PDA

View Full Version : Milestone

Angelo Roncalli
02-13-2010, 10:20 PM
With tonight's win, Mark Few moved ahead of Roy Williams to become the active coach (at least 5 years) with the highest winning percentage.

gozagswoohoo
02-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow, thanks for pointing that out. That's incredible!

Zagguy
02-13-2010, 10:42 PM
You deserve a good sleep and we know you will have a safe flight home. Thank you for sharing your dream with us this weekend. You Rock (and your bro too)!

alaskazagnut
02-13-2010, 11:05 PM
I think the percentage, or number, statistic or whatever you want to call it, speaks for itself. The entire reason for Gonzaga's success is our Coach, Mark Few. Mark is just as much the reason for our success as he is the culmination of decades of Fitz's hard work, trust in our kids and staff, and the entire Gonzaga community's Christian work ethic.

Thanks Mark, for staying true to the kids you recruit, the fans, the mission of the University and to the continued belief that we can win a championship someday.

I believe this is a good year for it.

rawkmandale
02-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Great post - thank you.

bballbeachbum
02-14-2010, 08:18 AM
been my favorite for many, many years now, in this chronological order

Al McGuire
Jim Valvano
John Thompson
Tom Izzo
Mark Few

Coach Few's numbers speak for themselves. and doing it out of Spokane, WA! He, his staff and his players took Gonzaga basketball and dumped the ncaa basketball cognoscenti status quo on its ear, just like those other coaches on the list did, too. Don Haskins was before my time, but he would have been my favorite, too.

to Coach Mark Few, who gives hope and credence to all coaches and players and programs who are trying to upend the established powers

:clap: :clap: :clap: No Let Up!!!!!!! No let up

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

gamagin
02-14-2010, 08:53 AM
With tonight's win, Mark Few moved ahead of Roy Williams to become the active coach (at least 5 years) with the highest winning percentage.

Thanks, coach !

Thanks to all the coaches !

nonzagzag
02-14-2010, 08:55 AM
I have been following this too,

using data from wikipedia
maybe my numbers are wrong but I have Roy Williams at 608-149
or .803170

and Mark Few at 285-70 or .802816 - not quite passing Williams yet

does someone have different numbers?

however, even If they both win their next 2 games...

Roy will be at .803689
Mark will be at .803922

not that it really matters of course ;)

TM27
02-14-2010, 09:05 AM
NC plays at Georgia Tech on Tuesday...if NC loses then Few will surpass Williams. Minor details at this point though. Unbelievable to think how far they have come.

I believe the confusion is coming from a mess up in game recap article?