PDA

View Full Version : --Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU-- UPDATE: Complete

gozagswoohoo
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
If you wanna keep track of me during my trip, this thread is the place to be. I was trying to think of the best method of posting pictures and descriptions of my trip, and this blog seemed like the easiest. With it, I will be able to send text messages and pictures (also via text) to a special phone number, and it will automatically post it to this blog. So, throughout my trip, I will post random thoughts and pictures at many times during the day. Seems like it will work pretty well. I can also take video from my cell now, so I'll stop by this thread and post links directly to the video on YouTube (my phone also lets me take video, and instantly put it on YouTube...crazy, huh).

So...stick with this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gonzaga is a university like no other. I've always people talk like that, but over these last few years, I've seen proof of it. The generosity of some of you guys is unheard of. This story is even further proof of that.

I really felt compelled to tell everyone what exactly has taken place with this trip...it's pretty amazing, to say the least. About 6 weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a poster on this board (we're going to keep him or her anonymous, but we are going to refer to them as Ghostzag), asking if it was true that I'd never been to a game in the MAC. Ghostzag then told me they'd followed my posts and things over the last few years, and said they thought it would be cool to make my dream come true. Ghostzag then offered to provide me and a friend, roundtrip airfare to and from Spokane, and also provide tickets to the St. Mary's game. At first...I thought surely it was some kind of joke, really mean hoax, etc. But...it wasn't. After many, many e-mails with Ghostzag....it's actually happening. This poster has already booked and sent me and my bro our flight itenerary for the trip, and as most of you know, I'll be arriving at the Spokane airport this Wednesday night, and flying back home Sunday morning. Have you EVER heard of anyone doing something like this?? I thought it was only in movies, haha. And I never thought anything so amazing like this would happen to me. Ghostzag, I know you're reading this, and I know I've told you this 1000 times already, but thank you. You will never really know what this trip means to me.

So, flights are booked, we needed to find some tickets! W searched and searched for tickets to St. Marys, and it seemed there NONE for sale. I made a request on the forum for some game tickets, and within 24 hours, there were 5 different people from this board offering me free tickets (that were selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay!!) to this game.

First off, thank you to everyone who sent those ticket offers to me. I won't give any of their names out, for fear that they'll be blasted with 30 PM's about game tickets :-). But thank you guys, really. Also, I had 3 or 4 PM's from posters offering me a place to stay at their home!!! That's just incredible. (The word I use to describe it is incredible, the word my WIFE used to describe it...is 'wierd', but she just doesn't understand, haha!)

Also, over the last few years, there have been probably 5 different people from this board (again, don't want to list their names, but if you want to speak up and say who you are, feel free!) who have sent me random zags items, for no reason. I have literally received hundreds of dollars worth of zags memorabilia and autographs....just because, and many times just out of the blue! When I look around my zags room...I have probably only purchased or obtained HALF of the items in their myself. The rest were given to me. You guys will never know what that means to me. This would all be different if it was just one person that sent me an item one time...but I've received multiple packages from half a dozen people, just at random times!! That says something about Gonzaga. Everyone always says that the players are 'different', and they are 'zag material'. But I think the fans are different too. I first became a die-hard zags fan because of the generosity of the first zags fan I ever met, but that's a whole other story...

Also, and I can say his name because he's been posting about it, but El Voce sent me a PM out of the blue, offering to drive me all around Spokane and the surrounding area, giving me a personal tour of the campus and any other thing I wanted to see. I never even asked or posted about this, he just offered...

So...sorry to be so long winded, but I just wanted everyone know how special this university is, and how much it means to me. And I'm not just saying that because you guys have sent me free stuff. I also received dozens of PM's when my mother was in the hospital, dozens of messages when my son was born, dozens of messages when I was stressing about a job change...just to name a few of the instances.

Thank you to all of you guys. But ESPECIALLY to Ghostzag, for making my dream come true. I KNOW for a fact, that I'll be telling my grandkids about this trip. It WILL be one of the highlights of my life. I just hope I can slow down long enough to take it all in this week.

And thank you to any of you guys that have ever gotten an autograph for me, or sent me a t-shirt or towel in the mail, ticket stubs, or sent me any other zag item. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

When I try to describe to friends and family how and why I'm getting to go on this trip, I get some really odd looks. It's really hard to explain to them, but I feel like I REALLY do have some really good, genuine friends on this forum. And I'm really excited to meet you guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! So, now that I have made what feels like a Grammy acceptance speech, haha, let me give you this blog link.

As the title of the thread says, my blog is called "Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU" (I will have to credit that to Ghostzag, she....or he.... :-) ....thought of that.

The newest posts will always be at the top. You can also leave comments on anything I post. As soon as I take my first YouTube video, I'll come back to this thread, and link you to that, so stay tuned.

---Tales of Woohoo, LIVE from GU Blog--- (http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com/)

gozagswoohoo
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Hahaha...minutes after I finish this post, I get an e-mail from one of the officers of the Kennel Club...he said that he has heard about me from many members of this board, as well as a few alumni, and asked what size T-shirt I wear, and said he will do his best to get me on the floor for introductions and such.

I joked with Ghostzag, IF this kennel club member is gracious enough to get me down on the floor for introductions, I will probably pass out, then have to be taken off the floor on a stretcher and taken to the hospital...and miss the entire game. Dear God...please don't let that happen. Haha

TheZagPhish
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Enjoy every minute, woohoo! You've put a smile on many faces in this online community; nice to see it come back around for you. I'm really happy for you.

See ya in a couple of days!

GoZAGsMang
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
U got to love the Zags

Have a great time in town and

GoZAGsMang

El Voce
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Hahaha...minutes after I finish this post, I get an e-mail from one of the officers of the Kennel Club...he said that he has heard about me from many members of this board, as well as a few alumni, and asked what size T-shirt I wear, and said he will do his best to get me on the floor for introductions and such.

I joked with Ghostzag, IF this kennel club member is gracious enough to get me down on the floor for introductions, I will probably pass out, then have to be taken off the floor on a stretcher and taken to the hospital...and miss the entire game. Dear God...please don't let that happen. Haha

WooHoo - That is great news! You SO belong in row 1 on the floor, and on the floor for the player intros!

GhostZag and the folks who offered you tickets are truly awesome! I offered to drive you around because I was pretty much sure you would have done the same for me if I was visiting St. Louis. I will have as much fun, or more, showing you around as you guys have seeing the sights. We Zag alums are proud of our school and proud of our community. It is a pleasure to share that with you guys.

mee755
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh, man, Woohoo! How awesome for you. You found a sugar momma or sugar daddy! Hey, in these times, I won't judge! j/k

I'm so excited to see what you think of my hometown...to see it through the eyes of Woohoo! Have a safe trip & update often! I love seeing pics of home.

kdaleb
02-08-2010, 06:01 PM
very happy for you woohoo. I (and many others, I'm sure) will live vicariously through you this week. Have a triple blast for all of us who are unlikely to ever watch a game in the Kennel ourselves.

A month back, you were in that group with us... now you are getting ready for the VIP treatment... nothing more than your just desserts for all the joy and fun you've brought to the Gonzaga community on these message boards.

:)

RenoZag
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
WooHoo:

El Voce won't steer you wrong. And if Hondo offers to take you uptown, don't be a putz like I was, go for it.

Wishing you a great memorable experience in Spokane ,

Reno

LynetteG
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Can't wait to meet you Woo! BTW, the 'this way to a woohoo moment' sign is gone. Seems the man bought that bank and now there's all new signage. Sorry about that.

abarefootboy
02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
............... with all the trimmings.

MedZag
02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Enjoy every minute, woohoo! You've put a smile on many faces in this online community; nice to see it come back around for you. I'm really happy for you.

Seconded.

