PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of Motivation for the Zags

BobZag
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
1. Beat LMU and Pepperdine and Gonzaga is the WCC champion again.
2. Beat LMU and Pepperdine and the Zags are two wins closer to playing in the Spokane Arena to start the NCAA Tourney.
3. Beat LMU and Pepperdine and the Zags give themselves a chance at a 3 seed.
4. Embarassed by losing to USF? Try losing to LMU or Pepperdine.
5. Beat LMU and Pepperdine and save this board from a meltdown.

Did I miss any?

malmer7
02-17-2010, 02:43 PM
bob - i don't think anyone will disagree with you on any of those points... unfortunately, this young team likes to throw us all a wicked curve ball every 3 weeks or so, we shall see... but here's to hoping they do show up motivated

JokerZag
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Win the tourney: 3/4 in Sockain. Let a slumdog in...6/7 in Charlotte against Davidson (metaphor)

yeah....these guys ain't losing the rest of the schedule

Bocco
02-17-2010, 07:23 PM
5a. Beat LMU and Pepp to show them that the games in the Kennel should not have been as close as they were

Booster
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
6. Beat LMU/Pepp with Matt demonstrating that all-american game that has been such a huge part of this season, further solidifying his place as the league's "most valuable player".
7. Beat LMU/Pepp to maintain the level of confidence and, for the most part, consistency that has been a part of this team over the past couple of weeks. No question we need to be playing our best ball in late Feb/early March. This continues us down that right road.

I went with lucky 7. Vegas here we come.

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-18-2010, 04:08 AM
8. Practice with intensity so you can earn PT and help the team accomplish all of the above...then go DANCING!!

..... to our 'JV' bunch: Wil, Kong, Olynyk, Arop, Gibbs and GJ

MDABE80
02-18-2010, 09:14 AM
If the Zags can chase down a 3 seed, it'll have to be with a strong finish.
If they continue playing intense defense, I don't see why we woldn't claim a 3 and stay home till the Sweet Sixteen;) From here on in, the kids design their own future. This team smells different to me....kind of a throwback team.
As an aside, that "JV" team would win the WCC...they're that good...and nearly all (cept Will) are back for years to come. Nice!

TexasZagFan
02-18-2010, 10:02 AM
If the Zags can chase down a 3 seed, it'll have to be with a strong finish.
If they continue playing intense defense, I don't see why we woldn't claim a 3 and stay home till the Sweet Sixteen;) From here on in, the kids design their own future. This team smells different to me....kind of a throwback team.
As an aside, that "JV" team would win the WCC...they're that good...and nearly all (cept Will) are back for years to come. Nice!

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but if the Zags win out in the manner in which they've won the last three, I see the possibility of a 2 seed. Obviously, several teams ahead of us would have to have a bad patch like Texas & Tennessee, but I have been very impressed of our play, post-USF. Will has added an additional dimension to the team that few opponents can match.

U Zig, I Zag
02-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but if the Zags win out in the manner in which they've won the last three, I see the possibility of a 2 seed. Obviously, several teams ahead of us would have to have a bad patch like Texas & Tennessee, but I have been very impressed of our play, post-USF. Will has added an additional dimension to the team that few opponents can match.

Why not?

+1

I like the posi-track attitude. Let's hope the boys ahead of us eat themselves up in wonderful ways. Fall, fall, fall....