PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Weekly Watch Week 13

bulldoginpdx
02-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Andy Katz wrote two pieces on the Zags for this weeks weekly watch. Here are the tidbits.

The Rest Of The Rotation

Matt Bouldin, Sr., G, Gonzaga: Bulldogs coach Mark Few said Bouldin should be an All-American. It's hard to argue. You can nitpick about whether he's a second- or third-team pick (you need to put Wall and Turner on the first team if you go two guards), but Bouldin -- save for his brutal performance against Duke (which was post-concussion) -- has been superb for the Zags. Bouldin scored 18 points in a crucial WCC win over Saint Mary's. He then followed that up with another efficient performance against San Diego with 16 points, making 7 of 10 from the field.

Five Golden Teams

Gonzaga: The Bulldogs might have lost once at San Francisco, but sweeping through Saint Mary's and San Diego after already blitzing Portland was another indicator that the Zags are the team to beat out West and could be in Spokane for the first and second rounds.

The rest of the article can be read here.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/notebookweeklywatch0913/week-13

trevorlawrence
02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
AMAZING!!!!! New Mexico is finally given a little recognition from ESPN. It's about time they see what everybody here in New Mexico sees. That we have a very good team here in Albuquerque. Keep it up Lobos!

rawkmandale
02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I'll root for the Lobos most every game that they aren't playing Gonzaga. I'd love to see them take out a couple of Big Least teams.

BobZag
02-16-2010, 09:25 AM
I'd really enjoy seeing Matt make an AP All-American Team. I'm not much into awards but I would like to see this happen. But it'll be difficult, there are so many quality guards out there.

Reborn
02-16-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd really enjoy seeing Matt make an AP All-American Team. I'm not much into awards but I would like to see this happen. But it'll be difficult, there are so many quality guards out there.

I think he can make it. It will depend on how deep the Zags go in March Madness. If they go deep, and I think they can, then Matt ends up an All-American. What if the Zags make the Final 4 (and they can this year)? Don't you think Matt will make at least 2nd team All American. And I think he will have a good case if the Zags make it to the Elite 8 or Sweet 16. Why? Because this has been such a young team. I think what the Zags have already done this year is simply incredible. Few analysts seem to give mention to this fact. This was the year that many were pondering about whether the Zags would even make it to the tournment, somewhat in the class of North Carolina and UCONN. Mark Few and Matt Bouldin have done an incredible job this year.

Matt Bouldin is having an incredible year. I think he's the best passer in the college game, and he contols a game like no one else accept John Wall. Matt is not as flashy as Wall. But he has the IQ for this game that is equal to Wall's. As I have said before, it would be great to match up with Kentucky out West. Or better yet in the Final 4.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Matt earning AA status could certainly help recruiting. "Come to Gonzaga and be the next Bulldog to become an All-American" is a nice sales pitch to make to high schoolers.

MickMick
02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Matt earning AA status could certainly help recruiting. "Come to Gonzaga and be the next Bulldog to become an All-American" is a nice sales pitch to make to high schoolers.

It goes beyond the interest of Gonzaga. This is much more about a deserving young man that has had as fine of a season as any of the other Zag greats.

The stats don't show the little things he does. His leadership and court awareness are probably his best assets. Regardless, his quantifiable numbers are good enough as well.

This team has far surpassed all preseason prognostications. Matt is the driving force behind it.

We shouldn't collectively "settle" for Matt to be considered anything less than one of the best players in the country.

For him, not Gonzaga.

007Zag
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't know that I've ever enjoyed watching a player's senior season so much. Bouldin has been a ray of consistency, leadership and heady play this year. He's patented that hesitation dribble to the leaning bank shot/lay up and it's been an absolute pleasure to watch him.

He deserves AA honors. At least 2nd team.

Xin Loi 67
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
on all thoughts above.