PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say congratulations...

adallastiger
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
....your team played well, showed lots of poise down the stretch. Thought we had a shot, but missed free throws really hurt.

Good luck the rest of the, we will see you guys next year.

Or, maybe, in the big dance. But at this point, we are probably going to have to win the conference tournament to get there.

But no one here is giving up!

Job well done, very tough to play on Thursday, come to FedEx for a Saturday game, and come out on top. Congrats!

Thomas_Sutpen
02-06-2010, 02:23 PM
we are probably going to have to win the conference tournament to get there.

From what I saw today, you've got a great shot to win it. Just get a handle on the out-of-control drives to the hoop (and the free throws, of course).

Witherspoon is awesome. He'll be a star.

Your coach looks like he's twelve, but he seems to be very passionate. Does he always get that worked up?

Good luck the rest of the way--I hope you win your tourney.

23dpg
02-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Dallas, very classy remarks.

Good luck with the conf. tourney. The Zags definitely will be rooting for you guys.

GoZAGsMang
02-06-2010, 02:25 PM
The Memphis fans are always classy win or lose.

GoZAGsMang

TheZagPhish
02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Best to you and the Tigers, dallas.

Jedster
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks adallastiger! You have a great core of young players and will be a force again...soon! Hope you make it to the dance, though I wouldn't want to play you. Very athletic and intense play! Good luck the rest of the way.

Bocco
02-06-2010, 02:29 PM
great game, great atmosphere, your team played hard, and I'm thankful they missed those foul shots....

rawkmandale
02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Good stuff in this Memphis board thread:

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=418377

Chi-townTiger
02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
From what I saw today, you've got a great shot to win it. Just get a handle on the out-of-control drives to the hoop (and the free throws, of course).

Witherspoon is awesome. He'll be a star.

Your coach looks like he's twelve, but he seems to be very passionate. Does he always get that worked up?

Good luck the rest of the way--I hope you win your tourney.

Pastner never gets worked up. We've been complaining about it all year. It was nice to see him blow up for a change. Anyway the officiating was atrocious. I don't think we've ever had that many charges on us in one game before. It was a joke both ways. That bald headed guy had me going nuts.

gamagin
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
great, competitive series.

I thought we beat you underneath first, gave that up for a time, and then took it back to win. Big Will foster was incredible for us today. Our guys got the ball to him. It worked. You really had no answer. Or didn't adjust this time.

F.t's hurt you, alright. but we're not that good at the stripe, either. Unless you want to bank on Bouldin missing, which you did. But even Meech made his.

I think by the time it got down to fouling and f.t.'s we had the psychological edge.

When Sacre sat, we seemed to improve. Some of your guys looked beat, frustrated and confused. I know the look. We had it versus you a few times before.

Your called play didn't work underneath because we did a better job of defensing it -- even though it was a charge, for e.g.. over and over. that can be frustrating. We frustrated. You didn't get over it. Or counter it with a better play.

We've been there. Many times. against you, among others. We were less frustrated, by the crappy refs, for e.g. and the fact that your coach should have at least gotten a T for going ape$hit when he did. Our players brushed it off. Elias Harris couldn't find his arse with either hand. Nor could he draw a foul even though you guys treated him like a rented mule while the ref swallowed his whistle.

Your coach, imo, started intentionally fouling us too soon, too.

in the final analysis, we have been in this situation alot this year and seemed better able to manage the chaos when it counted. This wasn't our plan but it has been our reality.

Our team beat a collection of future superstars. I'll take this team. this time.

Best of luck to you going forward. Most of us are big Memphis fans, too, when we're not squaring off.

Go TEAM Zags !

BobZag
02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Win C-USA and win the tourney in Tulsa. Every Zag fan is pulling for the Tigers. We need the help to stay in Spokane in March.

MJ777
02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks. If Memphis had won again today it wouldn't be much of a rivalry. Think the most recent GU-Husky series before the Pups won one.

jazzdelmar
02-06-2010, 02:54 PM
pastner is a great young coach....doing it w mirrors this year.....next year, watch out.......

