PDA

View Full Version : Angry rant thread--LMU

NotoriousZ
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM
I spent a few minutes explaining to my three year old why I was yelling at the tv for an hour, so I might as well do it here.

If Bouldin AND Harris are off their game, we don't look good at all. Normally when Matt's shot's aren't falling he finds other ways to beat you, but he didn't do it tonight. Elias didn't bring the energy needed to win a road game, and I'm not sure if it was lack of focus or intensity, but there was something missing from his usual performance.

Side note: Heister and Ehlo are even more aggravating when we're losing in the last minutes of a game. While LMU was killing some clock with about 3-4 minutes left, Heister is puzzled by this as if there is some urgency for THEM to get a shot off. Anyway, they executed well and hit a ten-footer with a couple seconds left on the shot clock to go up by six and at that point I'm yelling at our damn announcers as well.

My rant's over. Anyone else?

MedZag
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Few tried going big to impose our will in the key. It become readily clear in the second half that their quick hands on defense keep our bigs flustered and their small lineup was getting around us at will on the defensive end, and if they didn't score Rob or Will was called for the foul. My question... where's KO? If they're too quick, get your long & athletic players in there. Put in Kelly at the 5 to add another midrange threat. Put Manny at the 4. Surely a trial of Matt+Grant was warranted, it's worked well in the past. I saw a lot of substitutions, but none of our typical substitutions. Bench players came in and didn't know their role. Starters were trying to do too much.

cscz28
02-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Mark Few's rotation decisions were puzzling to me. I don't understand why he seems to be allergic to putting bouldin, gray or harris on the bench when they aren't playing well. I guess it says that he doesn't have a lot of confidence in the bench. But I don't see what the harm is if our top three aren't playing well, let them get a couple minutes on the bench to reset and clear their heads and put them right back in. Why is it okay for matt and steven to brick shots but Bol Kong isn't allowed to miss a single one or else he comes right back out of the game.

Another peeve I have is whenever one of the zag players gets interviewed at practice and is asked about the upcoming conference opponent they don't know the slightest thing about them because they wait until one day before the game to gameplan them. To me the lack of energy and urgency starts and ends with how Few prepares these guys during the week, if the coach doesn't take these teams seriously how does he expect his players to?

d2zag
02-18-2010, 08:09 PM
We can't win if Matt and Rob have games like that, and if Elias doesn't bring his energy! Wake up Zags! I thought we were already awake after USF! Done.

zagfan08
02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Side note: Heister and Ehlo are even more aggravating when we're losing in the last minutes of a game. While LMU was killing some clock with about 3-4 minutes left, Heister is puzzled by this as if there is some urgency for THEM to get a shot off. Anyway, they executed well and hit a ten-footer with a couple seconds left on the shot clock to go up by six and at that point I'm yelling at our damn announcers as well.

And then Ehlo always believes the game is in reach despite being down 8 with 15 seconds left. He felt the urge to mention that GU would miss Bouldin's leadership in the last 15 seconds when we were down 6 and they were shooting FTs. I seem to remember something similar to this in our USF loss as well.

Pleasant Peninsula
02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I love Steven Gray. He was actually Gonzaga's best player tonight.

But, re: the defensive lapse with one second on the shot clock"

I'm not sure we've seen a bigger "brain lapse/cost the team the game" type of play, since Derek Raivio thought it would be a good idea to storm down the court out of control and give the ball back to the Bruins in the final seconds of the UCLA debacle.

Hyperbolic?

Probably.

But this is the rant thread.

And that was really, really bad.

gamagin
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
I love Steven Gray. He was actually Gonzaga's best player tonight.

But, re: the defensive lapse with one second on the shot clock"

I'm not sure we've seen a bigger "brain lapse/cost the team the game" type of play, since Derek Raivio thought it would be a good idea to storm down the court out of control and give the ball back to the Bruins in the final seconds of the UCLA debacle.

Hyperbolic?

Probably.

But this is the rant thread.

And that was really, really bad.

EH gave the inbounder a clear lane, too. For some reason, he didn't position himself between the basket and the inbounder. EH was standing and jumping and blocking any attempt to pass away from the basket, while the lane to the basket was clear. So, imo, there were TWO huge miscues that gave the inbounder the ability to make that pass. EH & SG. It was a team screwup.

