PDA

View Full Version : Testemonial from a Memphis Fan

Section 116
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I was looking at the Memphis board this evening and I stumbled across this post from a Memphis poster who goes by Bert 56. I just think it is a wonderful testimonial to the kids who represent GU and I thought it worthy of a post. Thanks Bert 56:

I have been fortunate to see our opponents up close and personal while working with the stat crew and without a doubt, Gonzaga has the classiest group of fans, players, coaches and administrators I have ever come into contact with. The players say "yes sir" and "no sir" when responding to the scorer's table. Not a few, ALL of them. I told M. Bouldin after the game that I have really enjoyed watching him during his career and his response was, "Thank you very much, sir. I really appreciate that." Will Foster, the 7'5" player was in the hall after the game and was one of the most pleasant young men I have ever met. I will pull for them EVERY step of the way!

Link: http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=418399

MedZag
02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=418399&pid=5140188#pid5140188 is the specific post, btw.

Jedster
02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Great to hear! What a class group...all the way.

MJ777
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Great to hear! What a class group...all the way.

Not totally classy according to one poster in that thread, lenetzach. He posted.
"RE: DID THE ZAGS APPLAUD THE MEMPHIS FANS AT THE END?

classy coach, classy fans, but the players were getting a little big for their britches today, just so you know.

first, they tried to set up for their little circle dance beforehand on top of the Tiger logo, and the refs had to move them off, with some difficulty.

then after the game they gathered together to celebrate on the logo.

not a huge deal but it was less than the level of class I have come to expect. sorry, just had to tell it like it happened."
My Question: Do the Zags usually do their circle chant at half court? Are they trying to intimidate or is it just more about location?