Psychozag
02-08-2010, 10:08 PM
This trip is awesome. I have been waiting for you to actually get to see the Zags live and hear about the trip ever since you first started posting (I remember when you first started posting; you were really weird). But you proved yourself to be a true diehard fan over time. The thing I find so amazing is that you have no connection to Gonzaga or the Spokane community, but still follow the Zags with a passion. And for me, this validates my belief that there is something appealing about the Zags beyond living in Spokane or being alumni. The Zags are the Cinderella that crashed the big boy's party, and kept on doing it despite everybody's belief that this is the year that they will go away. Still hasn't happened. It's the true underdog story. And now you get the red carpet rolled out to welcome you as if you've been away. I really hope you do have the time of your life, and that the thing you've built up in your mind fits the reality of it. I think for a hardcore fan such as yourself, that won't be too difficult.

You seem like a really cool guy and I would love to meet you, but unfortunately I am going to be in Vancouver for the Olympics (did I just say that?). My wife is a Wash U grad, so we are in St. Louis all of the time. Maybe that's where we will have to meet up for a beer.

Make many nasty comments about Samhan's breast size, and I hope you get to see two Zags victories.

d2zag
02-08-2010, 11:22 PM
That is truly amazing! I'm so glad to be a part of a university that is so special.

zagking
02-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Have a great trip! Props to ghostzag

23dpg
02-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Woohoo, that is just freaking awesome. Is it ok that I'm just a tiny bit jealous?

Also, I expect at least a 7.3% increase in crowd enthusiasm just due to your presence.

Go Zags!

gozagswoohoo
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
This trip is awesome. I have been waiting for you to actually get to see the Zags live and hear about the trip ever since you first started posting (I remember when you first started posting; you were really weird). But you proved yourself to be a true diehard fan over time. The thing I find so amazing is that you have no connection to Gonzaga or the Spokane community, but still follow the Zags with a passion. And for me, this validates my belief that there is something appealing about the Zags beyond living in Spokane or being alumni. The Zags are the Cinderella that crashed the big boy's party, and kept on doing it despite everybody's belief that this is the year that they will go away. Still hasn't happened. It's the true underdog story. And now you get the red carpet rolled out to welcome you as if you've been away. I really hope you do have the time of your life, and that the thing you've built up in your mind fits the reality of it. I think for a hardcore fan such as yourself, that won't be too difficult.

You seem like a really cool guy and I would love to meet you, but unfortunately I am going to be in Vancouver for the Olympics (did I just say that?). My wife is a Wash U grad, so we are in St. Louis all of the time. Maybe that's where we will have to meet up for a beer.

Make many nasty comments about Samhan's breast size, and I hope you get to see two Zags victories.

Hahaha, I actually commented on this the other day. And let me know next time you're in the StL, maybe we can catch a Cardinals game or something, if you haven't been to the new Busch Stadium, ya gotta see it. Beautiful.

23dpg- Wow...I had figured on an increase of around 6.4%....but I guess I've got a little more work to do!

former1dog
02-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Hahaha, I actually commented on this the other day. And let me know next time you're in the StL, maybe we can catch a Cardinals game or something, if you haven't been to the new Busch Stadium, ya gotta see it. Beautiful.

23dpg- Wow...I had figured on an increase of around 6.4%....but I guess I've got a little more work to do!

Have you considered crowd surfing?

Proudzagmom
02-09-2010, 07:48 AM
WooHoo I'm so excited for you. I was REALLY looking forward to meeting you, but I can't take the time off from work. Apparently my boss didn't get the memo that you were a big deal. I know you're going to enjoy every minute of your time in Spokane. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Zagpower
02-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Did someone say Cardinals game?

I've been a huge Card fan since the days of Gibson, Brock, Torre through the Vince Coleman, ET McGhee, Jack Clark, Tom Herr era gang to the new crop with Pujols, Ludwig, Rasmus.

That's one thing on my Bucket List...see a game at Busch Stadium.

Looks like I may have a tour guide if I ever make it to StL.:D

gamagin
02-09-2010, 07:59 AM
WooHoo:

El Voce won't steer you wrong. And if Hondo offers to take you uptown, don't be a putz like I was, go for it.

Wishing you a great memorable experience in Spokane ,

Reno

He was last spotted going 120 mph in the eastbound lane of I90, heading towards Idaho-Montana in his new Prius. What a jokester. Claimed he couldn't stop . . . but he was also getting great mileage !

Lurknomore
02-09-2010, 10:11 AM
WooHoo I am so excited for you, not sure if I will be able to make it to David's but I may at least be able to get a glimpse of you on TV at the game. You will have the best time, I was able to see the Zags for the first time in the Kennel this year also. I had a GhostZag too! I felt like I won the lottery-still do. It was just amazing. Have a wondeful time in Spokane.

bigblahla
02-09-2010, 11:59 AM
After the game on Thursday hit "The Star" on Hamilton next to the Bulldog for a victory beverage and a GU experience of a different kind.

Go!! Zags!!!

outrunu
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Did someone say Cardinals game?

I've been a huge Card fan since the days of Gibson, Brock, Torre through the Vince Coleman, ET McGhee, Jack Clark, Tom Herr era gang to the new crop with Pujols, Ludwig, Rasmus.

That's one thing on my Bucket List...see a game at Busch Stadium.

Looks like I may have a tour guide if I ever make it to StL.:D

WooHoo is correct in that Busch III is a great place for a game. I was there for the first time last year, and am going again this year. My GF bought us commisioner's box seats for one of the Mariners game, which allow us onto the field for BP and pregame, as WooHoo would say is PMTA. Anyway if you get the chance, go.

Also, WooHoo we'll have to meet up in June for a cocktail.

gozagswoohoo
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Also, WooHoo we'll have to meet up in June for a cocktail.

For sure! Just let me know when and where, I'll be there.

MJ777
02-09-2010, 01:49 PM
WooHoo I am so excited for you, not sure if I will be able to make it to David's but I may at least be able to get a glimpse of you on TV at the game. You will have the best time, I was able to see the Zags for the first time in the Kennel this year also. I had a GhostZag too! I felt like I won the lottery-still do. It was just amazing. Have a wondeful time in Spokane.

Maybe Bardo and Gannon will interview WooHoo at halftime.
Have a great time WooHoo. I always enjoy reading your posts. I also do not have a direct connection to GU as an alumni, and I don't live in Spokane. I'm not even Catholic. I have seen the Zags 3 times in Socal in recent years so that is good.

I followed GU in print when Stockton played, and then I followed the John Rillie team when they made it on ESPN during tournament play. My real connection to the Zags began with the Vancouver, WA area Zags; Frahm (Battle Ground HS) and Santagelo (Portland). When they made the run to the EE in 99 I was hooked. Vancouver, WA area players Gourde (Prairie HS), Dickau (Prairie HS) and Raivio (Mt View HS) followed and strengthened my connection. Today, Vancouver BC Zags stock the roster.

I tried going to the GU-UP games at the Chiles Center in 00 and 01 when I lived in Vancouver, but I did not plan ahead and the games were sold out on game day.

WooHoo you are living the dream. Soak it all in at Jack and Dans and at David's and especially at the Kennel. And don't forget to set your watch back an hour, or is it two? :D

Colbyspapa
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I bet this doesn't happen on Dawgman!

Psychozag
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I bet this doesn't happen on Dawgman!

What kind of sick individual would become a fan of the Huskies based on reputation and what's seen on TV alone? And if you are a fan of Seattle basketball, watch the Sonics...oops, you can't.

willandi
02-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Woohoo!!!

I'll look for you on the tube!! Even though I live close, have never had the opportunity to see the Zags live. I am a Cardinals fan though, saw my first MLB game in St. Louis in 1954, with Stan The Man playing. Even though I'm a righty, I copied his swing et al, but never could learn to play harmonica. Would love to see the new Busch stadium, but again, like you have had job travails this last year. I ended up opening my own business this last December, so I will be tied up for many years.

