PDA

View Full Version : GU/SMC for all the marbles

1973Zag
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Memphis is for rankings/seeding/payback---but SMC is to keep the conference streak alive. Don't see the Gaels loosing anywhere else, so looks like we're gonna have to end their dream again. For now, on to Memphis, but hope tonight's Zags show up thursday

bigblahla
02-05-2010, 05:28 AM
The Gaels are not invincible and subject to the same USF effect. They can drop a game to anyone. Great offense, good defense but not the most athletic team.

The Broncos played them tough for the first half last night.

Would love for the Gaels to fall to us and have Portland step up and beat them along with one more WCC team so they have to play themselves into the semi finals of the WCC tournament.

Sounds good to me .

Go!! Zags!!!

whatazag
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
The Gaels are not invincible and subject to the same USF effect. They can drop a game to anyone. Great offense, good defense but not the most athletic team.

The Broncos played them tough for the first half last night.

Would love for the Gaels to fall to us and have Portland step up and beat them along with one more WCC team so they have to play themselves into the semi finals of the WCC tournament.

Sounds good to me .

Go!! Zags!!!

Really not to our advantage for this to happen. As far as our seeding goes, it looks a lot better for us to have beaten St Mary's 3 times as a top 50 RPI team, which they will probably only be if they win all of their games except vs us.

ZagInTexas
02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Really not to our advantage for this to happen. As far as our seeding goes, it looks a lot better for us to have beaten St Mary's 3 times as a top 50 RPI team, which they will probably only be if they win all of their games except vs us.

Agreed. What's best for the Zags is a strong SMC team that we beat three times. I don't like the us and everyone else model. Not good for the Zags. Not good for the reputation of the league. Plus, I want to see three GU-SMC games this year. Those are the two best teams in the league and the ones that will be considered for NCAA at-large bids. However, SMC will have a HUGE challenge at Portland. Pilots are a dangerous team at home.