PDA

View Full Version : Is Ehlo getting replaced?

alaskazagnut
02-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Krista Blunks voice and demeanor is better and more soothing. Hearing 2 hours of Ehlo-isms gets annoying to say the least. I have a feeling it is just a temporary ESPN thing, but we need to get Richard Fox on board or stick with her if we can. Just kinda slide and push Ehlo off the end of the bench and keep ging like we didn't notice. Let him announce WSU games.

She's pretty too

Das Zagger
02-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Krista Blunks voice and demeanor is better and more soothing. Hearing 2 hours of Ehlo-isms gets annoying to say the least. I have a feeling it is just a temporary ESPN thing, but we need to get Richard Fox on board or stick with her if we can. Just kinda slide and push Ehlo off the end of the bench and keep ging like we didn't notice. Let him announce WSU games.

She's pretty too

Bring back Dennis Patchin.

adoptedzag
02-13-2010, 08:19 PM

Patchin got fired from his radio show on Friday, Patchin, Osso and the Wingman, its now just Osso and the Wingman :(

ZagLawGrad
02-13-2010, 08:21 PM

YES

Rangerzag
02-13-2010, 08:45 PM
ESPN is not a place you usually find Ehlo.

Doesn't Heister do the Iditarod for ESPN?

meadgrad02
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Patchin wasn't fired. Did you listen to the whole show? It was a joke.

adoptedzag
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Patchin wasn't fired. Did you listen to the whole show? It was a joke.

Oh really? Wow.

Naw, I only have a 35 minute commute and that's when I listen to talk radio. Can't stand much more than that ;)

Norcalzag
02-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm betting it was a one-game ESPN thing, as AlaskaZag suggested. Ehlo will probably be back next game on FSN. Honestly, I don't think he's any worse in his role as a color guy than Heister is as the play-by-play guy.

BSUBronco74
02-13-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't know who she is or where she came from, but she has done her homework, and sure put the usual Heister and Ehlo show in a different perspective tonight. Good knowledge, good analysis, stayed with the on-court play very well in spite of Heister going astray a few times. I say bring her back and let her call the games on KHQ/KAYU.

Because I actually enjoy some of Ehlo's parables and garbled logic as a color man, would even go out on a limb and say that this chick should take over on the play-by-play for Heister. It would not be a step backwards, that's for sure.

hooter73
02-13-2010, 10:02 PM
She joked how Daye would have been running the point this year if he had have stayed. I say KEEP HER!!!:p

Akzag
02-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Ehlo / Heister are the FSN team.
This was espnU.
Gannon (as well as other media talent) have headed north to Vancouver.
Throw in a busy Saturday, and that the Deuce ( with Lavin) was in Portland for the Gael game ... just one of those things ...
They needed a play by play guy and they called Heister, but not Ehlo. Not the first time (even this year).

SunDevilGolfZag
02-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Ehlo is not the problem; he's an asset

Zagineer
02-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't know who she is or where she came from, but she has done her homework, and sure put the usual Heister and Ehlo show in a different perspective tonight. Good knowledge, good analysis, stayed with the on-court play very well in spite of Heister going astray a few times. I say bring her back and let her call the games on KHQ/KAYU.

Because I actually enjoy some of Ehlo's parables and garbled logic as a color man, would even go out on a limb and say that this chick should take over on the play-by-play for Heister. It would not be a step backwards, that's for sure.

Isn't Google fantastic........ :) (I hope I Googled the right person. :) )

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/KristaBlunk.jpg

KRISTA BLUNK
Women's Basketball Analyst, Volleyball Analyst

Krista began covering the WNBA's Sacramento Monarchs as an analyst in 1997, the debut year for the WNBA. Krista has co-hosted Monarchs Talk on Sports 1140 AM KHTK and has been a WNBA playoffs analyst for both NBA TV and Oxygen.

Krista has spent the last six seasons as an analyst and reporter covering the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament for ESPN, Westwood One and NCAA Productions.

For the past three years she worked as an analyst for FSN West, Northwest and Bay Area, covering West Coast Conference and Pac-10 men's and women's basketball. She also has covered NCAA men's and women's volleyball and women's basketball with CSTV for the last three seasons, also called women's college soccer and basketball with Comcast SportsNet last season, and covered the women's volleyball NCAA Tournament for ESPN.

Krista graduated with honors in telecommunications/public relations in 1993 from the University of Evansville, where, as a senior, she was named the NCAA "Sportswoman of the Year." She played professionally for the Kentucky Marauders of the Women's Basketball Association, as well as in Australia.

adoptedzag
02-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Isn't Google fantastic........ :) (I hope I Googled the right person. :) )

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/KristaBlunk.jpg

KRISTA BLUNK
Women's Basketball Analyst, Volleyball Analyst

Krista began covering the WNBA's Sacramento Monarchs as an analyst in 1997, the debut year for the WNBA. Krista has co-hosted Monarchs Talk on Sports 1140 AM KHTK and has been a WNBA playoffs analyst for both NBA TV and Oxygen.

Krista has spent the last six seasons as an analyst and reporter covering the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament for ESPN, Westwood One and NCAA Productions.

