PDA

View Full Version : RANT THREAD - post WCC championship game

lothar98zag
02-10-2010, 12:41 PM
this is not an analysis thread. no logic allowed.

rants go here.

Stache
03-08-2010, 06:39 PM
1. Go get the board. Don't watch. Channel Arop's constant activity.

2. Respect the shooter and be tough enough to get over screens to guard the shooter...where-ever that may be.

3. If refs aren't calling the contact, then tighten the shoes, suck it up, and pound back.

4. Don't drop the ball unless you have a plan. That's for the post on the block and the point who goes past the top of the key. Don't dribble because it just something to do or develop your timing.

7:00 minutes to go. Get tougher.

alaskazagnut
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
They came out sloppy to start. And continued with 14 turn overs. They let St Marys dictate pace and defensive sets. The Gaels got hot from 3 point land, and got the big calls, and we didn't match their desire. They wanted it more. Period.

MississppiZag
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Matt Bouldin and Meech are doing awesome against them. Hope we don't play Georgetown.

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
No excuses. But look for SMC to be one and done IMO.

Stache
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
We're like that new MLB pitcher who goes 9-0 in the first pass through the league, but finishes 12-12. Good teams and coaches know that RS is offensively limited and not a tremendous rebounder for his height. Our point guard doesn't shoot and as a result Harris is getting double teamed all the time.

With a little film, our "stuff" that worked when we were new (November/December), is now a bit known and defended.

Get healthy and get tougher.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-08-2010, 07:02 PM
No excuses. But look for SMC to be one and done IMO.

Sour grapes--you're making us look like sore losers. Why not give credit where it's due? The thread is titled "congrats" after all. They played great tonight. If they play that well in the tourney, they may well win a game or two.

Saxon_zag
03-08-2010, 07:02 PM
NO

Screw st. mary's and screw the officials in this game (time to make excuses). Did you read few's lips when it cut to him near the end of the game, clearly said something along the lines of "worst officiated game I have ever seen" and I would have to agree.. The no call samhan hacking sacre and they rush back the other way and get a touch and 1? That 2 block sequence they were showing where Harris got "blocked" by ham sandwich twice was all arm both times... They kept playing it back in slo-mo and it was clear as day and I wanted to jump through my screen and punch Bardo in the face...

Refused to call personals on samhan all night...

Sorry but there is nothing worse than losing to a team that just lives and dies by the 3 like st. mary's does.. They are a bunch of chuckers and unless they shoot lights out aren't going to beat anyone in the tournament..

mnzag24
03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
NO

Screw st. mary's and screw the officials in this game (time to make excuses). Did you read few's lips when it cut to him near the end of the game, clearly said something along the lines of "worst officiated game I have ever seen" and I would have to agree.. The no call samhan hacking sacre and they rush back the other way and get a touch and 1? That 2 block sequence they were showing where Harris got "blocked" by ham sandwich twice was all arm both times... They kept playing it back in slo-mo and it was clear as day and I wanted to jump through my screen and punch Bardo in the face...

Refused to call personals on samhan all night...

agreed. our defense was atrocious but some things they got away with were pathetic. sadly, its par for the course for WCC officials...not just tonight, but all year.

MickMick
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
So what would 3 or 4 different calls do to the outcome of this game?

Give it a break. St. Marys has had this game circled for well over a year after the injustice of being left out last year.

Let them have their moment in the sun and be a good sport about it.

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Sour grapes--you're making us look like sore losers. Why not give credit where it's due? The thread is titled "congrats" after all. They played great tonight. If they play that well in the tourney, they may well win a game or two.

Re-read my post and note opinion please. Sour grapes would be highly evident if that was the point.

U Zig, I Zag
03-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Give it a break. St. Marys has had this game circled for well over a year after the injustice of being left out last year.

There was a lot going on in this game. The biggest being that GU is beat up and needs some healing time.

BUT, it's not just 3 or 4 calls. It's the flow of the game and what the players get from the refs calling the game. Players feed off of that, on both sides of the ball. Are the poor calls the difference in the game? Not all the points, but I guarantee that if game was a little better officiated it wouldn't have gotten to the point spread it was.