Zagregious
02-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Just wished there was a willingness to pull starters, any starters that are clearly having an off night. No slight to them, these nights happen, and coaches should adjust.

Not playing Gibbs at all was a mistake if he is healthy (haven't been on the boards this week, so I might be missing something).

In fact, am I totally wrong in thinking our next 5 off the bench had a better chance of beating LMU tonight?

I'm disappointed that the coaching staff only doled out a combined 18 minutes to players 7-10, just not a good adjustment, in my "no coaching experience" opinion.

Bright side: 85.7% from the line. Maybe that was the one thing we were going to work on tonight.

Pleasant Peninsula
02-18-2010, 08:40 PM
EH gave the inbounder a clear lane, too. For some reason, he didn't position himself between the basket and the inbounder. EH was standing and jumping and blocking any attempt to pass away from the basket, while the lane to the basket was clear. So, imo, there were TWO huge miscues that gave the inbounder the ability to make that pass. EH & SG. It was a team screwup.

Maybe you are right; I only saw it once, and it was on justin.tv, so i could have easily missed it.

I just know that I was really, really p!ssed; guess I had to blame somebody...

NotoriousZ
02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Just wished there was a willingness to pull starters, any starters that are clearly having an off night. No slight to them, these nights happen, and coaches should adjust.

Not playing Gibbs at all was a mistake if he is healthy (haven't been on the boards this week, so I might be missing something).

In fact, am I totally wrong in thinking our next 5 off the bench had a better chance of beating LMU tonight?

I'm disappointed that the coaching staff only doled out a combined 18 minutes to players 7-10, just not a good adjustment, in my "no coaching experience" opinion.

Bright side: 85.7% from the line. Maybe that was the one thing we were going to work on tonight.

Good call, I was thinking that too. Did Few have an off night also? I don't know...it's tough to question the coaching staff when they make so many other great decisions. I would have liked to have seen double G out there and more KO and Bol.

The509sfinest
02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
can someone tell me why Bol Kong cant miss one shot or hes out of the game and everyone else can miss their shots and Mark Few be okay with it. I mean his 3 was on target but he missed because he wasnt warmed up. Kong is a player. The lineup clearly should have been Goodson, Gray, Kong, Arop, and maybe Foster tonight. Even though Harris and Matt are clearly our best players, put them on the bench if they are having a bad game....we have alot of backups that have talent. Its not like Harris and Matt are just gonna catch fire in the last few minutes if they have been off the whole game :(

gbnyba17
02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Mark Few's rotation decisions were puzzling to me. I don't understand why he seems to be allergic to putting bouldin, gray or harris on the bench when they aren't playing well. I guess it says that he doesn't have a lot of confidence in the bench. But I don't see what the harm is if our top three aren't playing well, let them get a couple minutes on the bench to reset and clear their heads and put them right back in. Why is it okay for matt and steven to brick shots but Bol Kong isn't allowed to miss a single one or else he comes right back out of the game.

Another peeve I have is whenever one of the zag players gets interviewed at practice and is asked about the upcoming conference opponent they don't know the slightest thing about them because they wait until one day before the game to gameplan them. To me the lack of energy and urgency starts and ends with how Few prepares these guys during the week, if the coach doesn't take these teams seriously how does he expect his players to?

AMen, Ive wondered this myself when watching interviews. I always here "I haven't watched tape on them yet, but I know they will bring their A game against us.... bla bla bla" when its the day or two before the game. This is baffling to me... Any explanations?

Thomas_Sutpen
02-18-2010, 09:11 PM

My rant's over. Anyone else?

Heister and the production team get the clueless award of the night: GU is down by 6 with about 3 minutes left, and Heister is talking about winning this game and the next to clinch the 10th consecutive conference championship (with the accompanying graphic). Broadcasting Hall of Fame moment.

BlueVoodoo07
02-18-2010, 09:20 PM
You can blame it on Few if you guys want to,but he wasn't the one out there missing the shots. And overall we had good shots they just didn't go down. So everybody can complain(since thats what this post is for)but I choose to say hey we lost we will be there for madness and thats what matters. Go Zags

alaskazagnut
02-18-2010, 09:23 PM
This game was more on the staff than on the players in my opinion. Few has to have a confident plan "B" when their "A" game is not working. If plan B fails then they need to have a confident "C" plan. I am not convinced they can adapt to hardship during the game like they will need to have later. It is on the coaches to make sure that confidence and all out desire are brought to every game regardless who we play. There is no reason that we shouldn't play as hard against LMU as we do St Marys. We are in trouble if we can't win out the rest of the season, and I mean the conference tournament too. I'm serious, we are in trouble.