TexasZagFan
02-06-2010, 02:54 PM
....your team played well, showed lots of poise down the stretch. Thought we had a shot, but missed free throws really hurt.

Good luck the rest of the, we will see you guys next year.

Or, maybe, in the big dance. But at this point, we are probably going to have to win the conference tournament to get there.

But no one here is giving up!

Job well done, very tough to play on Thursday, come to FedEx for a Saturday game, and come out on top. Congrats!

Drop me a PM around March Madness/conference tournament time. I like to hangout at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Valley Ranch. Don't know about the number of Tiger fans in the Metroplex, but there's a growing Zag alumni chapter here.

Dogtownkid
02-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Classy responses on the Memphis board!

MickMick
02-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I like Memphis!

The Tigers played hard on the defensive end and Witherspoon is a heck of a player.

Good luck the rest of the way Tiger fans.

I'm happy that the series was extended. Turning into a nice rivalry. The series is good for both programs.

jim77
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
The Tigers are a physical/talented team. They work out a a few offensive snafu's and they are there. Those guys are top 10 talent wise right now....just gotta work the bugs out. I like the Tigers but don't want to see them(this years dance...unless its in the finals :))....in fact if any team is smart they won't want to see them either. Good luck to them....TOUGH TEAM.

thespywhozaggedme
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I was in Memphis 2 weeks ago for work and despite accents as thick as molasses, they are good southern folk, plain and simple. Sure wish I had been there this weekend of course, but thanks to Philly and his justintv account, wherever I am, there the Zags are. :D

teCh0010
02-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, congrats on the win guys. You owed us one for the one we stole from you in OT in Spokane the year after Morrison graduated.

We are calling in some reinforcements for Spoon so watch out next year.

Good luck the rest of the way.

And Pastner NEVER gets mad, that is the first time.

zag69
02-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Good luck, Memphis, the rest of the season. I hope you win your conference and do well in March. Great series, great team, great fans.

anothertigerfan
02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Congrats Zags! We may have lost but I really enjoyed this game and that is one talented Gonzaga team you guys have. I will be rooting for you guys to make a deep run in the tourney this year. This series has been great for both sides and I hope it continues for many years to come. By the way, here is a great article by Gary Parrish about our series. Check it out:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12893192/memphis-gonzaga-set-example-for-other-nonbcs-programs

fedwayzag
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Anothertigerfan, thanks for the link. Great article. Would love to see St Mary's find a similar game. I think it would really help them and the conference.

rawkmandale
02-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I *heart* St. Mary's - well, not next Thursday. But I do hope they keep up their recent great work, and beat the crap out of non-conference foes down the road. Same with the other WCC teams - come on guys - have a better OOC next year.

ZagsGoZags
02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Thanks Memphis guys
the more I hear from you, and read your blogs, the more respect I have
TAKE YOUR CONFERENCE and maybe we'll meet up again this year

BlueVoodoo07
02-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I have no doubt that the Tigers will win there tourny and we will be dancing together.

seasontixholder
02-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Here is a nice comment from a Memphis poster:

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=418399

I have been fortunate to see our opponents up close and personal while working with the stat crew and without a doubt, Gonzaga has the classiest group of fans, players, coaches and administrators I have ever come into contact with. The players say "yes sir" and "no sir" when responding to the scorer's table. Not a few, ALL of them. I told M. Bouldin after the game that I have really enjoyed watching him during his career and his response was, "Thank you very much, sir. I really appreciate that." Will Foster, the 7'5" player was in the hall after the game and was one of the most pleasant young men I have ever met. I will pull for them EVERY step of the way!

bballbeachbum
02-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Here is a nice comment from a Memphis poster:

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=418399

is it any wonder why so many nonzag basketball nuts gravitate to Gonzaga basketball? I think not.

and I agree with jazz re. Coach Pastner. I like him.

sittingon50
02-07-2010, 11:11 AM
is a stud. Went to school at Arizona & graduated in 2 and a half years!!

He has been on the fast track for a long time.