• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Booster
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2010

Fresh up the Uniforms

Greetings board. Long-time follower of the zags and now first-time poster. I've enjoyed the banter and rhetoric within this community so figured I might as well dedicate some of my social time here. Contributions? We'll just play that out as it goes, but for starters ...

I hear the Zags may launch their new uniforms Thurs vs SMC. No red or black this time, but the changes are subtle and classic and tie in nicely to the heritage of the program. Rumor has it that this is a new NIKE innovation that only a few other schools will be wearing. It's rivalry week.
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Maybe

similar to our Dark and Light but with a bow tie at the neck, and tails on the back of the shorts??? Very classy, ala Fred Astaire. We could come out for warmups with top hats on!!
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagatak
      Kennel Club Material
      • Oct 2009

Nice to hear. We need a picture for this post!!!

Comment

• VinnyZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Everytime they screw with the uniforms, something bad happens. Leave well enough alone. GU and Nike sell enough uniforms without needing to change it up again.

Comment

• MedZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I hear they are adding more colors to open up the option for more alternates:

Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
          You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Booster View Post
            Greetings board. Long-time follower of the zags and now first-time poster. I've enjoyed the banter and rhetoric within this community so figured I might as well dedicate some of my social time here. Contributions? We'll just play that out as it goes, but for starters ...

I hear the Zags may launch their new uniforms Thurs vs SMC. No red or black this time, but the changes are subtle and classic and tie in nicely to the heritage of the program. Rumor has it that this is a new NIKE innovation that only a few other schools will be wearing. It's rivalry week.
            Thanks for your help in bringing back a traditional Zag look.
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2009

I am always digging on the new uni's. Very few teams get that opportunity, even if it is just Nike trying to sweet talk Few into going to Oregon.

I need a uni though... to wear, if I can get Matt to sign, to frame and hang up.

I watched SMC yesterday and frankly, we could wear T-shirts and look better than that crew. They have some ill-fitting uniforms... damn. I know it's not the mark of a program but you would think they would step up a decade or two and get something stylish. we could give them our red ones, I hate those.

Speaking of Rivarly Week. During the promos they highlight some games on Esspin but then fly all the logos through real fast for all the teams - I don't notice GU in there. They probably wouldn't put in SMC's logo in there, not enough recognition, but GU's logo is embedded into the brains of viewers by now. Found that odd.

Does this game not have as much national impact as last year? No Patty Mills? That it?

Comment

• Booster
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2010

Agree on the SMC threads ... by far the weakest of the bunch within the WCC if not the West. I don't believe the tops will be on sale until the Fall. As far as the new uni's, they are 60% lighter than your typical NBA uniforms. Mentally (and physically), another "edge" against the competition.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2009

Booster, obviously you are well aware of the new jerseys. You a Nike (wo)man?

Comment

• Booster
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Feb 2010

Always a NIKE-man ... and former kennel club alum as well.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Could this be the new outfit?

The Nike Pro-Combat uniforms:

FRONT:

BACK(Go Zags logo is sweet):

MATCHING SHOES:
                      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2009

Weren't those the Tourney jerseys from last year?

Shoes look kind of wild... I really don't pay attention to the shoes much, though I did notice Samhan was wearing lowtops on Sat. That is just asking for a rolled ankle, I would think.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                          Weren't those the Tourney jerseys from last year?

Shoes look kind of wild... I really don't pay attention to the shoes much, though I did notice Samhan was wearing lowtops on Sat. That is just asking for a rolled ankle, I would think.
                          Good point. I'm fairly certain it was the jersey debuted in the Tourney last year, so I presume there will be newer unis featured on Thurs vs SMC. Booster made it sound as if the new ones are a bit more 'retro' than the Tourney jerseys(in the pics above). I'd be curious if they are even lighter than the Nike Pro-Combat uniforms since these were also advertised as being "30% lighter than traditional bball uniforms".
                          “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• Booster
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Feb 2010

Baldwin's are from last year. Here's a small slice of the new ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• WyoZag
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Feb 2007

I posted a picture of the new shorts yesterday.

Shop the latest selection of Eastbay FAQ at Foot Locker. Find the hottest sneaker drops from brands like eastbay-faq, Jordan, Nike, Under Armour, New Balance, and a bunch more. Free shipping for FLX members.

Comment

Working...
                              X