PDA

View Full Version : Euroball

ZagNut08
04-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Got the chance to watch JP play some hoops last night. Euroball is much different than in the states. He is the same force he was at Gonzaga, only much less utilized. If they understood the concept of the pick and role he would be scoring at will. He has had three coaches this season. He started off starting, 2nd coach didnt play him as much, and the current coach has him coming off the bench and playing the most minutes of any big.

JP will be playing for the Brazilian national team this summer with tournaments all over the place. The team will be in vegas late in the summer. He is trying out for a spot on the olympic roster (11 going for 2 spots)

On a side note: Drav has europe written all over him. JP said most the gaurds on his team dont work out much, if any. Strenght will not be an issue for him over here, the game is far less physical, and there is little to no cutting to the basket by gaurds...they just live by the three ball.

GonzagaGurl08
04-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the info ZagNut. It's nice to have an update on JP, I'm glad to hear that he is being used. Good luck to JP in his tryouts for the Brazilian National Team!!!:)

roxdoc
04-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Hope you told him we continue to follow him and refer to him frequently on this forum.

ZagNut08
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
he said he reads the forums every once in a while...got a good laugh out of how people think the uniforms look like nascar

lothar98zag
04-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the report on JP!

ZagNut08
04-29-2007, 08:46 AM
18 min. 25 pts 6 reb last night in their win over Neptunas.

They advance to the finals against their rival from Kaunas. Best of 7 series

BobZag
04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Raivio was born in Belgium so he and the folks at Belgian basketball are working on making him Belgian so he can play there as a countryman.

GonzagaGurl08
04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the update BZ. It would be nice for Derek to be able to play in Belgium. FYI, Belgium is the home of french fries, waffles, and of course beer, right up D-Rav's alley I think. Good luck to Derek!!!!

Nevtelen
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Belgium is one of my favorite contries in the world - what a great place to live! I spent a couple weeks there on vacation a couple years back and it was absolutely fantastic. Raivio would have an amazing time living there, I'm sure, and their league is pretty decent, I guess. Hope it works out for him.