Enjoy your stay here in Spokane, and The Fairways Golf Course is open on permanent greens, if you feel a need to hit a little ball. They also are having cheap night skiing, with 2 cans of fruit, at 49 North, in Chewelah, after 3 PM (west coast time).:) :) :)

jim77
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm thinking we'll need some "Action Video" of this trip. A "Woohoo Cam" would be sweet! We could all just watch the trip live Via the net....That woud be really neat. I'm thinking the interview by Heister and Ehlo is a must...someone needs to pull some strings. Speaking of strings...Hopefully I'll be able to spot Woohoo in the middle of the kennel club....then again who could "miss" the gold flaked "Buttery smooth" G-String precariously perched 4 inches ABOVE the pants line!.....Congrats Woohoo! GO ZAGS!

El Voce
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Hopefully, we will get travel updates today. I would assume that WooHoo will have a layover in Denver or SLC, and update us from there.

RenoZag
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
The eastern US weather has caused a domino -effect of flight cancellations with many carriers. . .hope WooHoo doesn't get caught up in that chaos.

NotoriousZ
02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Have an awesome trip WooHoo, but look out for this guy:
https://www.nmnathletics.com/pics/200/TW/TWHAQEOUTEBGNBF.20091008012855.jpg
I think he's got a crush on you!

Edit: Uh oh, Valentine's Day is coming...

MJ777
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Is there a link to a WooHoo tracker?

zagzealot
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Dear God,
Please tell me that isn't a golf shirt for the trip in the papasan.
Love,
zz

http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com/

lothar98zag
02-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Dear God,
Please tell me that isn't a golf shirt for the trip in the papasan.
Love,
zz

Of course not. That shirt is too dull for woohoo.

GhostZag
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey Woohoo fans – here is their flight schedule today:
Woohoo is scheduled to depart MO at 4:30pm this afternoon ~ into SLC at 6:53pm - 58 minute layover… Departs SLC at 7:51pm ~ arriving in Spo, WA at 8:40pm this evening - Flight: #DL4442 (Delta/SkyWest) I checked his outbound flight from MO, and the plane is showing “on time” with respect to arriving in MO for his departure. Those of you planning on meeting him at the airport this eve can check the status of his flight using the Delta flight number above. From what I see, the east coast weather hazard will not affect his flight pattern. He will be flying for 6 hours and 10 minutes, with about an hour layover in SLC. I hope his bro can take it, as he is like 6’8” and I could not get exit row seats for him. I hope Woohoo makes his flights on time, as we all know he is challenged in that area. :confused: That is why “I” made his flight reservations …:D

GhostZag

lothar98zag
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey Woohoo fans – here is their flight schedule today:
Woohoo is scheduled to depart MO at 4:30pm this afternoon ~ into SLC at 6:53pm - 58 minute layover… Departs SLC at 7:51pm ~ arriving in Spo, WA at 8:40pm this evening - Flight: #DL4442 (Delta/SkyWest) I checked his outbound flight from MO, and the plane is showing “on time” with respect to arriving in MO for his departure. Those of you planning on meeting him at the airport this eve can check the status of his flight using the Delta flight number above. From what I see, the east coast weather hazard will not affect his flight pattern. He will be flying for 6 hours and 10 minutes, with about an hour layover in SLC. I hope his bro can take it, as he is like 6’8” and I could not get exit row seats for him. I hope Woohoo makes his flights on time, as we all know he is challenged in that area. :confused: That is why “I” made his flight reservations …:D

GhostZag
welcome! :clap:

:allhail:

sonuvazag
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
ghostzag is real!!!!:eek:

GhostZag
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Per a email rec'd just now: "On the plane now!! Went nice and easy!

Phone has to be turned off now, but I'll check back in when we get to Salt Lake City! Talk to you soon"… Woohoo

Follow Woohoo on his blog: http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com/

DADoZAG
02-10-2010, 01:57 PM
…Ghostzag then offered to provide me and a friend, roundtrip airfare to and from Spokane, and also provide tickets to the St. Mary's game.

I hope Woohoo makes his flights on time, as we all know he is challenged in that area. :confused: That is why “I” made his flight reservations …:D

GhostZag

Looks like GhostZag is not only generous, but smart as well…

Thanx, GhostZag, for giving so much to one who has given joy to all ZAG fans!

Go ZAGS!

former1dog
02-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Per a email rec'd just now: "On the plane now!! Went nice and easy!

Phone has to be turned off now, but I'll check back in when we get to Salt Lake City! Talk to you soon"… Woohoo

Follow Woohoo on his blog: http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com/

No way I'll be able to get out to say hello to Woo Hoo at the SLC airport, but here's a cyber hello from me any how.

gozagswoohoo
02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for all the messages, and thanks for keeping everyone updated Ghostzag. I'm just chillin here lookin out the window (got a window seat, woohoo!).

On a sidenote, my advice for the day is if you're on a plane, waiting in line for the restroom, and the person in front of you doesn't come out for 10 minutes, I would advise you to return to your seat to let the restroom....recover.

PS- if you didn't see the note in my blog, I'm connected to the wi-fi on the plane right now!! It's fun being on 'the internets' while up in the sky.

El Voce
02-10-2010, 03:21 PM
WooHoo - Check out the FOO poll.:)

zagtastic_voyage
02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
The pre-game Zombie Nation is probably one of the most impressive things that you will ever see. Not that I'm biased or anything...

I'll be in the thick of things but enjoy your first Gonzaga basketball game; it was one of the best events of my life.

Enjoy your time in Spokane and the basketball game! This community is something else man... :D

GU69
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
This whole Woohoo story should be prominently featured in the "Second Decade of Excellence" or "Further Tales from the Gonzaga Hardwood."

Zagguy
02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
+1
and I nominate Gamigin as the Ghost Writer for this epic tome.

LynetteG
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
woohoo, you're almost here! WELCOME and see you tomorrow!

you can track yourself at www.flightview.com

Zagsker
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
it is going to be awesome when everyone finds out that "Woohoo" is actually a 9 year old kid who used his dads credit card to book a flight to Spokane to find this chick that mailed Woohoo's dad after she heard him on a nationally broadcast radio show, where he was talking about the loneliness of being a single father

wait...I'm thinking of "Sleepless in Seattle"

LynetteG
02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
it is going to be awesome when everyone finds out that "Woohoo" is actually a 9 year old kid
i'm not thinking so!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jxdl6vX9UuE/S3OM-rRIDAI/AAAAAAAAADM/808baW0OQ34/s320/bm-image-730547.jpe

Zagineer
02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Let's see, LynetteG. You posted at 9:10 pm. It's now 10:41 pm.

I suppose WooHoo is now enjoying a brew at Jack and Dans, or The Bulldog. What you all think?

GUinSTL
02-11-2010, 06:11 AM
i know my dad picked them up at the airport. i'm pretty sure they were wiped out from travelling all day. Plus, woohoo hasn't slept in days because of his excitement level. i think they were going to crack open a Kokanee in the confines of our humble abode, and get ready to rest up for the weekend full of adventures.
~B

Ziggy
02-11-2010, 07:05 AM
The foo is descending on Spokane, will it survive? Here I come (3.5 hrs out) in my old rattle trap chitty chitty bang bang Grand Caravan (better milage than the Big 8-cyl Chevy). Wish me luck! :)

TheZagPhish
02-11-2010, 07:11 AM
The foo is descending on Spokane, will it survive? Here I come (3.5 hrs out) in my old rattle trap chitty chitty bang bang Grand Caravan (better milage than the Big 8-cyl Chevy). Wish me luck! :)

Safe travels, Ziggy.

I hope someone warned the mayor about all this...

