PDA

View Full Version : Zags reclaim 1st place in WCC

Reborn
02-11-2010, 09:42 PM
by trouncing St. Mary's. The Zags just shut them out the second half. Zags were able to show St. Mary's the toughness that comes from playing the kind of OCC schedule that they play. The Zags were SOLID AS A ROCK!
Sacre and Will Foster just shut Omar down the second half. :)

And what can I say about Matt Bouldin. He's still in the run for All American in my opinion. He was as solid as could be. He hit big shot after big shot. They just could not guard him.

And, by the way, did you see St Martin's coaching staff shake hands with Zags coaching staff after the game, led by Bennet. They practically ran by us, and it wasn't what I'd call a hand shake. No love there, that's for sure.

I bet it was rocking in K2 tonight. I would have loved to have been there. Every so often I like a good thumping, especially when it's St. Mary's. Way to go Zags!!!

ZagAddict
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM
You could feel the confidence get squeezed right out of the Gael's tonight in the MAC. Samhan didn't even finish the game on the court... left with over 3 minutes left in the game. I guess they are focusing on trying to wrap up 2nd place in the conference... Go Pilots ;)

In my mind Bouldin proved that he should be MVP in the conference. Matt really got the Zags on track in the 2nd half and SMC had no answer for him. Samhan had a good night from a statistic standpoint, but he couldn't even hang in there for his Gael team until the final buzzer... I felt he really began to give up in the final 6 minutes after the Gaels weren't climbing back into the game. His game really suffers when Allen isn't in the game with him.

Bennett and his staff are disgraceful in my opinion... I can't decide if he's worse than Keating or not. His sportsmanship is a horrible example for student athletes... and I've never been able to believe what he tolerates from Samhan. No surprise he wasn't a graceous loser tonight.

The Kennel was definitely rocking tonight... and the MAC was about 98 degrees. I think I lost a good 5 pounds in water weight tonight.... I think Omar dropped 10+ pounds. If it's like this for the USD game on Saturday... I'm renaming the MAC the Sweat Lodge.

Great job Zags! Thanks for the proper send off for Samhan in the Kennel for the last time. He will forever be winless in the Kennel :D

Zag79
02-12-2010, 02:44 AM
what a great team win. everyone had a hand or big moment in helping get that important W. the kennel was rocking, KC was loud! no AC for the first half, and after feeling like i played a game myself it came on in the second. this team is doing big things in march if you ask me.

RenoZag
02-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Contra Costa Times Game Story (http://www.contracostatimes.com/stmarys-gaels/ci_14387505?nclick_check=1)

sittingon50
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Story filed by Dave Trimmer, Spokesman Review writer covering the game for the Bay Area.

Think I heard Tom Hudson on the radio say that Omar didn't score in the last 14 minutes of the game. If so, great D.

Props to him however. He was really good up until that point & has really had a fine career at SMC, mostly due to his own hard work.