind them. So for this post lets only put why we love are team and what we are looking forward to come madness time. Go Zags.

d2zag
02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
+1. Well said.

SpokastSports
02-18-2010, 09:49 PM
youth happens, people need to realize it's all about the ride, not the latest dip or detour.

MedZag
02-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Ain't no biggie. Tomorrow when I go to work, I will talk with a woman with terminal cancer diagnosis, a man suffering from debilitating Crohn's disease, a woman on hospice. Those are admirable individuals dealing with real challenges. Hold high standards but maintain perspective. These are young men, and we take joy in their accomplishments. But real growth can't come without adversity.

MJ777
02-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Great perspective MedZag.

The boys had the shooting woes and didn't really bring the fire tonight. As Forrest Gump said "It happens".

I would have liked to seen Few put in the "JV team" as an entire unit for a 5-10 minute stretch to shake things up when the starters were struggling.

Go Zags!

MickMick
02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Poor shooting night against a much improved LMU team. Their great team defense really had our players rattled.

The layup with one second on the clock was great execution by LMU. They put the nail in the coffin with that one.

Gotta give credit to the Lions. They played a great game.

Edit: Screw the RPI talk. I could care less if the number crunchers try to tell me how good LMU is. I trust my own eyes on this one. When healthy, there is absolutely no way that there are 200 teams better than LMU is. I have watched hoops all season long and they are as good as anyone the Zags have faced.

alaskazagnut
02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
They are my team. The Zags again show that our staff is head and shoulders above the others. Our team this year shows us that skill and hard work pay off. This team will learn something more from this loss. They will bounce back for the rest of the games. I know they will give more than what they did at USF and LMU.

Go Zags.

Our team is mature, responsible and skilled. Voodoo, if they read anything on this board they are smart enough to know that it is either true or a bunch of crap or honest support and praise. Post what you believe, not what you want the players or other members to believe about you.

If any current or former or future player reads this, this is what I think: Since my first Zag game in 1979, this team is the closest I think we are to a national championship. Believe in yourselves, like I believe in you. I see all the parts and pieces to win the championship this year. Every one of you have an essential part in that path to win it and I know you can. So play like it is the championship every game, then when you get to the real one, you will win it. I truly believe that you can do it.

GO ZAGS!!!!

Ezag
02-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Stand behind them....with a lighter if need be!

gamagin
02-19-2010, 08:22 AM
the Zags, and PUSH.

bullzag23
02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I woke up this morning feeling crummy about the loss (and the drinking that came with it), but I also realized something that made me think. I was getting really frustrated last night not because I was worried we won't make the NCAAs (we will), but because I was worried this might move us out of Spokane for the first 2 rounds. How far have we come as a program to be worried more about WHERE we will be playing our NCAA games versus IF we will be playing them. I love this team.

Colbyspapa
02-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I love my school. I love GU basketball. I love this team, but I have to call it like I see it. They showed no heart last night. It is disappointing to say, but it is true. I'm sure they will right the ship, but we should not have to sugar coat it to make everyone feel good.

I was disappointed with effort. I have no problem what-so-ever with a loss if we leave everything on the court (see Michigan State). Yes we have lots of freshman and sophomores, but at some point, you have to stop saying this is a young team. They know how to win, they know the offense, they know the defense, and have played 25 games at the highest level of college hoops.

There are no more freshman. Everyone is battle tested. Last night shouldn't have been a battle. If we play defense anywhere close to what we did the last 4 games, we win running away. Let's hope for better each time they step on the court from here on out.

Zag 77
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Not to sugar coat things, but in a 30 game season there are going to be 2-3 games where even a very good team plays like crap and loses. Note I say "very good" team, not "great" team. One just hopes that a crappy game does not happen in the tournament. Hopefully this is it and we have the crap out of our system.

I also would agree with the previous post about LMU and RPI. RPI like any statistical summary can be deceptive. The team on the court last night for LMU is not the same team that played us a few weeks ago and is rapidly improving (as we hope all WCC teams do) and has a good coach.

Historically GU teams that slip up against a "lesser" opponent bounce back well. Hopefully that is the case here.

maynard g krebs
02-19-2010, 03:10 PM
At last, a thread that's full of common sense. LMU is a team with some significant talent, and has proven in their road wins over USC and ND that they can be very good on a given night.

Outside of the few teams loaded w/ MDAA's, there is so much parity that it's "on any given night". How are Cal's fans feeling about their 16 pt blowout loss to OSU last nite?

Perspective. This Zags team has two veteran players, and has exceeded most expectations.

alaskazagnut
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
the Zags, and PUSH.

That is why I would try and push them to play harder, take every team seriously and stick to what is working and make it better. Us, the fans, need to help push the program to the next level.

IdahoZagFan
02-19-2010, 04:39 PM
We love our Zags - team players and coaches and staff! We have delighted in their accomplishments and agonized with them as well - not just this year but every year. We grow to love each team for its own unique qualities and this team is no different. We've followed the players' development - it's a great thing to see.

We want to let them know that we appreciate and support them. GO ZAGS!