By "In trouble", I mean getting out of the first round of the Tournament.

I don't think most people on this board care that we can get a national championship or expect it. I expect it. Now I am pissed. I have a passion for my Zags and I am upset that I see that same consistent heart and confidence in their preparation and skills. The regular season is practice for the post season. Our winning habits and emotional strength need to be built and solidified by now. Do the Zags themselves believe they can win a national championship? I don't hear anyone talking about what they need to do to win it. I don't hear anyone on this board who is upset that the team continues the same habits that make it hard to win a national championship. All I hear is the occasional "Zags are Final Four material". And that doesn't come from here or the coaching staff. It comes from the sports writers and outsiders. Everyone seems to say "we can't look ahead, we have to look at the next game". Well we have to do both IMO.

What is wrong with holding our athletes and staff to the next higher level. That is the level of the Elite. That is the level of consistent Final Four's and championship games, not 1 or 2 wins and out. Our athletes need to demand that of the coaches, the coaches need to demand that of the athletes and the fans need to demand that of all of 'em. This decade of excellence is great, but now I want more for this next decade. That decade is over and now we are getting top level athletes who need top level coaches to lead them to championships. Few is just that. Few can do it but he just needs to evolve beyond just winning the WCC. The same issues are manifesting themselves in this team, like the teams that played Wyoming, Texas Tech, Indiana, and UCLA. All are tournament losses where we under-played our opponents for all or some part of the game and we lost because of it. Few needs to grow past just getting to the big dance, now he needs to focus on winning it all.

Why doesn't anyone here talk about how to win the championship? Why is the only goal "to go deep in the tournament.?" If they did, they wouldn't accept these losses, as "It is what it is, Next.", or "We are doing better than we expected so just sit back and enjoy it". We need to ask them to get to the next level. Maybe even demand it. I see a national championship team here. Anyone else? Maybe the prize has been forgotten. The prize is the championship! I think we have forgotten the real prize as both fans and the team. We have become satisfied with just winning the conference and getting to the post season. The change in philosophy must come from Few first and foremost. If he has evolved like I believe he should, then it isn't working, and he needs to remind them why they play in the first place.

BlueVoodoo07
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
This game was more on the staff than on the players in my opinion. Few has to have a confident plan "B" when their "A" game is not working. If plan B fails then they need to have a confident "C" plan. I am not convinced they can adapt to hardship during the game like they will need to have later. It is on the coaches to make sure that confidence and all out desire are brought to every game regardless who we play. There is no reason that we shouldn't play as hard against LMU as we do St Marys. We are in trouble if we can't win out the rest of the season, and I mean the conference tournament too. I'm serious, we are in trouble.

By "In trouble", I mean getting out of the first round of the Tournament.

I don't think most people on this board care that we can get a national championship or expect it. I expect it. Now I am pissed. I have a passion for my Zags and I am upset that I see that same consistent heart and confidence in their preparation and skills. Do the Zags themselves believe they can win a national championship? I don't hear anyone talking about what they need to do to win it. I don't hear anyone on this board who is upset that the team continues the same habits and losses that make it hard to win a national championship. All I hear is the occasional "Zags are Final Four material". And that doesn't come from here or the coaching staff. It comes from the sports writers and outsiders. Everyone seems to say "we can't look ahead, we have to look at the next game". Well we have to do both.

It is time to hold our athletes and staff to the next higher level. That is the level of the Elite. That is the level of consistent Final Four's and championship games, not 1 or 2 wins and out. Our athletes need to demand that of the coaches, the coaches need to demand that of the athletes and the fans need to demand that of all of 'em. This decade of excellence is great, but now I want more for this next decade. That decade is over and now we are getting top level athletes who need top level coaches to lead them to championships. Few can do it but he just needs to evolve beyond just winning the WCC. The same issues are manifesting themselves in this team, like the teams that played Wyoming, Texas Tech, Indiana, and UCLA. They are all tournament losses that we under-played to our opponents for all or some part of the game and we lost because of it. Few needs to grow past just getting to the big dance, now he needs to focus on winning it.

