PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the game

thespywhozaggedme
02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
No heart, no interest, no passion, no victory. This was the worst that Matt has played since he was a dear in the headlights freshman, my buddy and I kept wondering why he wasn't taking it to the rack. I was also wondering out loud where Bol was. Elias is officially in a slump, good for us in the long run, he'll probably be back next year. Rob got outplayed by a 6'7kid from London. The team over all was so lethargic and complacent; really disappointing. LMU stormed the court and started the "over rated" and "Spokane sucks". As my friend and I walked back to a car a LMU fan yelled out, "It sucks to be a Zag fan tonight." I couldn't agree more.

RenoZag
02-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln ?

HOOTER
02-18-2010, 08:46 PM
"It sucks to be a Zag fan tonight."

The key word here is "tonight". Gonzaga will be in the NCAA tourney (not in Spokane), LMU will not. All in all, I'll take the occasional terrible loss over one lame, post-seasonless, unsuccessful season after another.

Reborn
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
No heart, no interest, no passion, no victory. This was the worst that Matt has played since he was a dear in the headlights freshman, my buddy and I kept wondering why he wasn't taking it to the rack. I was also wondering out loud where Bol was. Elias is officially in a slump, good for us in the long run, he'll probably be back next year. Rob got outplayed by a 6'7kid from London. The team over all was so lethargic and complacent; really disappointing. LMU stormed the court and started the "over rated" and "Spokane sucks". As my friend and I walked back to a car a LMU fan yelled out, "It sucks to be a Zag fan tonight." I couldn't agree more.

This loss hurts and I think it hurts real bad. There's really absolutely NO excuse for it, so Im not even going to try to make any, or even try to analyze it. The Zags simply did not come to play in what WAS a very important game, as big as any game this season. And the Zags treated it like it was a cake-walk, just as THEYdid at USF. They will pay for this when the brackets come out. When you play without effort or fire in your heart, you desrve to lose. The Zags HUGE effort and PLAN to stop LMU when there was 1 second on the clock and we're only down by 2 with a minute to go, and we give them a LAYUP? To me that one play said it all. NOT MENTALLY READY TO PLAY.

J-Lo
02-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln ?

HAHAHAHAAHAHA:lmao:

BlueVoodoo07
02-18-2010, 10:18 PM

I don't agree, being a Zag fan never sucks, it's the best sometimes it just hurts.

Spokanicoug
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=thespywhozaggedme;539693]No heart, no interest, no passion, no victory. QUOTE]

You were in Pullman, too?

Ezag
02-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow that sucked! Tomorrow is another day! Man looks like the Spokane chances are getting a bit slimmer

Zagineer
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
This loss hurts and I think it hurts real bad. There's really absolutely NO excuse for it, so Im not even going to try to make any, or even try to analyze it. The Zags simply did not come to play in what WAS a very important game, as big as any game this season. And the Zags treated it like it was a cake-walk, just as THEYdid at USF. They will pay for this when the brackets come out. When you play without effort or fire in your heart, you desrve to lose. The Zags HUGE effort and PLAN to stop LMU when there was 1 second on the clock and we're only down by 2 with a minute to go, and we give them a LAYUP? To me that one play said it all. NOT MENTALLY READY TO PLAY.

Reborn has been there,.... done that..... He knows of what he speaks.

GU MBB team. Outside of about 4 to 6 teams that are in an elite class of their own, there are about 100 to 150 teams of equal talent and capability. You can't over look anybody.

This one really hurts. A total team loss. No blame on any one player. A total team loss. No one showed up. :(

alaskazagnut
02-18-2010, 11:07 PM

Why is it when I say stuff like this I get bashed and neg rep'd and they say I am not behind my Zags. There really are some fans here who can't handle the horrible truth or they want to be polyanna fans who need the constant optimism and butterflies and birds chirping beneath the rainbow.

Spy, thanks for being honest. Now I am really worried because if they didn't learn after USF, then there is something else bigger and larger looming in the shadows. Some say this loss hurts less. To me this loss hurts the most of all this year. It hurts deep because they should've learned. This is more on the coaches though, to get the guys in who have the fire and have a backup plan if Bouldin, Harris or Sacre is off. It isnt there yet.

alaskazagnut
02-18-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't agree, being a Zag fan never sucks, it's the best sometimes it just hurts.

Always good to be a fan. However it "sucks to lose".

JoeZag
02-19-2010, 06:45 AM

I don't know if Matt was sick or what, but he just wasn't into it last night at all. His shot was way off and he seemed to be subbing out more than usual. If this is how they play without Matt (which is essentially what happened) then next year could be a tough one unless somebody really steps up. LMU's defense aside, the Zags were just woeful offensively last night. Bad loss, but they have to get over it quickly and get the train rolling again. Go Zags!

gamagin
02-19-2010, 07:59 AM
<< To me this loss hurts the most of all this year. >>

As a coach or a player, I'd rather endure this loss than get eliminated in the WCC tourney or any post-season game.

It's a wake up call in a season with many wake up calls. It's never over till its really over.

This game does not spell the end, unless the players decide they did all they could versus LMU and USF and Duke etc etc etc., and there is nothing left to do to improve; or that this team doesn't need to play 40 minutes every game to win.

We have a couple of weeks before the WCC tournament to work on our mental game. We have three games left to pull it together and THEN we will be playing for all the marbles.

If anything, it should be really clear to all of us GUB aholics by now: we don't know which team will show up game to game.

We only know that this team is capable of beating anyone, anytime, but doesn't always commit itself to beating anyone every time.

GonzagaSwagga
02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I got a puzzled feeling in the beginning after Gray drained two quick threes (I saw that smile a couple times). His second (both in less than a minute) put us up 19-10, and he was on the bench five seconds later. Moves like this are beyond my scope of basketball knowledge, I guess.

I'm still having a rough time wrapping my mind around this loss, but hopefully it puts the chip back on our shoulder. Bounce back tomorrow night.