Pargo the Destroyer
02-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Woohoo!!!

I'll look for you on the tube!! Even though I live close, have never had the opportunity to see the Zags live. I am a Cardinals fan though, saw my first MLB game in St. Louis in 1954, with Stan The Man playing. Even though I'm a righty, I copied his swing et al, but never could learn to play harmonica. Would love to see the new Busch stadium, but again, like you have had job travails this last year. I ended up opening my own business this last December, so I will be tied up for many years.

Enjoy your stay here in Spokane, and The Fairways Golf Course is open on permanent greens, if you feel a need to hit a little ball. They also are having cheap night skiing, with 2 cans of fruit, at 49 North, in Chewelah, after 3 PM (west coast time).:) :) :)

Funny you mention that will.......we have a tentative plan to golf there tomorrow at noon......open invitation........mother nature permittiing...

former1dog
02-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Safe travels, Ziggy.

I hope someone warned the mayor about all this...

Has the National Guard been called out?

gamagin
02-11-2010, 07:30 AM
wake UP ! !

You are in the never center of the GU Nation and we NEED to gather our karma, and you are now part of it all, to BEAT SMC tonight !

So fold up the rubber sheet, throw it in the wash, and hop to !

Ziggy is on his way to town all the way from Newport (news, va ? Newport beach, Ca ? --- no, no) Washington. And Highway 2 can be dangerous.

So rise and shine !

p.s. Welcome to Spokane. You're in for real treat.

best regards,

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 07:43 AM
he's awake gamagin, he posted this on his blog

The Early Bird Gets The Worm

Ya know, there's a saying that my hang-gliding instructor used to always say, "The early bird gets the worm". Well.....okay, I didn't really have a hang-gliding instructor, I was just trying to sound awesome. But, if that saying is true, it looks like I will be getting all the worms today because I've been WIDE awake since 5:30am Spokane time...this 2 hour time change is messing with me! Haha. I'm also convinced that my 16 month old son is back home, laughing that cute little laugh of his right now since he has trained me so well that I've now got a built-in alarm clock in my head that makes it impossible to sleep in.

Oh, and it also doesn't help that it sounds like I'm sleeping in the same room with a 6'8 hibernating bear that has a mixture of chronic snoring and sleep apnea.

NotoriousZ
02-11-2010, 07:51 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jxdl6vX9UuE/S3OM-rRIDAI/AAAAAAAAADM/808baW0OQ34/s320/bm-image-730547.jpe

Welcome indeed! Here's to hoping this trip is capped by a couple of
ZAG WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 10:00 AM
He posted this in his blog, sitting in tent #1

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jxdl6vX9UuE/S3RTfPiHiDI/AAAAAAAAAD8/E_9HP4yGDNQ/s320/bm-image-748758.jpe

btw, his blog is here: http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com

jbslicer
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Very cool. I'm impressed. Welcome WooHoo.

former1dog
02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I must say El Voce is looking fit and trim.

You been working out?
:)

mendiant
02-11-2010, 10:15 AM
That's funny.

I was just thinking, "I hope whohoo tours the tents outside the Mac today."

...and there he is :D

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 11:05 AM
He's already getting into trouble!

from the blog:
Yeah....so I TOTALLY just pulled Bol Kong out of class! Sorry man! Haha, but I shook his hand and saw Elias across the way. Awesome. PS- I feel short
posted by gozagswoohoo at 12:06 PM

misszigzag
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM
How cool is that? I am so excited for Woohoo as I know he must be on cloud nine. Hope he can get up front with the KC tonight!

kitzbuel
02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Not sure the name of this river, but I will call it 'The River of Joy and Prosperity...and Love"

Uhh, that would be the Spokane River.

:D

thickman1
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
hope he hits the Falls too.

Once and Future Zag
02-11-2010, 01:21 PM
The Suction-Goat (aka trashgoat, aka cabrachupa) in Riverfront Park is also a must-see.

U Zig, I Zag
02-11-2010, 01:42 PM
hope he hits the Falls too.

You don't hit The 'Falls. The 'Falls hits YOU!

Lurknomore
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Lynette are you in the Michigan shirt in the lunch picture?

mee755
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
bumping

Pallet
02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Woohoo's as excited as a baby that just spied a boob!

Das Zagger
02-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Was Campus Safety notified?

Bulldog
02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
More pictures of todays activities please.:)

gu03alum
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
pictures here:

lothar98zag
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
More pictures of todays activities please.:)
lots of pix here - http://gozagswoohoo.blogspot.com/

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Lynette are you in the Michigan shirt in the lunch picture?

Yes, it's a Michigan basketball shirt. I guess I wanted people to know who I was without having to wear a nametag :)

Lurknomore
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
It"s nice to put faces to names!

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
i labeled the pics on woohoos blogspot page.

outrunu
02-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm going to be pizzed if we get hosed out of WooHoo airtime on ESPN because of the Fuskies.

lothar98zag
02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm going to be pizzed if we get hosed out of WooHoo airtime on ESPN because of the Fuskies.
ESPN360 FTW

outrunu
02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
There's another subject that torques me off. It's either free if you have such & such provider, or not available at all if you don't.

Proudzagmom
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Love the pics! I recognize El Voce and Section 116 from my time in Vegas last year! Man, I wish I was there. . .Glad you're having fun WooHoo!

El Voce
02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I was with WooHoo and Travis at Davids, but I left a bit before 6 PM to come home for a bit. it is now 6:33, so it's my guess that they are in the Kennel, meeting up with the Kennel Club guys.

It was a pleasure showing them the town and the campus today. Good guys! And oh so happy to be here. Maybe since I have lived in Spokane since I graduated so many years ago, I just take the whole Gonzaga experience for granted. It was nice for me to see our campus through the eyes of a couple of newbies.

I would hope that all of you get the chance to meet WooHoo and Travis someday!

NotoriousZ
02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Met Woohoo and BobZag down at David's, even if was only for a moment. I must admit I was secretly hoping BZ was really BZ's avitar, but then again I'm married anyway. I'll be rooting extra hard (if that's possible) for a Zag victory tonight, Woohoo, nice to meet you and Bob!

john montana
02-11-2010, 05:50 PM
great stuff here and on the blog...been fun following this odyssey!

Hope the Zags bring their A game tonight for Woohoo!

ID ZAGFAN
02-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Anyone know anyone who will be there and be allowed to video it?

I can't get ESPN360. With Hughes net, I can't stream any videos, but I can get them if they are uploaded to YouTube. :(

ID ZAGFAN

ID ZAGFAN
02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
And WooHoo--no updates on your blog for two hours? What's up with that?
:confused:
ID ZAGFAN

drnoe
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
WooHoo, I'm jealous as all get out. Glad you're having fun meeting many of the great folks on this board. Now, you're about to have fun for the first time in the kennel. As Shooter said to his son at the hospital... son, kick their butts! Go Zags!

zag69
02-11-2010, 06:44 PM
What a great story and terrific blog! It really made me smile.

Akzag
02-11-2010, 06:46 PM
And ... and, he is shooting at halftime.

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
And ... and, he is shooting at halftime.

NO WAY! COOL!!!!!!!!

Rangerzag
02-11-2010, 06:56 PM
i labeled the pics on woohoos blogspot page.

Very helpful, Miss Lynette! Thanks!

gu03alum
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Woohoo got to shoot the half court shot. He kissed the floor and then almost made it.

LynetteG
02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Woohoo got to shoot the half court shot. He kissed the floor and then almost made it.

neat! too bad he didn't make it, but i love the sentiment! thanks for the update!

Zagineer
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
WooHoo has got to be on CLOUD 9!!!

