PDA

View Full Version : Why I like Samhan

GrizZAG
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
While I'm all Zag to the core, I like OS for one reason. He has the hard to find drive to win that goes beyond the norm. Arguably Jordan was not the best athlete in pro ball, but his will and drive to win was incomparable, period.
Frankly Ammo had it too and that was his greatness here. Separate your emotions and see Samhan objectively and he just is driven, period. Give the guy that and respect it.
Yeah, the antics are very annoying but he is about killer instinct which I wish a few of our bigs had.

I hope Mark has found a solution to guarding him better inside than we did down there in the second half and at the same time make sure we are D all over the perimeter.
Go Zags...Win this please.

hondo
02-10-2010, 08:17 AM
OS has tremendous soft touch around the iron, the body to play in the paint and very good hands. Plus he can hit his FTs. As Mark Few said he is the best big man west of the Mississippi.

former1dog
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
If he were a Zag, we would all love him. Alas, he is a Gael.... so most here hate him.

I respect his game a lot.

primal23
02-10-2010, 08:33 AM
He is a hell of a player, and I wouldn't having him on our team.

LMUZAG
02-10-2010, 08:45 AM
...and I want him to have a horrible, terrible, weak, embarrasing, devastating, manhood robbing, unforgettable, confidence robbing game on Thursday.

stevet75
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
He makes a great villain, and any good rivalry needs a villain. Hats off to Samhan for playing the part so well.
He is an excellent ball player, so maybe I like him for two reasons.
I suspect Samhan wouldn't even like it, if he knew we were saying nice things about him.

Kiddwell
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Omar Samhan can play. He doesn't score 31 points on the Zags without being a quality b-baller. It'll be very interesting to see how Omar & Co. do on Thursday.

In the game of life, Kiddwell wishes Omar blessings and happiness. In the game of basketball, Kiddwell wishes Omar and his Gaels a Big Dance seed and Sweet Sixteen success.

Kiddwell will miss Omar next year. He's a competitor (and way too much fun to pick on). :)

:]

lothar98zag
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
He doesn't score 31 points on the Zags without being a quality b-baller.
Are you kidding? The Zags let all kinds of players score 30+ pts against them...

:fingergun:

Kiddwell
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Are you kidding? The Zags let all kinds of players score 30+ pts against them...

:fingergun:

Kiddwell is being kinder, gentler. <It's hard.> The glass is half full. :)

:]

Zagsker
02-10-2010, 12:21 PM
bleh....Omar is not the type of guy I want on my team..I can appreciate hardwork...but hardwork with a d-bag attitude is not my cup of tea

JohnOGU
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
There are zero reasons that I like Omar Samhan. Zero.

Zaghawk shock
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
There are zero reasons that I like Omar Samhan. Zero.

Thank you to the last two posts. The warm fuzzys were starting to make me feel nauseous.
beat the big man down.

Ezag
02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Good player? Yes. Do I like him? No! Can't ever look past the F.U. he gave to the Kennel Club in his first game in our house! Nope! Never!

Do I think Rob can handle him? Nope! He is a handful

Xin Loi 67
02-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Good player? Yes. Do I like him? No! Can't ever look past the F.U. he gave to the Kennel Club in his first game in our house! Nope! Never!

Do I think Rob can handle him? Nope! He is a handful

Will would kill him. :lmao:

GrizZAG
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok, I started this thing and do admit I hope he has a crappy night. I also hope those three shooters are a half bubble off too.
Rightfully we should hold his disgusting behavior in disdain and that simply is well below anything a Zag would be allowed to do.
One thing about the Zag team and Few & Co. CLASSY and that we can be very proud of.

gamagin
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd be glad to join you sometime after we have kicked this fellow's arse up and down the court Thursday for 40 minutes. I don't want him to hit his averages. I want him to go scoreless.

I want him to foul out in frustration. Early. I want the KC to ride him like a rented mule.

Right now it's sorta making me sick to have kind thoughts about the guy I'm hoping gets shut out, brought to tears, stuffed over and basically, dominated by our rejuvinated, motivated, focused bigs.

Between games, well, that's different. But this is right on the cusp of our next battle. Thanks.

SLOZag
02-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Rivals just posted this story about the love object of this thread:

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1050890

Its got a few zingers in it that I hadn't heard before. Here are a few examples:

"In a dispute with a teammate over whose California high school team had been better, Samhan argued it was his at San Ramon Valley since it won a state title. Bennett had to intervene, "reminding" Samhan his team didn't even reach the state championship game.

Samhan bragged to teammates that his grandfather had won a national championship at Oregon. Ahem. Bennett checked the record books and found that Samhan's grandfather played at Oregon State, but at least he did reach the Final Four.

After working out with the Miami Heat's Jermaine O'Neal, Samhan told teammates he scored 20 points on O'Neal. It was closer to 10 points, if that."

... and my favorite:

"As a redshirt freshman, Samhan struggled to keep up with the speed of the game because of his weight. In the final minutes of games, Samhan used to dread the opponents' frontcourt players handling the ball. "You're hoping he doesn't catch the ball, you're so tired," Samhan said. "If he makes a post move, I might fall down. There were times in my career when I was fouling just to get to the media timeout." "

What a classy guy!