Why doesn't anyone here talk about how to win the championship? Why is the only goal "to go deep in the tournament.?" If they did, they wouldn't accept these losses, as "It is what it is, Next.", or "We are doing better than we expected so just sit back and enjoy it". We need to ask them to get to the next level. Maybe even demand it. I see a national championship team here. Anyone else? Maybe the prize has been forgotten. The prize is the championship! I think we have forgotten the real prize as both fans and the team. We have become satisfied with just winning the conference and getting to the post season. The change in philosophy must come from Few first and foremost. If he has evolved like I believe he should, then it isn't working, and he needs to remind them why they play in the first place.

You know Alaska everybody has the own view but, to question anybody on this board if they care about a national championship is crap, we all want one. And how can you really say in trouble of going out in the first round. Maybe if we shot lights out and played a great game and still lost to them I would be worried, but take a look how we shot no one was on.. We have proven we are a great tourny team this year..I speak for the Zag nation in saying that Matty will not have a game like that again this season.You know why I know this, I have faith in him and my team. So we are all upset, but stay behind your team lift them up don't tear them down Go ZAGS

B Wayne
02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
When the game started, I thought Matt looked a little under the weather. I'm not talking about his game, but just the look and color on his face and the way he was carrying himself. I know I'm just speculating. But there are so many things that go on that affect a game that we don't know about.

FlyZag
02-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Some would argue (not necessarily me) that this loss is a good thing...

(is a loss ever a "good" thing?)

Reason being that if seeded in Spokane there would be a lot of 'extra' pressure to win because the games are at home. They would be expected to win. Every talking head and media person would pencil them into the sweet sixteen just because we were playing in Spokane. We would risk the possibility of becoming overconfident. We know what happens then...

But, being seeded in another town away from distractions and without the home town pressure to win 2 games... they may actually do better.

Being seeded close to home hasn't always been good. I remember struggling in Seattle one year and we were in Portland last year with a high seed and were pushed to the end squeaking out a couple of wins.

Just a theory of course...

Hooray4Daye&Gray
02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
i appreciate alaskanzagnut's comments.

if you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

and this program does have the capability to get to the final four at least once this decade, which is ultimately my main goal for the zags as a fan.

i can't argue with the goal being a national championship, either, though.

tonight's loss infuriated me. i would expect the players and coaches to be embarrassed. that doesn't mean i don't love the zags.

conference championships are still worth celebrating, but we can't be satisfied with every other year sweet sixteen appearances. who knows, in 10 years, maybe the zags won't be a WCC dynasty, so let's take advantage of our opportunities to win big while we're still in that window.

i hope that window stays open for the rest of my life, but i know there are no guarantees, which is why each loss hurts and i have a hard time vibing with people who just want to move on and say that 'we'll get 'em next game/year.'

cggonzaga
02-18-2010, 09:49 PM

I'm sorry but I thought Ehlo was an idiot for saying it in the game and I still disagree now. There is 1 second left on the shot clock, anybody guarding someone not throwing the ball in should never let their man get behind them in that situation. That one is completely on Gray. I'm sure Harris never imagined in his wildest dreams that a teammate would allow the opposing team to get that open under the basket.

Ehlo and Heister were unbelievably bad tonight. You'd think a former NBA player would know more about the game. We need new commentators, period! Hudson and Fox are so much better it's not even funny.

alaskazagnut
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
You know Alaska everybody has the own view but, to question anybody on this board if they care about a national championship is crap, we all want one. And how can you really say in trouble of going out in the first round. Maybe if we shot lights out and played a great game and still lost to them I would be worried, but take a look how we shot no one was on.. We have proven we are a great tourny team this year..I speak for the Zag nation in saying that Matty will not have a game like that again this season.You know why I know this, I have faith in him and my team. So we are all upset, but stay behind your team lift them up don't tear them down Go ZAGS

I always get harsh criticism for my harsh criticism so I have to be thick skinned in spite of the negatives I always get for being , IMO real. Every game there is this split between two sides of the members of this board. There are some who are basically only Rah Rah Go ZAGS!! And there are those who both armchair coaches with less Rah Rah but we all love the Zags equally. You make my critique into how bad a fan I am or how I am tearing the team down and not behind them. Your comments are to make yourself look good, like this is some Zagfan popularity pageant. You say you want a national championship then you are scared to speak up on what needs to be done to win it. I actually believe we can do it. Really do it. Not just say I want it. All you do is claim I am not behind my team. Punch a hole in my analysis of the problems then question my fanhood.