I know I would be. :)

Reminds me of the time when I was in the 4th grade and got to shoot the puck at a mouse hole into the goal from the blue Line during a Spokane Flyers (or were they the Comets by then??) game. Came real close, but no cigar. Just won a laundry hamper. :)

Areyoukiddingme
02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I dare you to come see me at the Blue Spark

Akzag
02-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Looks like he stuck around until the players got showered, and all, and had a ball for them to sign.

The latest blog entry is an exterior shot of J & D's ... so at least he made it across Hamilton.

TheZagPhish
02-11-2010, 11:18 PM
It was awesome to meet woohoo and so many others today. :D

Mrs. ZagPhish and I had originally planned on stopping by David's and then going to the Rubber Chicken (HS basketball between rival South Hill schools) with our daughter and her friend, finally catching the St. Mary's game on DVR later. But while at David's, Zagpower and Mrs. Zagpower offered Mrs. ZagPhish and me tickets to the St. Mary's game! And that instantly meant our kid was on her own and we were going to the chipper-shreddin'!

What a terrific day. I caught a little of woohoo's luck! Thanks woo!

And a huge thank you to Team Zagpower! http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/icons/icon14.gif You made our night.

RandomZagFan
02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Great pics Woohoo. I love the blog. PTMA!

Zagineer
02-12-2010, 12:08 AM

Mrs. ZagPhish and I had originally planned on stopping by David's and then going to the Rubber Chicken (HS basketball between rival South Hill schools) with our daughter and her friend, finally catching the St. Mary's game on DVR later. But while at David's, Zagpower and Mrs. Zagpower offered Mrs. ZagPhish and me tickets to the St. Mary's game! And that instantly meant our kid was on her own and we were going to the chipper-shreddin'!

And a huge thank you to Team Zagpower! http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/icons/icon14.gif You made our night.

That's wonderful, Phish. You and the Mrs. deserve it. :clap: (You, because of your posts. The Mrs., because she puts up with you. :D )

GhostZag
02-12-2010, 02:32 AM
For those who were not in attendance, here are two vid's of "WooHoo" jammin with the KC and taking the $1200 half court shot & kissin' the Bulldog. Enjoy...:D GhostZag

Here is a pic so you can see where WH is standing - right in front, White GU hat - awesome!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/SunnysideDrive/MISC/Big%20Dog%20Motorcycle/MISC2/WooHooinKC.jpg

Zombie Nation ala WooHoo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSXVqdmBrs

Half Court Shot and Kissing the Bulldog ala WooHoo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsN_2a7CC4

Zag79
02-12-2010, 03:15 AM
met woohoo right as i entered the kennel, great dude. seems to be having an amazing trip, zags game was incredible tonight. have a blast woohoo, and nice to meet you!

Proudzagmom
02-12-2010, 06:19 AM

The generosity of fellow foosters is everywhere! Congratulations ZagPhish. I know first-hand that Zagpower and his wife are fantastic people. I love being a ZAG fan!!!!

ronh_pm
02-12-2010, 07:12 AM

I think it was the white arm bands...next time go wtih red!!

Hoopaholic
02-12-2010, 07:28 AM
woooooohoooooo......glad you got a taste of ZAG Nation......wish I could have met you but work interferes with my fun at times......anyway from a GU Alum....welcome to the family, spread the word about what wonderful people "hide" out in the corner of the pacific northwest and that we also play some doggone good ball up here.......maybe next time I get to catch up to but your blogs and photos were awesome

ellenvega
02-12-2010, 07:40 AM
What fun you had!

TacomaZAG
02-12-2010, 08:20 AM
this shows how special the Zag experience is, the experience we all take for granted sometimes.

This is definately a weekend he will remember for the rest of his life. Way to represent, ZAG Nation.

Go ZAGS

ZagMan in Philly
02-12-2010, 08:34 AM
WooHoo, you must tell us what it must felt like being in K2 last night.
I have never set foot in K2, and the thought of being where you were, gave me goose bumps all over. Congratulations. You are blessed!

Go Zags!

El Voce
02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
BUMP!!! No way WooHoo should drop to page 2.

kitzbuel
02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
BUMP!!! No way WooHoo should drop to page 2.
No posts from WooHoo yet this morning. El Voce, are you sure he made it out of J&Ds?

americasteam
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
You guys need to check his blog, that is where he is posting.

lothar98zag
02-12-2010, 10:37 AM

Great stuff!

lothar98zag
02-12-2010, 10:39 AM
WooHoo, you must tell us what it must felt like being in K2 last night.
I have never set foot in K2, and the thought of being where you were, gave me goose bumps all over. Congratulations. You are blessed!

Go Zags!

lothar98zag
02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
woohoo can golf

gu03alum
02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/gu03alum/carmensandiego.jpg

Now

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 04:56 PM
ATTENTION:::::: for whoever can make it, we are gonna be at some place called the Swinging Doors sometime around 9. I'll post in a couple hours to give you a closer ETA if possible. El Voce, Bocco, everyone else, you should try to make it if possible!!

BobZag
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
If you've missed him thus far, here's a chance. :)

MJ777
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Swinging Doors Saloon....sounds like country music. Have fun Zag fans.

Did anyone watching on ESPN notice when Foster was waiting to shoot FTs that there was a camera shot from above and one of the fans put their hands in front of the camera and made a W for WooHoo? ;)

ID ZAGFAN
02-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Very cool!

I was doing the same thing at home with my hands in front of my face---so I saw the shots through my hands and their hands. Fun! :p

ID ZAGFAN

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Swinging Doors will be about 9:15, MAYBE 9:30, absolutely NO LATER. We'll hurry! Be there or be square

krozman
02-12-2010, 07:14 PM
It's like 2 minutes from my house up on the 5 mile prairie, but unfortunately, it's zombieland with the wife tonight. :(

LynetteG
02-12-2010, 07:25 PM
It's like 2 minutes from my house up on the 5 mile prairie, but unfortunately, it's zombieland with the wife tonight. :(

kroz, that movie sucked. trust me, you'll hve a better time (and so will your wife) than watching that movie.

RenoZag
02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Swinging Doors will be about 9:15, MAYBE 9:30, absolutely NO LATER. We'll hurry! Be there or be square

A reliable source has told me Bocco might make an appearance. . .

mendiant
02-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Won't be there as I am already enjoying wine and Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

But, regarding last nights festivities...

David's Pizza was Epic for me.

It was a pantheon af GU posters and fans...

TheZagPhish, Zagpower, CZzag, OregonZag and hubby, BobZag, MDabe, AngelloRoncalli, GLGutrocks, RusselBevan, El Voce, Hondo...

Oregon, California, west side Wa ST, and Mo...

It was sooo fun!!!

Many but not all posters signed my shirt with their board names...

there were others not at the table who greeted whohoo and others.

What a fun night!!!

But, I must say, whohoo, that half court shot was weak man!!! not even some rim baby!!!

But I will forgive you since you kissed the dog before the shot :D

love,
mendiant

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 07:39 PM

Reno, do you know how to get a hold of him to tell him don't go too early? We r gonna be about 9:15 or 9:30

Bocco
02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
consider me gotten a hold of....:D PM me when you are there, or close to there I'm only 10 mins away - same time zone no less

Lurknomore
02-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Thinking ahead to Saturday night before the game where will you be. I would like to meet you!

RenoZag
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM
9:30 !! That might be past Bocco's bedtime. . .

;)

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Thinking ahead to Saturday night before the game where will you be. I would like to meet you!

I'm gonna be tied up for an hour or so from maybe 5 to 6 or 6:30, and then I'm gonna head to the Bulldog club, but where you gonna be? I can make a special trip or whatever to chat for a bit!

gu03alum
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
The Doors!!! That's right by my house. Are you guys going to be there for a while? I'm at avenue Q with my wife for another hour or so. Puppet sex is fun, but so is drinking.

