• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bballguy
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jan 2009

Us vs Them...

What do you look for when you compare Gonzaga with other teams? I am particularly currious as to how you compare us against current high ranking mid-majors. Examples: Northern Iowa, Buttler, Siena, Xavier, Temple, New Mexico, etc. I start with an eye test (do they look like a quality team in the airport) and then I look at team discipline; shot selection, defense, execution on offense. Finally I look for athletisism. Memphis had kids who would look like they were launched from a vaulting tramp when they went for layups. But their discilpline and shot selection at times was horrible. Northern Iowa looks like they execute well but they don't look very athletic. What is it that you use to evaluate potential upcoming matchups?
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

#1. Where they are ranked....#2. Where the game is ......#3 How athletic they are.......how Few does it , is a mystery to me.....I see teams that they have beaten and can't believe it...the man is a genius..

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bballguy View Post
      What do you look for when you compare Gonzaga with other teams? I am particularly currious as to how you compare us against current high ranking mid-majors. Examples: Northern Iowa, Buttler, Siena, Xavier, Temple, New Mexico, etc. I start with an eye test (do they look like a quality team in the airport) and then I look at team discipline; shot selection, defense, execution on offense. Finally I look for athletisism. Memphis had kids who would look like they were launched from a vaulting tramp when they went for layups. But their discilpline and shot selection at times was horrible. Northern Iowa looks like they execute well but they don't look very athletic. What is it that you use to evaluate potential upcoming matchups?
      Usually, I check out the (female) cheerleaders first. It's a process that has kept me going all these years.

That's the type of answer that mendiant would expect from the likes of me, and I hate to let her down.

Comment

• rawkmandale
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

Free throws....can they shoot them, or not?

Comment

• snebzag
          Kennel Club
          • Mar 2008

I don't compare Gonzaga to other mid-majors, low majors, high majors, medium sub-par majors, semi-low majors, medium low sub par high majors, etc.
          I just go game by game. OOC, Conference games. Win. Play hard. Be tough. That is all.

Comment

• Zag79
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

position to position, who ever has the most "better than the other guy"'s will win. trust me.

Comment

Working...
            X