I see us needing to work on the same issues that have caused losses during the Tourny for years. I see them come out during the regualr season and then they it happens again. We cant win wiht just Matty having a great day. Voodoo, I didn't say ANYTHING ABOUT MATT!!! It was about the staff and what we AREN'T doing over the course of a season to win a national championship. We aren't elite yet. I want to get there. And I'm not afraid to speak my opinion in spite of having half of this board want to make criticism and pointing out huge (or small) flaws in our system, to be "anti-Zag."

BTW voodoo, if you read my exact quote, I say "I don't think most people on this board care that we can get a national championship or expect it.

I think everyone wants it. But I do think that most really do just enjoy the ride and a natipnal championship would be icing on the cake. I can promise you that some believe that the real point is to have fun, do your best and be good sports. Whether you win or lose isn't the point. There are some who just like the Zags but maybe like the WSU or UW equally but are here as fellow sports lovers. There are some who have no idea about X's and O's but just want to win. There are some fans who are new to Gonzaga and haven't gotten to the fanatic point yet. There are some who are armchair coaches who think they have all the answers. Are you going to say that most care about a national championship? I am just saying I don't think most care. i hope I am wrong and I am actually trying to call us all out and remind us of the real prize. I am not sorry that I am beyond that. I enjoy the ride, I enjoy the off season, I enjoy the post season, and I see it all as a means to be the best team in the nation. 99% of us are helpless to make any difference in how the team is coached or how they play. This board is all we have to voice our opinions and express or vent where we are at as a fan. So I do.

VooDoo, if you aren't worried, fine then. But you should be worried. I bet you, right now the entire team and staff are worried. That is their job to be worried. If they aren't worried about what happened at USF and LMU then they wouldn't be on the team. I see a lot of stuff that still needs to be worked on that I thought was taken care of after USF. Your comment like "I know because I have Faith" is like some religious nut who doesn't believe in doctors to heal. Faith healers are a joke. Faith helps but it takes action, learning and hard work to win. Get real VOODOO. Having faith is one part of being a fan. I have faith as do you, but I also vent, and think, and speak, and hope that we can win a national championship. Maybe I was wrong to say MOST don't care about a championship, but I still don't think you want to hear opinions such as mine because you are a different type of fan then I am.

I can go all day and night with how much I love the Zags and where they need to improve and how proud I am of them and the school and the program. GO ZAGS, all the way!!!

See how long my posts are!!!! Dang man, I love my Zags!!! Get real. I need to not speak up because I have way too much to say.

BlueVoodoo07
02-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Your quote Alaska
"VooDoo, if you aren't worried, fine then. But you should be worried. I bet you, right now the entire team and staff are worried. That is their job to be worried. If they aren't worried about what happened at USF and LMU then they wouldn't be on the team. I see a lot of stuff that still needs to be worked on that I thought was taken care of after USF. Your comment like "I know because I have Faith" is like some religious nut who doesn't believe in doctors to heal. Faith healers are a joke. Faith helps but it takes action, learning and hard work to win."

So Alaska, you play a lot of competitive sports growing up or coach....I was a 3 time state wrestling champion and yes basketball at the same time. And your reply on how the team is worried and I should be to. Thats crap one thing you learn to do as a coach or player is not listin to or start doubting yourself on how good you are. There is no way these kids who have grown up playing sports all there lifes will doubt if they will lose in the first rnd like you said we should be worried about. You learn to look at your lose, analize it, and learn from it then let it go. And for your comment on having Faith, what is Faith? It's the belief in something that is not yet proven....Well like I said before I have Faith in my team..Oh last thing you say maybe I don't want to hear opinions such as mine because I am a different type of fan than you. Well maybe it's because I wrestled at a D 1 school and I know what its like to be a kid with pressure and they sure don't need people doubting on them they need our support.

alaskazagnut
02-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Do you really think that if I walked up to Matt and said: "Hey man, I am worried about the Zags getting out of the first round." they would blame me or disagree with me? Do you actually think that me pretending nothing is wrong and not posting my opinions on this board will make them win more or less? You are more delusional than I am that MY opinions matter.

