PDA

View Full Version : OT-Ronny/Larry G's brother

zagirl2k
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
crazy story here, but of course Ronny steps up and helps out. we recorded a video clip off the local news tonight talking about it as well and will try and get that up at some point. thoughts and prayers go out to Larry G's brother for a full recovery. He gave all the high school guys jerseys too.

Warriors center Ronny Turiaf spent some time with the El Cerrito High School boys basketball team before Saturday's game and said he would purchase defibrillators for local high schools.

Turiaf, who had heart surgery during his rookie season, also vowed to visit Gauchos sophomore David Gurganious, 15, who collapsed during a game Tuesday from an apparent heart condition. Gurganious, who remains hospitalized, is the younger brother of Larry Gurganious, who played at Gonzaga shortly after Turiaf left the Zags for the NBA.

As a show of support, Turiaf invited the Gauchos to the game and a pregame meet-and-greet.

webspinnre
02-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Yet another example of what a great ambassador Ronny is. Way to represent!

ZagNative
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Wow! Hope it all turns out okay, and love Ronny for being who he is.

ZigZagSoCal
02-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Good luck to David, Larry and their family. Once a Zag, always a Zag. They are family. Great job Ronny!

BlueVoodoo07
02-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Just another reason why I' am proud to be a Fan of Gonzaga

zagirl2k
02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
more reasons I will always love Ronny and he will go down as one of the all time Zag ambassadors. click on the full link for an amusing story from the SMC game

Once A Zag, Always A Zag

Ronny Turiaf's love of Gonzaga has not waned since joining the NBA. (photo: Doug Pensinger/NBAE/Getty)
Last month I had a chance to see my team – the Gonzaga Bulldogs – play in the Bay Area against St. Mary’s and Santa Clara. It was fantastic.

As I tried to explain to Chris Hunter the other day, I have blind school spirit. Regardless of who they are playing, how they’re playing, or what’s going on, I will always root for my school. Gonzaga is a very special place for me. I would have never spent four years somewhere, especially somewhere cold, if I did not appreciate what I had there. Everything about the school, and how the people treated me there, it was truly an amazing experience. So following them closely now is my way of showing them support and my way of giving back to them. Last year before the Santa Clara game, I had the team over to my house for dinner and it was a great experience.

Gonzaga is a really special place for me and regardless of what they ask me to do, I will always try to do whatever I can to help the school out. I especially want to show the kids that once you are a Zag, you are always a Zag. We may not be as big as a lot of the other schools, but I know that I can count on every single one of my old teammates, coaches and everyone else to always be there for me in case something ever happens. My heart surgery in 2005 was a prime example of all those people sticking beside me and I will never forget that.

full entry here (http://www.nba.com/warriors/fanzone/turiaf_blog.html)

U Zig, I Zag
02-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Ronny is so awesome.

Find it disturbing that they got on him at the game though...?? I don't know, wouldn't you have respect for a great player, a former foe? If Steve Nash was hanging out with John Stockton at the Kennel during a SCU game (have no idea why they would be hanging out, just roll with me here) everyone would be like, 'wow! Steve Nash is here!'.

Especially strange considering that, well, Ronny plays for the local pro team.

Weird.

ID ZAGFAN
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
more reasons I will always love Ronny and he will go down as one of the all time Zag ambassadors. click on the full link for an amusing story from the SMC game

full entry here (http://www.nba.com/warriors/fanzone/turiaf_blog.html)

Loved it! :) My favorite part:

"Gonzaga is a very special place for me. I would have never spent four years somewhere, especially somewhere cold, if I did not appreciate what I had there."

After seeing the video where he talks about Tommy Lloyd sending him pictures of Spokane in the summer and ignoring the winter, I really appreciated this part.

ID ZAGFAN

LynetteG
02-07-2010, 12:47 PM
that blog was awesome!

ID ZAGFAN
02-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Loved the blog. I copied the link into the Old Dogs' Forum so folks could check it whenever they wanted.

ID ZAGFAN