MDABE80
02-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Does Angelo have some good tickets? Abe and the babe would like to go...but Im emptyhanded...help!!

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 08:27 PM
We are on our way now!! But I'm not sure how far away we are, PtD is on his phone. And yeah, I imagine we'll be there for a bit. I'm actually just now eating dinner!! Then a few drinks.

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 09:00 PM
We are here.

If you're trying to find me, I'm wearing a hat with a huge banana on it, and a blue tutu. Ok, no I'm not, I'm wearing my white zags hat and navy blue gonzaga jacket.

Bocco
02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Arrived a little after 10 met woohoo, his bro, PtheD, and Gu03. Talked some hoops, had some brews. When I left about 10 mins ago they were heading to play some shuffleboard. Woohoo's having the time of his life, and looking forward to tomorrow's activities.

gozagswoohoo
02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Arrived a little after 10 met woohoo, his bro, PtheG, and Gu03. Talked some hoops, had some brews. When I left about 10 mins ago they were heading to play some shuffleboard. Woohoo's having the time of his life, and looking forward to tomorrow's activities.

And I LOST the game of shuffleboard!! Boo!

But we had a great time talkin zags hoops, thanks again for stopping by Bocco. It was great to meet you.

gu03alum
02-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Arrived a little after 10 met woohoo, his bro, PtheG, and Gu03. Talked some hoops, had some brews. When I left about 10 mins ago they were heading to play some shuffleboard. Woohoo's having the time of his life, and looking forward to tomorrow's activities.

I really enjoyed meeting you bocco. It was fun talking zag basketball.

Sorry, woohoo, I think I cost us a win, but your brother and pthed pulled some amazing shots out of their butts.

Pargo the Destroyer
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Just dropped off woo and champ. All I wanna know is, what am I gonna do with a gunrack, A GUNRACK!

gozagswoohoo
02-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Just dropped off woo and champ. All I wanna know is, what am I gonna do with a gunrack, A GUNRACK!

Hahahahahaha, I read that outloud to my bro and we both started laughin so loud we probably bout woke up our hosts. Hahaha, good times.

Saxon_zag
02-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't post much but I always read here but I just have to say this is most awesome thing to happen on a sports message board, ever. Only gonzaga!

BobZag
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM

Drive around Idaho. :D

Bocco
02-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Drive around Idaho. :D
Since woohoo was heading to Idaho with El Voce .... perhaps EV stopped in a Cabela's on the way to Hudson's in Cd'A and now has one.....:p

gozagswoohoo
02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Attention---------

Official pre-game meeting spot!!! Jack and Dans, 5:30 tonight!!

PLEASE come everyone!!!

RenoZag
02-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I will hoist a toast in yans ' honor at 5:30 sharp. . .

gozagswoohoo
02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I will hoist a toast in yans ' honor at 5:30 sharp. . .

Please do. We've mentioned your name a few times during the 'wish they were here discussions'.

gozagswoohoo
02-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow, just noticed this thread has over 10,000 views....that is incredible. Thanks for following along, it's been an incredible journey (and it's not over!!!).

Bocco
02-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Attention---------

Official pre-game meeting spot!!! Jack and Dans, 5:30 tonight!!

PLEASE come everyone!!!

Unfortunately I can't make it, main reason why I came over the the Swinging Doors last night.

LynetteG
02-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I would like to say that Gamagin is the greatest Zag ever! I AM GOING TO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorable mention to kdoggy :) Thanks guys!!!

See you guys at J&Ds!

ID ZAGFAN
02-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I would like to say that Gamagin is the greatest Zag ever! I AM GOING TO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorable mention to kdoggy :) Thanks guys!!!

See you guys at J&Ds!

That's great, Lynnette! Represent for the ID ZAGFANS, too!

ID ZAGFAN

Section 116
02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
That will be tough for hubby to top as a Valentine's gift. We'll look for you!!!!

Cavebear33
02-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Whohoo, I know you enjoyed your adventure in Spokane. We enjoyed having you here and hearing all your experiences. What a lifetime memory few of us will ever have the chance to emulate. Thanks to all who made your trip possible, and a special tip of the hat to your tour guide, El Voce. I'm glad I got a chance to say a brief hello to you and your brother at Jack and Dan's. I look forward to all your future messages, now enhanced with firsthand knowledge of Gonzaga and Spokane.

misszigzag
02-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Woohoo got a little espn airtime tonight early in the first!

Zagineer
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
He sure did!! I spotted him also. I was watching the game with my son-in-law, who is a big GU fan (He better be. He graduated from GU Law!), but not a member of GUB.

So, when I shouted out, "Hey!! There's WooHoo!!", I had to explain just what the heck I was talking about. :)

Pargo the Destroyer
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Most important question of the weekend..." is Griffey like your version of Pujols"?...... Still laughing.....Good times.

RenoZag
02-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Most important question of the weekend..." is Griffey like your version of Pujols"?...... Still laughing.....Good times.

Second most important question:

Will yans ever forget the inaugural visit to Spokane by Gozagswoohoo ?

rawkmandale
02-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Really great reading....come back soon

El Voce
02-14-2010, 09:25 AM
WooHoo came.
WooHoo saw.
WooHoo conquered.

I told WooHoo he is our own Make A Wish kid, only much better because he isn't fighting a fatal disease. The generosity of GhostZag set off a journey that he and his brother (and all of us who followed his journey on his awesome blog) will long remember.

He got to sit in the front row of the Kennel Club. He got to go on the court for player introductions. He got to shoot a half court shot (OK, to be honest, in WooHoo's case it was about three-eighths court shot*), he got to see one of the best wins in the history of K2, he got to sit in Tent One of Fewville, he got to see the Zag exhibit at the Foley Library, he got to taste both a Domini's sandwich and a Hudson's Hamburger, and he got to meet many, many welcoming Zag students and board posters.

I was lucky enough to spend some time with Nathan and his brother Travis. Their enthusiasm and joy were infectious, and thinking of my time with them brings a smile to my face.

Today, the boys from Missouri go back to their "real" lives, a happy reunion with their wives, and (in Nathan's case) his young son. Tomorrow, WooHoo becomes Nathan, the insurance desk jockey. But I would guess the happy memories of this trip will last a long life time for the unabashed Zag fan who most assuredly deserved this wonderful weekend.

*The mention of his airball above is payback for the blog quip about El Voce stopping 19 times to rest.:)

gamagin
02-14-2010, 09:40 AM
WooHoo came.
WooHoo saw.
WooHoo conquered.

I told WooHoo he is our own Make A Wish kid, only much better because he isn't fighting a fatal disease. The generosity of GhostZag set off a journey that he and his brother (and all of us who followed his journey on his awesome blog) will long remember.

He got to sit in the front row of the Kennel Club. He got to go on the court for player introductions. He got to shoot a half court shot (OK, to be honest, in WooHoo's case it was about three-eighths court shot*), he got to see one of the best wins in the history of K2, he got to sit in Tent One of Fewville, he got to see the Zag exhibit at the Foley Library, he got to taste both a Domini's sandwich and a Hudson's Hamburger, and he got to meet many, many welcoming Zag students and board posters.

I was lucky enough to spend some time with Nathan and his brother Travis. Their enthusiasm and joy were infectious, and thinking of my time with them brings a smile to my face.

Today, the boys from Missouri go back to their "real" lives, a happy reunion with their wives, and (in Nathan's case) his young son. Tomorrow, WooHoo becomes Nathan, the insurance desk jockey. But I would guess the happy memories of this trip will last a long life time for the unabashed Zag fan who most assuredly deserved this wonderful weekend.

*The mention of his airball above is payback for the blog quip about El Voce stopping 19 times to rest.:)

Having participated minimally, I have to say, Woohoo was very lucky to have the willing and able GUB folks like you and Section 116, Hondo, A13, Zagphish, LynetteG (and those are just the one's I met) to show him the sights and really represent all of GUB in giving this kid & his Bro the time of their lives.

