PDA

View Full Version : 368

GoZags
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Tonight, Gonzaga's Men's basketball team lost for the 368th time since I arrived on campus as a freshman and started following Zag hoops. Since that day, I've known every score, and during the season, I have always known GU's record and place in the standings.

Gonzaga University, and it's Men's basketball program has been an incredible source of pride for me, my classmates and my GU friends.

Over the course of 37 seasons, I've seen some tremendous wins, and some difficult losses.

The one thing that always holds true, in victory and defeat, is the class our program displays -- on and off the court. Of course there are some moments (off the court) that I'm not proud of -- but by and large -- our guys give it there all.

One thing has held true for every one of Gonzaga's wins -- and Gonzaga's losses over the year. They were playing an opponent who also desparately wanted to win. There have been nights where the ball has bounced in the Zags' favor -- and nights where it hasn't.

This message board community can be difficult to take following a Gonzaga loss. The sense of pride I feel for my school, it's accomplishments on and off the court -- and the sense of togetherness I feel with my Gonzaga classmates and friends does not carry over to this message board. Not tonight.

Pargo the Destroyer
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
So in other words....they played like ####.

NotoriousZ
02-18-2010, 09:28 PM
It's going to be o.k., GoZags. This was a tough loss to swallow, and I think some venting via message board is to be expected. No one's jumping ship here, but it was agonizing to watch that loss--not being able to buy a bucket in the second half. Combine that with the importance of the outcome (maybe not getting a top 5 seed) and you're going to have some very troubled Gonzaga fans.

I was thinking about starting "the good news" thread tomorrow, but I bet someone will beat me to it.

Zag 77
02-19-2010, 11:18 AM
GoZags, I am glad to read your comments. Well said.

BoZarth
02-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Here's to 369 not coming until next season!

Go Gonzaga!!!!

CookieLady
02-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I was pretty bummed after the game and really didn't want to see what the board community was dishing out.

Thankfully, 368 caught my eye. Couldn't agree with you more!

CL

ZagManFan
02-20-2010, 06:06 AM
I tend to stay away from the boards after a loss for at least 2 days. By then most of the bickering has subsided. NOW WHY DID WE STAY IN MAN TO MAN ALL GAME?

j/k. Well said GoZags!

77Zag
02-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Tonight, Gonzaga's Men's basketball team lost for the 368th time since I arrived on campus as a freshman and started following Zag hoops. Since that day, I've known every score, and during the season, I have always known GU's record and place in the standings.

Gonzaga University, and it's Men's basketball program has been an incredible source of pride for me, my classmates and my GU friends.

Over the course of 37 seasons, I've seen some tremendous wins, and some difficult losses.

The one thing that always holds true, in victory and defeat, is the class our program displays -- on and off the court. Of course there are some moments (off the court) that I'm not proud of -- but by and large -- our guys give it there all.

One thing has held true for every one of Gonzaga's wins -- and Gonzaga's losses over the year. They were playing an opponent who also desparately wanted to win. There have been nights where the ball has bounced in the Zags' favor -- and nights where it hasn't.

This message board community can be difficult to take following a Gonzaga loss. The sense of pride I feel for my school, it's accomplishments on and off the court -- and the sense of togetherness I feel with my Gonzaga classmates and friends does not carry over to this message board. Not tonight.

GoZags -- you are right on -- the board community if often times a ##### session over frustrations and disappointment over a loss and not enough pride in the program to swallow a loss and move on -- quickly.

Go Zags!!