PDA

View Full Version : A tale of two first halves

maynard g krebs
02-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Against Ptld, 15-15 tie halfway thru. Manny comes in and the Zags go on a 26-6 run to put the game away at halftime.

Against Memphis, Zags down 12-8 halfway thru. Manny comes in, Zags outscore Memphis 20-11 to take the 5 pt lead. Coincidence?

CDC has often spoken about how Adam's fr yr, the Zags would get in an early hole and come back when Adam came in. Different players with different ways of contributing, but it's looking like they produce similar results.

Not saying he should start. I like him off the bench, but maybe first sub rotation, or as soon as it's clear the team is struggling and needs his energy jolt.

VinnyZag
02-06-2010, 03:15 PM
He's playing a similar role to Meech last year, only better. Bringing a defensive presence off the bench.

BobZag
02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Can be a spark off the bench. We haven't seen much of his offense. He's dang good on O. Next year we'll see it.

Nevtelen
02-06-2010, 04:48 PM
My theory is that he's a little hesitant on O and perhaps even a bit streaky (it's hard to know with such a small sample size of shots) and that's why he hasn't seen more time (along with problems on D early in the season). He's certainly getting the D figured out - and how! - and I think he'll blossom nicely next season (hopefully). Right now, I don't think he can be counted on for offense, but he really brings the toughness, energy and rebounding when he's in.

bballbeachbum
02-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Against Ptld, 15-15 tie halfway thru. Manny comes in and the Zags go on a 26-6 run to put the game away at halftime.

Against Memphis, Zags down 12-8 halfway thru. Manny comes in, Zags outscore Memphis 20-11 to take the 5 pt lead. Coincidence?

CDC has often spoken about how Adam's fr yr, the Zags would get in an early hole and come back when Adam came in. Different players with different ways of contributing, but it's looking like they produce similar results.

Not saying he should start. I like him off the bench, but maybe first sub rotation, or as soon as it's clear the team is struggling and needs his energy jolt.

+1 , just eating up his opportunities, hungry!

NotoriousZ
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM

You just gotta love Manny. And yes, he's much more valuable for us off the bench right now...pure energy!!! I'm feeling really good about our team.
:cheers: