PDA

View Full Version : Zags Powerball 6 Numbers

UberZagFan
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
For those of you in the Sea, Tac, or Spo regions you may have heard the morning sports radio show going through a little exercise of listing the top 6 numbers from each "main" sports team to be used as Powerball numbers now that WA is allowing sales for that lottery. They listed the numbers that mean the most to fans or were fan favorites and not necessarily just the top 6 best players. For instance, A-Roid's number 3 did not make the Ms list but Wilson's number 6 did (Uber thinks his did).

They came up with numbers from the Ms, Seahawks, Sonics (?), UW and WSU--of course the UW flagship station left out GU. Uber thought it would be cool to discuss GU's top 6 numbers.

Here's Uber's:

Top 6:

12 Stockton
44 Burgess
3 Morrison
1 Turiaf
15 Bouldin
31 Calvary

First two out:
21 Dickau
34 Brown

So there you have Uber's Powerball numbers for the week. What's yours?

realtydog
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
might want to look at those Hall Of Fame football zags---also bring Ching in--

GoZags
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I would have to include AP *Top 5* All American and Kodak *Top 5* Academic All American Dan Dickau. I'd also add Tony Canadeo (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PLAYER_ID=41) at the expense of Matt and Casey.

gamagin
02-09-2010, 03:53 PM
401k plan.

It involves our days of birth & those of our children, then a birthday of a grand child or two to fill out the "winning" ticket.

Winning is just a matter of time, she says. I agree. It's just a matter of infinity, I say.

rawkmandale
02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Did boxer's have numbers? Probably not. Carl Maxey might have warranted this list.

By the way, "6" did not make the Mitch in the Morning list (that show can be heard on 1510 AM in Spokane during morning drive time).

If I remember correctly, the (Seattle-centric) numbers were 8, 10, 11, 20, 51 and the Powerball was 24.

zaggernaut
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
For those of you in the Sea, Tac, or Spo regions you may have heard the morning sports radio show going through a little exercise of listing the top 6 numbers from each "main" sports team to be used as Powerball numbers now that WA is allowing sales for that lottery. They listed the numbers that mean the most to fans or were fan favorites and not necessarily just the top 6 best players. For instance, A-Roid's number 3 did not make the Ms list but Wilson's number 6 did (Uber thinks his did).

They came up with numbers from the Ms, Seahawks, Sonics (?), UW and WSU--of course the UW flagship station left out GU. Uber thought it would be cool to discuss GU's top 6 numbers.

Here's Uber's:

Top 6:

12 Stockton
44 Burgess
3 Morrison
1 Turiaf
15 Bouldin
31 Calvary

First two out:
21 Dickau
34 Brown

So there you have Uber's Powerball numbers for the week. What's yours?

I like your list for the most part but find it hard to not include Santangelo in your top 8. I think he is 4th in scoring and all-time career assist leader of a program that has had its share of good guards come through.

If we just stuck with basketball, I like

12 - Stockton
3 - Morrison
21 - Dickau
13 - Santangelo
31 - Calvary
44 - Burgess

Turiaf (1) and Bouldin (15) just on the outside. Season is not over and I'd love for Bouldin to move up into the top 6.

UberZagFan
02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
might want to look at those Hall Of Fame football zags---also bring Ching in--

I would have to include AP *Top 5* All American and Kodak *Top 5* Academic All American Dan Dickau. I'd also add Tony Canadeo (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PLAYER_ID=41) at the expense of Matt and Casey.

As for the football numbers, Uber just doesn't know what those numbers are so not much meaning to him even though he knows of some of the players. But he looked it up and Canadeo was 3 so we can go with

3 Canadeo / Morrison

Which gives it more "meaning" so maybe that can be the Powerball number.

UberZagFan
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Also, as for Ching (and Uber would add Jason Bay to this group), in Uber's opinion if you don't know the number of the player and associate that number to the player, then it just is not the same.

It's like everyone associates 23 with Jordan. If you have to go research what number the player wore, then it's just not a good fit.

UberZagFan
02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
If I remember correctly, the (Seattle-centric) numbers were 8, 10, 11, 20, 51 and the Powerball was 24.

Actually those were the overall picks for all Seattle sports, just the Ms were

6 - Wilson
11 - Edgar
14 - Pinella
19 - Bone
24 - Junior
51 - Randy / Ichiro

rawkmandale
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, and one of the guys vehemently argued for Alvis Davis' number, and I have to agree - Alvin HAS to be in the Top 6 Mariners, behind only Griffey and Martinez (well, maybe behind the double meaning of 51 also).

sullyzag66
02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
401k plan.

It involves our days of birth & those of our children, then a birthday of a grand child or two to fill out the "winning" ticket.

Winning is just a matter of time, she says. I agree. It's just a matter of infinity, I say.
Also described as a voluntary tax on stupidity. I'm happy to do my share.