So thanks to all of you for taking the time -- even if you, too, had a great time -- to make sure Woohoo's roster was full. I'm guessing the meet and greet's will leave the most lasting impressions. After the games and the K2 atmosphere, of course, the treatment by the KC and just about everyone who took part or just joined in the fun vicariously.

To GhostZag, I hope you are as proud of yourself as I am, and I think, we are, that you set this great weekend in motion with your generosity and goodwill.

Thank, you.

LynetteG
02-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Woohoo! Safe travels! It was sooooooooo nice to meet you and Travis! I am sure you had a terrific time, and thanks for letting us all follow you along on your vision quest! It is an awesome story and I am so excited to have been able to meet such a great guy!!! Come back and visit us anytime...and make sure that it is sooner rather than later!

CHEERS!

GhostZag
02-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Dear WooHoo;

I think I speak for others on this board when I say just how much we will miss you. The days that lead up to your visit to Zagland were glorious, as you wrote about your excitement and anticipation. While here, you wrote about all the places you went, including our sacred grounds at Gonzaga University. You met board posters, students, strangers and the best darn D1 college basketball team/coaches ever. What all of us knew, was that you would have the time of your life. What we did not know, is that you would be more “awesome” than we imagined. There are a lot of people that frequent the boards for news and insightful dialogue relative to GU hoops ~ myself being one... But after 8-14 hours of work, home life tasks, and daily struggles, I like to unwind by reading the latest post by WooHoo, as surely there will be something that will make me laugh. When I read that you had never been to a Zag game where the audience was primarily Zag fans, I thought, “he has to come here, and experience this.” We all have enjoyed your story, and hope you will return here someday with your bro, wives, and little hoo. You need to see the Pacific Northwest in the summer so you can enjoy all the outdoor activities and beauty. I must admit my Sunday is a little empty with you gone, but maybe someday you will return, and we have that tale to look forward to. Just let me know, and I will bring you back. :) Thank you for sharing your love of GU with us all…You really are one of us!;)

GhostZag

Bulldog
02-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Kudo's to all who made this trip possible and those that showed woohoo and his bro a good time. I got to meet them at J & D's and the games.
I've been telling people that asked who the celeb was, that you were an undercover SI reporter and you were writing an article on the best team to follow in college sports.
I think you should, it would be a great story and could only be written by you.
Good luck woohoo, we enjoyed the ride as much as you.

abarefootboy
02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
... wonder full chapter in the unfolding tale of a college basketball dynasty.

Gratitude to all.

TheZagPhish
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Look, I'll just say it...

Time to pack up the family and get out here, woo. :D

Loved meeting you and Champ, and all those who contributed to the adventure! Thanks to all.

(PtD and I are always good for helping people move, U-Haul prices are lower than ever [not true], and Voice will gladly scope out all potential houses for you; just let us know...)

strikezag
02-14-2010, 11:48 AM
This is the type of feel-good story that the national media should be made aware of.

Rangerzag
02-14-2010, 12:14 PM
This is the type of feel-good story that the national media should be made aware of.

Or at least the Bulletin.

Lurknomore
02-14-2010, 12:27 PM
WooHoo it was so nice to meet you and your bro at Jack and Dan's, I am so happy that you were able to come to Spokane, what an adventure. It was also really nice to have met Lynnette and some others. Ghost Zag did something truly wonderful for some genuinly nice people. Hopefully you will get to come back before Kaleb starts school here!

LynetteG
02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Hopefully you will get to come back before Kaleb starts school here!

READ THESE WORDS! :)

here's his high school: http://gprepadmissions.imodules.com/s/773/index.aspx
and of course, here's his college: http://www.gonzaga.edu

gozagswoohoo
02-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Just a heads up, I'm home. Other than the obvious flying for 6 or 7 hours, the plane rides weren't actually all that bad. Surprisingly spacious airplanes, my bro and I never had anyone in the seats next to us, so that was nice.

I post a pic of the zag stuff I brought home with me. Thanks again to everyone that brought/gave me stuff this week...you guys were WAY too good to me this week...but more on that subject in my final blog post tomorrow.

PS- El Voce, Kaleb loves his little 'Spike' you bought him.

Zagineer
02-14-2010, 08:36 PM
All I got to say is four words.......

HALL OF FAME FORUM

Maybe a fifth word (sort of a word)...

AWESOMEST

Wish I could have been there. :)

mendiant
02-14-2010, 09:38 PM
HOF for sure!!!

Woohoo, really was happy to meet you and many other travelling Zags at David's before the St Mary's game.

Thanks to your brother for letting me borrow his sharpie so all those foosters and fans could sign my shirt.

My favorite moment was when you kissed the bulldog at center court before that weak assed half court try...:p

...dude, all this love and you couldn't even hit the rim????

love you anyways...

mendiant:D

gozagswoohoo
02-15-2010, 07:58 AM
So, where in the world do I begin?? This weekend was just incredible. I told a few of you while I was down there, that this trip could not have been ANY better. (well...maybe winning $1300 dollars would have made it better, but instead I airball the halfcourt shot in front of 6000 people) haha.

Before I left for this trip, I made a very long post at the beginning of this thread, just talking about how insanely generous Gonzaga fans are. This trip has just proven that point even further. I'm still curious WHY you guys treated me so well...?? I mean, honestly, from the free car rides, people paying for my meals, people giving me free zags stuff, people giving me discounts on zags stuff...it just seemed like it never ended!

Probably the most fun part of this trip, and HILARIOUS if you ask me, was the fact that I LITERALLY got stopped on campus, around town, or at the games because somebody recognized me! "Hey, are you Woohoo?" "Hey, you're the guy that's here from St. Louis right?" "Hey!!! Woohoo!!!!!". I'm not even kidding when I tell you I was stopped or recognized AT LEAST 40 times. My FAVORITE part about all of that was just getting to talk to so many amazing people, and so many great zags fans. That's probably the thing that I loved the most about being in Spokane, was just seeing SO many zags fans, and not just that, but so many PASSIONATE zags fans.

Spokane is such a beautiful city...you guys have everything there! The scenery is just beautiful (and I know there was TONS more to see), you've got a very nice looking city, tons of entertainment, and most importantly...you have Gonzaga. I already plan on dropping some little hints to the wife that we should move to Spokane. I mean, heck, if Kaleb is gonna be starting at the PG spot in 19 years, shouldn't we be a LITTLE closer than Missouri?? I'm not sure the wife will go for it, but I have to try.

But back to the trip, it just couldn't have gone any better at all. When I was coming down here, there were a few things I wanted to accomplish...Get some good GU pictures, see a couple wins, and maybe grab a few autographs. Here is what I got------Over 200 incredible pictures, one huge win over a conf rival and another stomping, got to sit in the Kennel Club for 2 games and experience Zombie Nation (INSANITY), be at halfcourt in front of a PACKED house (I will NEVER forget that feeling!!), got to meet probably 40+ posters, got to play basketball with some Washingtonians, got 5x more zags gear and memorabilia than I could EVER have imagined, got a basketball signed by the entire team and coaching staff, a miniature basketball signed for Kaleb by his favorite zag (Pendo), and got autographs and pics with Sorenson, Calvary, and Pendo. And that's just the BIG stuff, I got to see SO MUCH...and meet so many cool people.

The only thing that made me sad on this entire trip, was the fact that I could see myself being really good friends with so many of you guys. I felt like I got to know about 5 or 6 of you really well while I was down there, and it's sad to think that I might not see some of you again for years, if ever. But it WILL be my mission to get down there with Mrs. Woohoo and Little Hoo soon, I HAVE to share that with them.