Right now, some SMC fans are on their board pointing back to this board and 'poor sports', et al. They said the same things about Gray covering key players like a latex glove last two games.

Congrats to SMC, but I don't have to like it and I definitely don't have to agree with the bad calls.

zagamatic
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
This was easily the worst officiated game I've seen all year! I can't remember how many times we hit the floor with no call or got totally hacked at the rim with no call. Gray got hit in the face! And still no call. If I were Few, I would've taken my team to the locker room with 10 minutes left after telling the officials that I'm not gonna let my guys get hurt because they suck at their job. We are damn lucky no one got hurt in this game! I can handle a percentage of bad/no calls, but not even Duke get's that many calls at HOME

ZagHouse
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Terrible mojo emanating from the fabric. You could sense its disorienting effect on the team, especially Matt.

Saxon_zag
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
All I have to say is, that I am very happy that you are not Mark Few because you would not earn anything close to his recored. If the refs called the game like they did during the regular season, Sacre would have fouled out close to the beginning of the seconds half. As it was, he had a great game. We lost Manny, Boudlin is beat up, Steven is Beat up and SMC played a great game because they had to. They did everything right and gave it all they had. They deserved the win and that is all there is to it.

When your guys are getting punched in the face with no calls what can you even say. The officiating was just atrocious and whether some want to sit on the high horse and win the sportsmanship award or not it was and it may not have changed the outcome but still no excuse for some of the crap that went on out their tonight. One sided

Das Zagger
03-08-2010, 07:28 PM

Good point, not a fricking thing, unless we net 20 points off those calls.

Omar get's T'ed up, we're down 6, and we go on to get crushed.

I'll be interested to see how we come out in the first round, wherever that is. I hope Few holds practice tomorrow and runs this team into the ground.

john montana
03-08-2010, 07:28 PM
No one could watch that game and honestly say the officiating was either good, or balanced. It was horrible. Muggings on one end and ticky tack on the other. Of course the officials impacted the result but no way around the fact that smc handed us our butts. They hit shots and made plays. Congrats to them and I hope they do well in the tourny.

And Bennett is only 4 and 19 against us so how bad can we really feel?

zagitup
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I'll be interested to see how we come out in the first round, wherever that is. I hope Few holds practice tomorrow and runs this team into the ground.

This team is tired and beat up, and Coach knows it.

Rest and get well guys.

Therunner
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Tough to read posts like the one below on the SMC message board, yet congrats to the Gaels. They deserve to be the WCC Champions the way they played tonight. The Zags didn't show up to play, but there are no excuses. Hats off to them.

From Godisagael.com:

SMC should be a higher seed than the Zags and proved it tonight. While I'll admit Bouldin did look hurt(as reported), it was our night and no one, especially not the Zags were going to take the Championship away from us. We matched their intensity and out played them on both sides of the court.

The Zags are predicted to be anywhere from a 5 to a 7 seed in the NCAA Tournament. If that's the case, we should at least be seeded a 7 or higher, imo. The first year in a long time I can say we are Number 1 in the WCC and better than Gonzaga.

MickMick
03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
When your guys are getting punched in the face with no calls what can you even say. The officiating was just atrocious and whether some want to sit on the high horse and win the sportsmanship award or not it was and it may not have changed the outcome but still no excuse for some of the crap that went on out their tonight. One sided

I understand that you may have a bone to pick with the referees, but St. Marys didn't make the calls.....the refs did. With respect to sportsmanship, there comes a time to differentiate between the two.

The Gaels did everything they had to do to win and the way they played in the second half, they would have won if the calls were weighed heavily in Gonzaga's favor. They would have won despite the refs. That is what good teams do.

The reality is that the Zags had it handed to them. St. Marys shot the ball extremely well from the perimeter, executed designed plays very well, and remained poised throughout. The technical foul could have been a turning point for them. They could have become frustrated and lost composure.

They didn't.

Call a spade a spade.

