PDA

View Full Version : Majerus to Saint Louis

Gunnymink
04-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Lots of good eats available.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2851583

drnoe
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Good deal...Majerus will be well-fed and I'm sure the Billikens took care of his insurance concerns. Maybe he'll try to get at least one game scheduled with the Zags before Bouldin graduates.

lothar98zag
04-27-2007, 03:03 PM
May 1, 2007 Headline:

Majarus backs out of St. Louis coaching job

jayray
04-27-2007, 03:48 PM
He doesn't look in any better shape than years past to start coaching again. When he was at the arena earlier in the year he looked like a penguin wobbling when he was walking.

brasszag
04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
May 1, 2007 Headline:

Majarus backs out of St. Louis coaching job

Exactly what I was thinking

MickMick
04-27-2007, 08:14 PM
He was often wrong about the Zags when he did their games (on ESPN), but a few quotes that come to mind:

"Bouldin and Pargo are the strongest guards in college basketball" (I believe he means physically strong)

"The Zags run the ball...even after a made basket"

"Gonzaga recruits top-tier Pac -10 talent and plays in a mid major league" (explaining the recent domination of the conference)

He was also somewhat apologetic about comments he made of Derek Ravio the previous season. Believing that Ravio was not a great shooter because "he misses short, and the great shooters miss long." But after the most recent WCC tournament he revised his thinking and lavished a great deal of praise upon the senior Ravio.

bayzag09
04-28-2007, 02:40 PM
This means he can't call Zag games anymore! woooooooooooot!

BoltZag
04-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Bummer...no more "oh-fense."

I can't help but think of Majerus trying to convince Steve Lavin and Rece Davis, during a SportsCenter broadcast in '06, that he's "not a big Gay guy" and watching Lavin try not to lose his lunch.

Hard to believe that statement, when followed one season later by "What I really love about Bouldin is his body."

Thanks for all the innuendos and mispronunciations Rick...good luck.

brasszag
04-28-2007, 10:26 PM
While I, like others here, couldn't stand his presentation as a color-man - I liked the CONTENT he had.

He really brought a coach's insight to the games he called and made some basketball esoterica more understandable to the groundlings such as I. Very few of the coaches who transition to announcers do nearly as well as making the game more lucid.

Birddog
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Very few of the coaches who transition to announcers do nearly as well as making the game more lucid.
On the face of it, that's pretty funny; accusing big Rick of lucidity! I agree with your post wholeheartedly though.

Birddog