For the past three years she worked as an analyst for FSN West, Northwest and Bay Area, covering West Coast Conference and Pac-10 men's and women's basketball. She also has covered NCAA men's and women's volleyball and women's basketball with CSTV for the last three seasons, also called women's college soccer and basketball with Comcast SportsNet last season, and covered the women's volleyball NCAA Tournament for ESPN.

Krista graduated with honors in telecommunications/public relations in 1993 from the University of Evansville, where, as a senior, she was named the NCAA "Sportswoman of the Year." She played professionally for the Kentucky Marauders of the Women's Basketball Association, as well as in Australia.

Good research Zagineer :)

BoltZag
02-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Ehlo / Heister are the FSN team.
This was espnU.
Gannon (as well as other media talent) have headed north to Vancouver.
Throw in a busy Saturday, and that the Deuce ( with Lavin) was in Portland for the Gael game ... just one of those things ...
They needed a play by play guy and they called Heister, but not Ehlo. Not the first time (even this year).

Ok...not to flame, but most of this is incorrect.

True, Heister and Ehlo are the KHQ team. As for the rest...

Terry Gannon is not in Vancouver because he does not work for NBC, who is covering the Olympics. Lavin was not in Portland for the Gaels, he was in Happy Valley watching the Nittany Lions lose again.

Blunk is a regular on west coast ESPNU men's and women's games and will work the women's WCC games in Vegas. She has worked with Heister in the past (and it sparked this exact thread).

And, finally, this is the first time Heister has been on any ESPN network this year. No he does not cover the Iditarod for ESPN, he does it for vs.

Trivial...yes...but facts are facts.

alaskazagnut
02-14-2010, 01:31 AM
I enjoyed her voice, consistent professional manner of speaking, and all around accurate information and lack of being politically INcorrect. She was a breath of fresh air, literally. Whatever they pay Ehlo, offer her double, throw in Richard Fox, and voila'...

To be honest Ehlo and Heister aren't that bad but we just need a change. Their mannerisms and overly casual commentary is getting annoying and is seemingly, getting less and less professional.

FuManShoes
02-14-2010, 02:47 AM
She borrowed Bardo's Bouldin is Drew Brees bit, or she stole it. Strange to see the same video comparison two games in a row.

Birddog
02-14-2010, 05:17 AM
SDGZ

Ehlo is not the problem; he's an asset

AZN

To be honest Ehlo and Heister aren't that bad but we just need a change. Their mannerisms and overly casual commentary is getting annoying and is seemingly, getting less and less professional.

I think you are both correct. If I was the boss, I'd be having an exit interview with Heister first and I'd give him enough severance to buy a decent lid.

gueastcoast
02-14-2010, 07:46 AM
I've posted on Heister and Ehlo before and won't repeat it again here, but will offer one observation re: Heister last night:

-- For a guy that covers so many Zag games for KHQ, his repeated comments after Steven hit those three early 3s about how prolific a 3-point shooter he is, etc. etc. grew tiresome in light of the fact that someone who follows the Zags closely should have made note of Steven's recent troubles shooting from outside. It might as well have been a "national" commentator who had never seen the Zags play live all season.

-EC

Xin Loi 67
02-14-2010, 08:47 AM
She borrowed Bardo's Bouldin is Drew Brees bit, or she stole it. Strange to see the same video comparison two games in a row.

All they had in front of them for fill was left-overs and they used them. I think the pairing was a hurried thought but they both still did a good job even though, it was very dry.

The repeated references to, "this was the only game we could bring you", was distracting. It was sorta like, 'this was the only game we could scrape up and we're here because the good guys are at more important games.'

Elo has always reminded me of "Dandy Don", just sober.

Nevtelen
02-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Krista Blunk and Heister have done Zags games before on occasion on ESPN channels IIRC. She often does WCC games with Steve Physioc - she's done some of the 'other' WCC games on ESPN in past years, too.

The team that nailed it last night, announcer-wise, was Portland. They got Kevin Calabro. Are you kidding? Calabro would be fantastic. I realize he lives in Seattle, but with his contract up with the Sounders, I don't think he has anything going at the moment. Could the Zags snag him, please? Come on FSN, you owe us for all the seasons we've had to put up with Ehlo.

I'd also take Richard Fox, who is fantastic on the radio broadcasts.

Jakester425
02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Ok...not to flame, but most of this is incorrect.

True, Heister and Ehlo are the KHQ team. As for the rest...

Terry Gannon is not in Vancouver because he does not work for NBC, who is covering the Olympics. Lavin was not in Portland for the Gaels, he was in Happy Valley watching the Nittany Lions lose again.

Blunk is a regular on west coast ESPNU men's and women's games and will work the women's WCC games in Vegas. She has worked with Heister in the past (and it sparked this exact thread).

And, finally, this is the first time Heister has been on any ESPN network this year. No he does not cover the Iditarod for ESPN, he does it for vs.

Trivial...yes...but facts are facts.

Ummm actually he is...I saw him on tv last night. Below is a link...

http://vancouver2010.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/nbc-to-bulk-up-olympic-coverage/

Now thats a fact.