Das Zagger
03-08-2010, 07:55 PM

This team is tired and beat up, and Coach knows it.

Rest and get well guys.

The WCC tourney is setup for the higher seeds to get the bid (see: top two seeds get byes into the semi-finals). We crushed LMU last night and last played Cal State Freaking Bakersfield almost a week ago. I fail to see how this team could possibly be tired.

SMC finished with LMU and Portland, if anyone was "tired," it should have been them.

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2010, 08:00 PM
The WCC tourney is setup for the higher seeds to get the bid (see: top two seeds get byes into the semi-finals). We crushed LMU last night and last played Cal State Freaking Bakersfield almost a week ago. I fail to see how this team could possibly be tired.

SMC finished with LMU and Portland, if anyone was "tired," it should have been them.

Careful DZ, you'll be accused of being a sour grapes kind of guy. ;)

kyle dixon
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Congratulations are in order to St Mary's. You were the better team tonight, with great performances by McConnell and Ben Allen. Good luck the rest of the way.

Did anyone else catch the end of the Gael celebration after the win? Seriously, Steven Bardo? Did you seriously need to jump in there with the Gaels and hug Omar Samhan and celebrate with them? Not so sure about that ESPN.

MickMick
03-08-2010, 08:05 PM

The LMU game was extremely physical. I think it took a lot out of them.

Gaels got hot from the outside. What more can you say? Ben Allen, McConnell, and Page were shooting lights out. Do you drift out of the lane and let Samhan have his way? This is why SMC won 25+ games. This is why they are a tough matchup for anybody.

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
@(*$)$#)#$)$@#*@#%(#@(*@#%*(@$%()#$@*()@#*@#$^%)($&*

TheBeast
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM

I would like to echo these sentiments. Consider them echoed, everyone.

Zag4Hire
03-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I am so mad right now. So mad at the ref's calls. So mad that I knew this would happen after last night's bruiser. So mad that this team is so absolutely exhausted right now. So bad that the last time you face Samhan, he got the better of GU. So mad about the perimeter defense. So mad GU didn't do enough draw and kick when SMC collapsed on the drive. So mad that this team won the regular season crown and that means less than a conference tourney. So mad that this team's best 'win' was a loss to Michigan State--I can't believe how many times I heard this game mentioned throughout the year. So mad that this team came this close to playing in Spokane unless they get favorable treatment like Davidson a few years back. So mad that all the threads listed on this page could have easily been "I love this team", "#4 Seed in Spokane?", "Bouldin WCC Tourney MVP". So mad that the strategy from here on out will be to play this team was outhustled & less aggressive than SMC.

Alright..I am done.

NCAA Tourney starts in a week & a half. Rest up, gear up, watch some film, play hard, & advance. Wherever and whomever. That has always been the motto of the Few era..I don't see why it changes for the NCAA Tourney. Go Zags! I am so proud to be a fan of this team!

john montana
03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Someone suggested smc should be seeded higher than gu? Seriously?

Thomas_Sutpen
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Here's a rant for you: why did Few concede the game with 1:51 left & pull the starters?

Would we have staged a massive comeback? No, probably not, but at least try to make a game out of it. Foul and jack up some 3s. Stranger things have happened. We could have gotten lucky and pulled close enough to make it interesting.

1:51 is a lot of time when you foul five or ten seconds into the shot clock.

I realize that SMC is a good free throw shooting team, and likely would have extended the lead rather than surrender it. But we could have gotten 5 or 6 possessions out of it.

Saxon_zag
03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Someone suggested smc should be seeded higher than gu? Seriously?

I just looked at their board.. They are really at an all time high lol.... Also said this definitively proved that SMC is the best team on the west coast. Adding that smc had 0 bad losses while gu lost to lmu and USF... They don't seem to wanna talk about who they beat that's worth a damn..... Not to mention some troll is riling them up.. rofl

Therunner
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I wish Bouldin and Manny were healthy. It was SMC's night, yet having Boulding 100% and Manny as the recently appointed 6th man would have really would have helped our chances. It hurt to see Bouldin hampered by some sort of lingering issue(presume his back?). He played extremely tough, but could barely jump for rebounds, sprint down the court, take it strong to the rim, or play defense. He was really hurting and I'd like to see him go out full strength.

