BobZag
02-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Kentridge vs Bellarmine Prep.

7:00 tipoff.

Playoffs have begun.

Go watch Gary if you're in the area.

MDABE80
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
I hope we get this kid. Our season has been so rewarding...Im sure he notices. A severe advance to the E 8 or beyond sure would help confidences in the Zags.... Especially with the weakness of the other D1's in the region...

cjm720
02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
The Pac-10 having a down year could be huge for our pursuit. I think I understand why GJ didn't redshirt (total conjecture), but Few can now tell Kyle D and Gary Bell that the positions are there for their Junior/Senior seasons, if not before.

75Zag
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Bell shows UW and Cal as his only schools of interest on Scout.

I tend to ignore recruiting fantasies, but I am curious why you believe Bell is considering GU without disclosing it to Scout? Some sort of stealth move on his part? Seems odd.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

229SintoZag
02-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Kentridge vs Bellarmine Prep.

7:00 tipoff.

Playoffs have begun.

Go watch Gary if you're in the area.

Good luck to Gary personally, but as a proud Bellarmine alum, all I can say is GO LIONS.

BobZag
02-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Bell shows UW and Cal as his only schools of interest on Scout.

I tend to ignore recruiting fantasies, but I am curious why you believe Bell is considering GU without disclosing it to Scout? Some sort of stealth move on his part? Seems odd.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Scout? lol.

JLGutrocks
02-17-2010, 10:29 AM
GU listed (http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/schoolspop.asp?pr_key=94884)on rivals.

zagboni
02-17-2010, 01:45 PM
a little concerned about Bell over the last few games. 12 and 3 points in his last two games. Anyone know if he is hurt or was in foul trouble.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166096/index.htm

Also here is a piece in this weeks SI about Bell and Kingma.

dim4sum
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Kingma is interested, but Cameron Dollar may be feeding him a line like, go there (Gonzaga) and you'll never start.

zagboni
02-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I have never seen this brought up but don't you think that WSU would have a slight edge on Kingma since his dad and bone played together?

Thoughts.

maynard g krebs
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
a little concerned about Bell over the last few games. 12 and 3 points in his last two games. Anyone know if he is hurt or was in foul trouble.

Saw him v. Kentwood 2 wks ago. He got 25, but mostly driving to the hoop, as his jumper was off. He wasn't even making them in warmups. Shooters have slumps, if this game was any indication he's having one.

Also, the rest of his team isn't very good, so he faces a lot of defensive focus on him.

zagboni
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the update, just wanted to make sure he wasn't hurt. You are right about the rest of the team if he is off they are in trouble.

CDC84
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Bell Jr. said in a recent interview that he's been offered by UCLA. Oklahoma, Kansas and Florida are also scouting him.

BobZag
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
There are other factors, but if Few & Co. can get Bell to go with Dranginis, then maybe add another top-flight guard like Anrio Adams or Kevin Pangos or a top transfer, ala Dickau, then add a combo forward like Kyle Wiltjer, and a wing like Jordan Tebbutt, then add bigs like Nelson-Henry or Landen Lucas... The Zags may have the most talent they've ever had on one team.

That's a best case scenario, and odds are Few won't get all of them, but I'm also impressed with some supposed backup guys like Jonathon Davis that the staff has lined up.

2011 and 2012 are fertile years. :)

BobZag
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Gary went for 25 last night, but 229's Lions beat Kentridge in a close one. Looks like a great game to attend.

maynard g krebs
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Adams has been on a scoring tear lately- 20 last nite v Rainier Beach in a close loss. He's a really unselfish pass-first guy from what I've seen (2 games) so maybe Kerr has been telling him he needs to score for them to beat top teams (41 and 24 in recent games).

Question for BZ or CDC- does the staff see him as a more as a pg or wing?

BobZag
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Adams has been on a scoring tear lately- 20 last nite v Rainier Beach in a close loss. He's a really unselfish pass-first guy from what I've seen (2 games) so maybe Kerr has been telling him he needs to score for them to beat top teams (41 and 24 in recent games).

Question for BZ or CDC- does the staff see him as a more as a pg or wing?

A kid like Adams would be used as a combo guard (PG & SG) and, if he adds some height and size, a Wing. Much would depend on his ballhandling skills.