Lastly, and I'll try to make this part quick, I wanted to throw out some 'thank-you's'. I'm not going to list everyone here, because it'd be impossible to do so, but there are a few people I REALLY want to thank...but I need to give a SPECIAL thank you to El Voce. He really made this trip epic for my bro and I. He took us everywhere...he had a cool story for everything...and he did everything from buy us breakfast, to buying Kaleb a little "Spike" dog. I can't thank him enough. El Voce is SUCH a nice guy, and I am so thankful to him for his help this weekend, it honestly wouldn't have been HALF the trip if it wasn't for him. Then there is Gonezagaga, he and his wife Stacy are seriously two of the nicest, most sincere people you will ever meet. Both of them were just so nice to us all weekend, and they had a smile on their faces every single time I saw them. After I spent a half down in the student section, I got back up to my seats next to them, and Stacy had taken a ton of pics of my bro and I from those seats with a very nice camera. And she seemed so excited about it! haha. They seem like two of the coolest parents someone could have. Then their is PargotheDestroyer. My bro and I were talking on the way home, there is no doubt in my mind I'd be very good friends with PtheD if I lived down there. He is freaking hilarious. He showed us an incredible time on Friday, and went out of his way to drive us around and back by the condo about 19 times, and all the way out to the Air Force Base and Swinging Doors. Had such a good time with him. And zagpower and his wife Ann, once again, their generosity is amazing to me...I won't go into detail HOW generous they were...but they were generous, and I don't see how I deserved what they gave me. But THANK YOU. Now I just have to explain to my wife how I brought back so much cool stuff, AND still had money left over, haha. Thanks again guys...

Again, I didn't list everyone, mainly because I don't have an extra 5 hours to type! But to everyone who brought me something, and there were a TON of you, THANK YOU. From the sweet zags alarm clark, to a Christmas hat, to t-shirts, an awesome bookmark made out of my ticket stub, to a huge rubber #1 finger, the extra game ticket I was really needing for my host that was wanting to see the St. Mary's game, to all the drinks people bought me, and zags stickers, tattoos, etc...good grief. Obviously, like I said, people were generous to me. Thank you guys, honestly...and thanks to everyone who just stopped me to say hello! Like I said, that was one of the best parts. But it was just so incredible to FINALLY meet Bobzag and some of the famous posters like Angelo, hondo, El Voce, MDABE, gamagin, Bocco and Russell Brevin....to name a few...

Let's see...who am I forgetting?? :-)

Ghostzag- I'll say it for the 15th time, you will NEVER know what you (both of you) have done for me. Never. You did more than fly me to Spokane for a home game, you gave me a trip that I will be talking about for the rest of my life!! You helped me meet half a dozen former zags, then entire current zags team and coaching staff, 40+ posters, and countless other zag friends. You have given me the opportunity to REALLY become good friends with a bunch of posters, and I am so thankful for that. I just can't stop looking at the video's and pictures I took down there, I STILL get chills watching the zombie nation video and me kissing the bulldog. And not just that, but I KNOW you guys did some behind the scenes work to get me some of this special treatment. I still don't fully understand why you guys picked me, but I am so thankful for that opportunity, and I hope now that it's all said and done, you guys are still happy with your decision. I'll never be able to pay you guys back for this. You guys have a lifelong friend in St. Louis. Thank you...

Just wanted to say that I laughed so hard everytime somebody mentioned that their spouse was making fun of them this weekend when they tried to explain WHY they were coming to meet me. I heard it at least 5 times, a spouse would say "You're going to the bar to meet...a guy you met on the internet?" Hahaha. So funny. One of my friends asked me last night, why the heck anybody cared that Nathan Chase came to Spokane. I was asking that myself, over and over this weekend, because I don't really know. Not only did you guys CARE that I was in Spokane, but you treated me like a rock star. I tried to explain to this friend all of the amazing stuff you guys did for me, and he says "So...you made some good internet friends, that's exciting, did anyone give you any valuable Pokemon cards?" HA HA HA HA HA. I guess nobody is going to understand any of this unless they know Gonzaga, huh?

PS- If I left you're name out of anything, do not be sad...I honestly couldn't list everyone I met, or wanted to thank, there were just too many of you. But I loved meeting every one of you.

Hopefully at some point down the road, I can pay this all forward.

Thanks again everybody...and thanks for following my blog. I had SO much fun doing it.

You guys are just the best. That's all I can say. THANK YOU

And now, a couple of my favorite pics from this week.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/mespike.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/kiss.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/espn.jpg

gozagswoohoo
02-15-2010, 07:59 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/sign.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/mecase.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/mependo.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/medog111.jpg

rennis
02-15-2010, 08:09 AM
This is such an awesome story. I love it.

Go Zags!

Pargo the Destroyer
02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Glad we got to do some work while you were here. Next time, golf (in warm weather, I mean seriously, how does it go from nice to absolute dog balls in like 14 minutes? Mothernature didnt get the memo that you guys were in town apparently) and Hoopfest, you guys are good players, you could do some damage in Hoopfest.

guardu
02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah man, it was fun runnin' with you and your bro at the base and going undefeated, well all of us but your bro that is (traitor) ;)

Like PtheD said we were talking about how you guys should fly back out for hoopfest so we could ball it up and kick some a**.

But on a serious note is was good to meet you guys, wish I could've spent a little more time with you guys at the Doors but you know the wife and all.

gozagswoohoo
02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah man, it was fun runnin' with you and your bro at the base and going undefeated, well all of us but your bro that is (traitor) ;)

Like PtheD said we were talking about how you guys should fly back out for hoopfest so we could ball it up and kick some a**.

But on a serious note is was good to meet you guys, wish I could've spent a little more time with you guys at the Doors but you know the wife and all.

It was great meeting you too gaurdu, no worries about the Swinging Doors. It was fun hanging with you and playing ball.

Also, if anyone has any pictures or anything that they took this weekend, I would love for you to send some to me. Or, just in case anybody wants it, here is my email address---

nathanchase82 [at] yahoo.com <----edited my email address so I don't get blasted by a bunch of bots. (Thanks ZPhish)

lothar98zag
02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
great stuff here and on the blog. thanks for sharing your epic journey with the rest of us.

lothar98zag
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Headline: Board Greeter Greeted by Spokane

Colbyspapa
02-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Somebody needs to give Whoohoo a job in Spokane. He and his family are "Zag Material". I know how much people love tags like that around here. God Bless the people that made this happen. It makes me proud to be a Zag.

TheZagPhish
02-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Somebody needs to give Whoohoo a job in Spokane. He and his family are "Zag Material". I know how much people love tags like that around here. God Bless the people that made this happen. It makes me proud to be a Zag.

I so need a new insurance guy...

Rangerzag
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I so need a new insurance guy...

Hey, WooHoo,

Every time my insurance agent retires, my company keeps finding my an agent that is still farther away geographically. If you were to move to Spokane would the company you work for let you be an agent for someone 300 miles away??? Seems to be going that way sooner or later, anyway! ;)

Thanks,
rangerZ

GoZags!!!

gozagswoohoo
02-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Rangerzag- wow! No you should RARELY have an agent over about 30-40 miles away! Yikes

gu03alum- thanks for what you said in your last comment in the most recent blog post.

And everyone that's mentioned it, TRUST ME, if the zags are in StL in March, I'll be there!! And I'll be blogging, that'll be fun!

El Voce
02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I'll be there!! And I'll be blogging, that'll be fun!

Personally, i think you are such a good writer that you should keep your blog going instead of ending it.

gozagswoohoo
02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I added one more person to the bottom of that latest blog entry. I initially left them off for anonymity (spelling?? Haha) reasons. But GUinStL cleared it, so THANKS to his parents for putting us up. So nice of them...

mee755
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Personally, i think you are such a good writer that you should keep your blog going instead of ending it.

Agreed!