Once and Future Zag
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Here's a rant for you: why did Few concede the game with 1:51 left & pull the starters?

He didn't want any of them to be sitting next to Arop in street clothes for the next game.

In the moment it sucks, but he's got bigger fish to fry than SMC.

ERRR I mean.

Frak the refs. May their firstborn have the beauty of Dellavadova and have the grace and sweetness of spirit of Omar.

BlueVoodoo07
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Would we have staged a massive comeback? No, probably not, but at least try to make a out of it. Foul and jack up some 3s. Stranger things have happened. We could have gotten lucky and pulled close enough to make it interesting.

1:51 is a lot of time when you foul five or ten seconds into the shot clock.

I realize that SMC is a good free throw shooting team, and likely would have extended the lead rather than surrender it. But we could have gotten 5 or 6 possessions out of it.

Win or lose Few knows we are in the dance, Sorry but with the way we were defending, them shooting and the refs about to go cash in there bet on SMC to win it all. Few doesn't want to get anybody hurt and them not be ready for the dance. Or didn't want Sacre to get suspended for a game if his emotions got the best of him and he punched that micky mouse looking Fatham

Thomas_Sutpen
03-08-2010, 08:36 PM
He didn't want any of them to be sitting next to Arop in street clothes for the next game.

In the moment it sucks, but he's got bigger fish to fry than SMC.

Good answer. Thanks for the perspective.

Let's rest up, get healthy, & win some games.

Das Zagger
03-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Quit reading here.

Maybe because it was already well over at this point? If a comeback was going to happen, it would have happened before then.

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
rant

WHY DOES UW HAVE TO COME UP ON THIS BOARD ALL ALL ALL THE TIME??????????????????

WHY SHOULD I WORRY IF UW IS IN OR NOT IN THE NCAAS?????????????

GU'S IN. THERE IS NO CONCERN OF THEM TAKING GU'S SPOT. FORGET ABOUT THEM.

I'LL CARE IF THEY ARE GU'S FIRST ROUND OPPONENT. THAT'S IT.

rant

Das Zagger
03-08-2010, 08:50 PM
rant

WHY DOES UW HAVE TO COME UP ON THIS BOARD ALL ALL ALL THE TIME??????????????????

WHY SHOULD I WORRY IF UW IS IN OR NOT IN THE NCAAS?????????????

GU'S IN. THERE IS NO CONCERN OF THEM TAKING GU'S SPOT. FORGET ABOUT THEM.

I'LL CARE IF THEY ARE GU'S FIRST ROUND OPPONENT. THAT'S IT.

rant

Lothar, a question, thoughts on UW getting in? 60%?

Thanks in advance.

U Zig, I Zag
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
It seemed out of reach before the 1:51 mark. I am not sure why Few didn't pull more starters and put in GG, GJ and even Hart sooner. Flip the game on its head, let them drive and dish, be overly aggressive on D, etc. Get a little run going, get the crowd back into it and then sneak Matt in and get him an open look, etc.

I am just dumbfounded by the insistence on doing the same thing continually when it's not working.

john montana
03-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I just looked at their board.. They are really at an all time high lol.... Also said this definitively proved that SMC is the best team on the west coast. Adding that smc had 0 bad losses while gu lost to lmu and USF... They don't seem to wanna talk about who they beat that's worth a damn..... Not to mention some troll is riling them up.. rofl

I thought we won 2 out of three this year and the conf title? Pretty sure Randy Bennett is 4 and 19 against gu. Look, they were clearly the better team tonight but I think that is as far as it goes. I know I would like to forget about this game so maybe the smc fan suggesting they be seeded higher has forgotten about every other game this year.

zagking
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Over it. I've enjoyed watching these guys more times than not this season. Looking forward to selection Sunday and then onto the REST of our season.

Naph
03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I just looked at their board.. They are really at an all time high lol.... Not to mention some troll is riling them up.. rofl

A troll who posts like, and seems to have very similar opinions to you in fact.