You say
You learn to look at your loss, analize it, and learn from it then let it go.

Well the Zags didn't learn from the USF loss and that is why I am worried. If no one was worried about anything these guys would think they already won everything they needed to. Tell me you believe Few isn't worried about things right now? Tell me that. I think most members on this board understand that if the Zags lose to teams like USF and LMU then we have a major problem somewhere. Utah St's or the Cornell's are way better than those 2 teams

I'm glad you wrestled and that you know what pressure can do. I believe its that pressure that makes more winners and less losers. Overconfidence and playing down to our competition has been our biggest problem over the years.

So, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings or the teams feelings. Losing sucks and I just hate to see the same things that remind me of past Maryland, Wyoming, Indiana, or Davidson games. Do you remember any of those first round losses? Why would you think that I should not worry about repeating those games? Especially when I see them developing habits similar to what caused some of those huge career ending losses.

And you should get a little more realistic. I'm not jinxing the team by voicing my opinions. The guys on the team aren't going to say "Hey VooDoo, you really made me feel good about myself after that loss to LMU and I really hate that alaska guy for telling us that he was worried".

I think our team needs to hear both of our opinions. Too much of me would be soul crushing, too much of you would instill that winning isn't as important as feeling good about just playing. Neither make for many wins.

Trust me, Coach Few and staff will be harder on them then I can ever be. So pull your panties out of the bunch they are in and chill out.

alaskazagnut
02-19-2010, 01:03 AM
i appreciate alaskanzagnut's comments.

if you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

and this program does have the capability to get to the final four at least once this decade, which is ultimately my main goal for the zags as a fan.

i can't argue with the goal being a national championship, either, though.

tonight's loss infuriated me. i would expect the players and coaches to be embarrassed. that doesn't mean i don't love the zags.

conference championships are still worth celebrating, but we can't be satisfied with every other year sweet sixteen appearances. who knows, in 10 years, maybe the zags won't be a WCC dynasty, so let's take advantage of our opportunities to win big while we're still in that window.

i hope that window stays open for the rest of my life, but i know there are no guarantees, which is why each loss hurts and i have a hard time vibing with people who just want to move on and say that 'we'll get 'em next game/year.'

Some are so out of reality they think if we talk about how bad a game was the players are going to totally melt down and lose the rest of their games because they are so mentally crushed.

Quite the contrary, I think the problem with our team is they are too over-confident and they hear too much about how we can beat anyone and the losses are aberrations, so don't worry about anything.

That hurts our team more IMO. But that is just my opinion.

Zagineer
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm going to bed now. It's late enough to be tired enough to fall asleep. :(

Tomorrow (as in sunrise) is another day.

BlueVoodoo07
02-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Wow Alaska find peace, people and teams lose they learn from it...I still love you and am proud to stand next to you as a Zag fan I will say no more. Go Zags

MickMick
02-19-2010, 04:47 AM
Zags were not taking what was given to them. Seems they were purposely trying to work the ball inside and passing up on open looks to do it.

LMU did a great job of denying post entry passes and were quick to either steal the ball or seal off the post player on the post entry passes. Many shot blocks in the paint were from behind. A nice display of athleticism.

Often the Zags made one pass to many. The outside shooters had many open looks, yet worked diligently on getting the ball down low. By the time the Zags adjusted (and started to take a lot of perimeter shots), all of the perimeter shooters had significantly cooled off and couldn't throw the ball into the ocean.

Zagpower
02-19-2010, 04:47 AM
Not a rant but a question of strategy.

When we get key players on the other team in foul trouble, we never appear to go after that guy and get him fouled out.

We have some great individual talent in Matt, Steven, Elias etc and all are very capable of clearing out and going one on one or posting up their man and either scoring or drawing the foul.

We had their guards in foul trouble all game and kept taking 3's instead of backing them down, posting them up, or just going at the man in foul trouble.

I've noticed this before. We don't seem to change our strategy or play calling to take advantage of other teams individual foul problems imho.