PDA

View Full Version : Amazing!

FuManShoes
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Watched the game in passing at a bar, will watch in full at home. Zags by 18? Amazing defense. Amazing.

misszigzag
02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Amazing indeed.

Gray was relentless tonight on defense tonight and playing very physical.

Sacre and Meech have both stepped their games up as of late.

Solid playing tonight boys.

U Zig, I Zag
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Amazing indeed.

Agreed. Gray's long distance shooting is concerning, for me. His D is INCREDIBLE. If that kid is hippie thespian non-three hitting D machine I am good with that.

Sarenyon
02-11-2010, 09:17 PM
The defense was OK in the first half...

It was outstanding in the second. SMC was so rattled, they just had no chance.

VinnyZag
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
I can't remember a Zags team that played defense like this. Or a three-game stretch by a GU team where the defensive effort has been this good. Very impressive.

rawkmandale
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
True dat...

MickMick
02-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Who cares what WCC fans might think of the physical play? This is mild considered to the Big East.

This is what the Zags became conditioned to against Cincinatti, Illinois, and Memphis. That style approximates what they will face/need in post season.

If SMC played any kind of a schedule they would find that out.

Reborn
02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Amazing? MATT BOULDIN!!! Matt just owned that game tonight. He's unstoppable, and is my choice for player of the year in the WCC. The championship game in the WCC tournament will decide it; and our Matt will be ready.

Also Matt and Stephen!!! I have really enjoyed these two guys in our backcourt this year. Stephen played with so much energy of Defense.

The Amazing effort by the Zags on defense. Sacre was just incredible on D tonight. I thought Rob played real well. He's coming along real nice.

Alias really needs to stop making so many stupid fouls. It's ridiculous. Show some discipline on D. Other than that, he's incredible going to the basket. He always puts on a show (what a dunk), and that long 3 was a thing of beauty.

CDC84
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Mickey McConnell, SMC's 2nd leading scorer, was held to 0. He was only able to get one three point shot off the whole game. Tommy said that Meech did a tremendous job on him in the 2nd half.

This is coming off of games where Memphis' Elliot Williams was held to 11 points (3-8 FG) and Portland's TJ Campbell was held to 3 points (1-10 FG).

Meech has also shot 10/14 from the field the last 3 games.

He's been working really hard of late and has been burning the midnight oil in the film room.

Birddog
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
The championship game in the WCC tournament will decide it; and our Matt will be ready.
I think the votes have to be in before the WCC Tournament. The all tournament team and most valuable player of the tournament are separated from the regular season IIRC.

In any case, Bouldin should get it, he deserves it, but the vote will be close and I wouldn't be surprised to see a result like last year, sadly.

BC1210is
02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
I wanted comment on Meech because I have been critical of him most of the year. He had a great game, provided some clutch baskets and solid defense (minus the foul trouble, wish he could have played more). He got the scoring started in the first half and made some nice drives in the 2nd.
The whole team played well, Bouldin was unstopable, Sacre played with a lot of fire and Kelly and Will played great off the bench. This team responded well to the loss to USF and has really played well the last 3 games. I like how deep, balanced and physical this team is this year.

GO ZAGS

Das Zagger
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Amazing? MATT BOULDIN!!! Matt just owned that game tonight. He's unstoppable, and is my choice for player of the year in the WCC. The championship game in the WCC tournament will decide it; and our Matt will be ready.

Also Matt and Stephen!!! I have really enjoyed these two guys in our backcourt this year. Stephen played with so much energy of Defense.

The Amazing effort by the Zags on defense. Sacre was just incredible on D tonight. I thought Rob played real well. He's coming along real nice.

Alias really needs to stop making so many stupid fouls. It's ridiculous. Show some discipline on D. Other than that, he's incredible going to the basket. He always puts on a show (what a dunk), and that long 3 was a thing of beauty.

I think its already in the barn.

Zag79
02-12-2010, 02:36 AM

i love this post. someone that understands hoops, and can see the importance of every player even when he doesnt shoot the lights out. gray was phenomenal on d.

Sacre was just incredible on D tonight. I thought Rob played real well. He's coming along real nice.

rob was huge. he basically out played omar at times, very physical. anyone at the game see omar get "patted down" as he was announced only to have big rob mock him? perfect. :lmao: sacre was great.

Mickey McConnell, SMC's 2nd leading scorer, was held to 0. He was only able to get one three point shot off the whole game. Tommy said that Meech did a tremendous job on him in the 2nd half.

This is coming off of games where Memphis' Elliot Williams was held to 11 points (3-8 FG) and Portland's TJ Campbell was held to 3 points (1-10 FG).

Meech has also shot 10/14 from the field the last 3 games.

He's been working really hard of late and has been burning the midnight oil in the film room.

excellent post cdc. meech was brilliant, he played like i think he will from here on out. he seems to get what we need to win. keep it up meech!

He's unstoppable, and is my choice for player of the year in the WCC. The championship game in the WCC tournament will decide it; and our Matt will be ready.

book it. matt has proved how good he is.

MickMick
02-12-2010, 03:43 AM
From the prediction thread. (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=534945#post534945)

Zags by double digits.

There will be no let down for this one. I expect they will play their best game of the season and erase any doubts. The legacy of those consecutive titles will be plenty motivation.

Who wants to be known as the team that broke the string?

gonstu
02-12-2010, 04:36 AM
anyone at the game see omar get "patted down" as he was announced only to have big rob mock him? perfect. :lmao:

this sounds funny, can someone elaborate?

Zag79
02-12-2010, 11:04 PM
as the SMC players were being announced, omar sat in his seat with his warm up shirt over his head. as he was introduced, he spread his legs, put his arms out, and his team patted him down. when rob came out, he mocked the whole into by doing himself. pretty entertaining, i love the fire. rob said this after the game...

http://www.gonzagabulletin.com/sports/gonzaga-stays-on-top-of-wcc-with-80-61-win-over-st-mary-s-1.1127326

Samhan is infamous for how much he likes to “trash talk” while he plays, but Gonzaga’s centers didn’t hear any of that.“He doesn’t trash talk to me,” Sacre said. “I don’t know if he’s scared of me, he just doesn’t trash talk to me. I don’t put up with a lot of trash talk.”

love it!