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I just looked at their board.. They are really at an all time high lol....
When's the last time they won the conf tourney. Of course they're happy. Sometimes really happy people forget about logic.

also, trolls suck. doesn't matter what board they are on.

hooter73
03-08-2010, 09:12 PM

pshh who have they played again? One out of three times they can beat a power team; but they'll never be one. No class and i have little respect for them even if they did earn the win they dont deserve it. its like San Fran or LMU rushing the court, you cant get people to come to your games UNLESS you're playing Gonzaga.

Whatever, its just a game and reality checks will suck when SMU remembers their overall record against GU and when that trend continues for another ten years.

Congrats to SMU for their one win, hard loss for a beat up GU, rest up and get healthy, hope both teams do something in the tourny.

MJ777
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
GodisaGael is clearly delusional!

I hate grapefruit!

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 10:00 PM
A lot of the time in high-major conf tourney's teams that are a lock for the tourney will lose games they shouldn't knowing they are safe. & teams that are bubbly will win several games or even the tourney over the unmotivated teams and become locks.

The end result is the high-major conf gets more teams into the NCAAs than they probably would've if they didn't have the conf tourney & takes a bid, most likely, from a mid-major conf. Oh - almost forgot the most important part, the high-major conf also gets more $ due to more total games played in the tourney.

I think what all of this means is the WCC is no longer a mid-major conf.

sircreate
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Some of you should actually go and read the board and see what was said.

One fan on an emotional high said we should be ranked better then the Zags.

No one agreed with him, in fact a few of us called him out on it and said he was crazy.

There's always a fan here and there who gets ahead of themselves and just says things deep down he knows is not true.

In fact if you read the board theres one Zag fan who comes in and basically says Zags had the game stolen from them by the refs and Zags own SMC and he posts over and over again and the Gael fans are just celebrating and this guy just wants to bring it down.

MJ777
03-08-2010, 10:22 PM

No one agreed with him, in fact a few of us called him out on it and said he was crazy.

There's always a fan here and there who gets ahead of themselves and just says things deep down he knows is not true.

In fact if you read the board theres one Zag fan who comes in and basically says Zags had the game stolen from them by the refs and Zags own SMC and he posts over and over again and the Gael fans are just celebrating and this guy just wants to bring it down.

What is the Zag fan's name? Zagtroll? SirZagalot? Sorry about the troll. Congrats again on the win.

SMC certainly passed the eyeball test tonight while GU........not so much.

sircreate
03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I think he created the account just so no one would know who he is from here..

He's called Rolfstomped under the Toughness thread(something a few of our players not called Omar have struggled with in our last 2 games).

I replied basically to this thread to say dont just judge the Gaels board by the posting of a few.. same with the Zags, I have alot of respect for the majority of Zag fans.. prob is theres so damn many of you guys theres always a few overexcited ones popping up :P

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM

Isn't that how sports message boards work?

One person sees one or a few things (out of a ton of stuff) that he doesn't like on some board and goes running back to his board. He posts his overreaction to what he saw (links optional). Many people then overreact to his overreaction. When someone from the 1st board comes to the other board and sees the overreaction to the overreaction to the minor comments from his board he thinks WTF is wrong with these people. He may even post his thoughts on the 2nd board. But instead of people seeing any logic in the post, they just see where the person came from and start b!tching at them to go back where they came from.

Did I miss anything?

JPtheBeasta
03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
The Gaels did everything they had to do to win and the way they played in the second half, they would have won if the calls were weighed heavily in Gonzaga's favor. They would have won despite the refs. That is what good teams do.

It follows from your statement that you don't think GU is a good team. I've read enough of your posts to assume that is not what you meant to say, but I still respectfully disagree completely with the entire statement. Officiating can very much affect the momentum of a game, and this game was all about momentum. One or two calls can affect the game if they occur at the right time. They can end runs or be the start of runs for the other team. And one run may be all it takes when teams are evenly matched.

