PDA

View Full Version : What the ZAGS are missing.........

TacomaZAG
02-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I thought it was very interesting last night when Bardo was asked what the Zags are missing if they want to make a deep run. His answer was essentially what a lot of people on this board have been talking about pretty much all year.....the Meech we all know is in there. Meech seems to be getting his confidence back and it is starting to show. Better jump shooting, better finishing at the rim, continued good D, continued intensity that is infectious.

We will really need him come March, and it looks like he is on the way back.

Way to go Meech, we can't wait to see you all the way back...........

The ZAGS can be scary good when we are hitting on all cylinders. Keep up the intensity.

Go ZAGS

U Zig, I Zag
02-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I thought it was very interesting last night when Bardo was asked what the Zags are missing if they want to make a deep run. His answer was essentially what a lot of people on this board have been talking about pretty much all year.....the Meech we all know is in there. Meech seems to be getting his confidence back and it is starting to show. Better jump shooting, better finishing at the rim, continued good D, continued intensity that is infectious.

We will really need him come March, and it looks like he is on the way back.

Way to go Meech, we can't wait to see you all the way back...........

The ZAGS can be scary good when we are hitting on all cylinders. Keep up the intensity.

Go ZAGS

Never thought I would be saying it, especially not out loud while at a game - and I wasn't the only one:

There were times when Meech was open and the crowd was saying, ' get it to Meech!'. People wanted him to drive, to pull up and take the shot. After all the heat he takes (me included) it was cool to see him elevate his play and get the fan's backing.

bballbeachbum
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
TJ Campbell: 1-10 FG, 7 turnovers...Demetri Goodson plain kicked his butt last night, no contest.

Next test, tomorrow vs. Memphis. Back it up Meech!!! You can do it!!!!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

WEG0TM0RRIS0N
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
As you all know, I've been one of the biggest Meech "haters" but he played great last night, and he really does have a pretty good looking shot. Should come around in a year or two.

Reborn
02-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I think Bardo is right. And Sacre needs to start getting consistent with his A game. Meech really played good last night, and his defense against Bell (in the Portland game at Portland as well) has been a key factor in our victories over the Pilots. His shooting is improving, and if that continues the Zags are going to be pretty tough to defend.

I also believe a HUGE factor for the Zags is ball movement. The passing was so beautiful last night. When we pass like that and look for each other the Zags are really, really good. Everyone was sharing the rock last night.

1973Zag
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Meech played great last night, but I will be curious to see what coach does for Memphis. Might need the size against those big guards. bet we see a lot of manny,bol, and GG, but Meech earned the start.

zagitup
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
As you all know, I've been one of the biggest Meech "haters" but he played great last night, and he really does have a pretty good looking shot. Should come around in a year or two.

I'm sure your description of yourself as a Meech "hater" is tongue in cheek, but IMHO, this kid has been getting leaned on WAY too hard in this forum.

To put things in a better perspective (again, IMHO), Goodson is a sophomore first-year starter for a top D1 program, playing what is arguably the position on the floor (PG) that has the longest learning curve, and all the while is keeping the fire in his belly and a smile on his face while getting hammered by many of the Zag faithful.

I'd hope that my own sons would be able to show the same courage and resiliency that Meech has shown us all this year.

Mark my words, by the time this kid is a senior, he'll be among the nation's elite PG's....

GO MEECH! :clap:

CDC84
02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
What Gonzaga needs out of Meech is consistency. He needs to take what he did last night and apply it to multiple games.

ZagNative
02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
What Gonzaga needs out of Meech is consistency. He needs to take what he did last night and apply it to multiple games.Okay with you if he does it one game at a time? ;)

GUZagDenver
02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I am usually the first person to call out Meech, because I think he has killed us for most of the year. That being said, he has played well in the last two games (besides the terrible FT shooting, but it's obvious he isn't the only one). I think Saturday will be a more important indicator of how he can help us come tournament time. Memphis is not the Memphis of old, but they are still extremely athletic, and much better than these crap teams in the WCC. How he stacks up against their guards will tell a lot.

DixieZag
02-05-2010, 10:13 AM
We would be wise to remember that these "crap" WCC teams have handed us a loss a very near miss and some tough times at home. Additionally we will see more of them soon. Best to respect them, if they are crap - - what are we, until last night we hadn't had a real "blow out" of anybody. Maybe SDU.

ezcure17
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Meech played great last night, hopefully it will continue...but even if he doesn't score...we are good and can still win games...BUT!!!! I thought for SURE that Bardo was going to say what I WAS THINKING...and that is we MUST GET BETTER at the FT line if we are seriously are going to DO ANYTHING in March!!

I mean we have guys who can pick up other guys when they need it...but come on...we can NOT be so HORRIBLE from the FT line..

Don't you all remember how much we LOVED shooting FT in years past...we use to make up deficts against teams without having the clock move...and we NEVER...and I mean NEVER used to worry about going to the line...We welcomed it..anyone miss D Rav going to the line...the net almost never even MOVED when he shot them...

If we can pick up the FT..watch out...we will GO FAR!!!!

Tell me what YOU think about this!!!

JohnOGU
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Meech has the ability to be a really good PG right now. His skills have defintely taken a leap up from last year. The only thing holding Meech back game to gme is Meech. There's no reason he can't play like he did last night on a nightly basis. Atta baby, Meech!

Bocco
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I suspect there might have been a couple of years in the past when we all would have been bemoaning our poor free throw percentage if DRav hadn't been making them at a 90% clip.