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Hopefully nobody out there in the internets (or in real life) is happy about the outcome of the game because GU lost. Being happy because SMC won - that makes sense. The other way around is just sad.

sircreate
03-08-2010, 10:52 PM
If it helps, Zags get in as an at large, taking away a bubble spot, which makes it even harder for Washington to get in

JohnOGU
03-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Rant?

-Play with heart every game (Sacre is the exception tonight)
-Play to your potential and play there all of the time

We are better than SMC at every position but the 5, and tonight even that was arguable. We still got our asses taken to the woodshed.

I always wonder when we will have another Zag with killer instincts...One who has enough confidence to take over games, be the guy that steps up in the clutch, be the guy that wants the ball in the end rather than be the guy that passes him the ball.

This loss was ridiculous.

STEP UP, OR SIT DOWN.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-09-2010, 02:32 AM
[QUOTE=Thomas_Sutpen;547653]Here's a rant for you: why did Few concede the game with 1:51 left & pull the starters?
QUOTE]

Why? The game was over. He's got at least three players who are battling injuries. Concede defeat. Be a good sport about it and prepare for the next couple of games.

kyle dixon
03-09-2010, 05:17 AM
My last rant of the game last night is this. I have tried to attach a piece from John Blanchette's article in today's Spokesman Review. It includes that Omar neglected to not shake Meech's hand in pre game warm ups. Why did Omar not shake hands with Meech prior to the game in pre game introductions? I guess the adage of respect your opponent does not apply to that guy. Oh well. I can honestly say I will not miss seeing that guy ever again...

ZagLawGrad
03-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Radio this morning on the way to work: Bouldin says the Zags lost sight of what they were all about and trying to do this season.....(not an exact quote but words to that effect), and of course that SMC shot well.

You gotta want championship basketball, injured, tired or otherwise. All the time. You just do.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Hopefully nobody out there in the internets (or in real life) is happy about the outcome of the game because GU lost. Being happy because SMC won - that makes sense. The other way around is just sad.

Having the Washington State Cougars, Steelers, Oregon Ducks, or Red Sox lose definitely makes my day. But such is the life of a bitter Seattle Sports Fan

zagitup
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop! Poop!

Ditto. Well, maybe add 3-4 more poops.

Zag79
03-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Radio this morning on the way to work: Bouldin says the Zags lost sight of what they were all about and trying to do this season.....(not an exact quote but words to that effect), and of course that SMC shot well.

You gotta want championship basketball, injured, tired or otherwise. All the time. You just do.

bingo! you could tell that the guys werent playing how they should, no excuses. they need to want it more, and stay hungry. gray said it best when he mentioned how Gonzaga has a tradition to uphold thanks to the guys before this team. get it going and make a run!

lothar98zag
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
rant

Surprised nobody has mentioned the real reason GU lost:

GhostZag didn't pay for woohoo to fly to Vegas. C'mon GZ, open up the wallet for next week & don't let the team down again!

rant

gamagin
03-10-2010, 12:32 PM
in the off-season, just to see if they can force themselves to all pull together at the same time for 40 minutes at a stretch.

In terms of production it can sometimes seem like we're watching the keystone kops and wondering which guy is going to make the actual arrest.
If any.

End 'O rant

bigblahla
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
3-7 with one tourney championship. This victory, according to him establishes his legacy at SMC, however, that was established as a freshman with a one finger salute.

Celebrate Gaels as next year you'll be lucky to finish fourth in conference. Don't look for the SD Johnsons to be your saviors we'll own you in the paint like never before. Bank on it.

Go!! Zags!!!

sircreate
03-10-2010, 12:59 PM
SMC has Kenton Walker.. a transfer from Creighton elligible to play next year.. he was expected to be there starting centre this season before he shocked them all and transferred back home.

Plus the Gaels are in the running(in the final 2-3 now, he's friends with the aussie kids, I hear even Kentucky was even showing interest) to sign a 7ft from NZ that Jamie Dixon called the best centre in this years recruiting class after seeing him play at the u19's in NZ.

So yeah,.. who know's :p maybe we'll own the paint yet again.