PDA

View Full Version : One Week Til the WooHoo Express Hits Spokane

El Voce
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
We are just one week (and counting) until the WooHoo Express hits town. His schedule of events is still somewhat fluid, but it appears that I (along with, most likely, Hondo and Sec 116) will most likely guide him around the GU area on Thursday.

Tentative plans would include lunch at Dominis, a must-see for out of towners. How many of you folks think you would be up for a 1 PM lunch date next Thursday at Dominis? A rare chance to see WooHoo and his bro!

Pregame, I believe that BobZag is planning a David's Pizza get-together. Not sure of the time for that. Perhaps Bob can enlighten on that.

Since WooHoo belongs to a much younger demographic than those listed in the first paragraph, other younger people will need to show WooHoo the hot night spots in downtown Spokane on the weekend nights.

Perhaps we could all chip in to give WooHoo an hour or so at Al's Motel?:)

Can someone speak to the Kennel Club, and gain WooHoo and bro admittance to the front row for the SMC game? He belongs there!

BobZag
02-03-2010, 04:07 PM
David's Pizza starts at 4:30.

Everybody is welcome.

:)

primal23
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Can Spokane survive Woohoo's timewarp? :D

UberZagFan
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Why anyone would not give this thread 5 stars is beyond Uber. It was at 3 until Uber gave it 5.

UberZagFan
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
And FWIW, Uber proposes that February 11 from this day forward shall be known as "Woohoo Fan Appreciation Day!"

TheZagPhish
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
And FWIW, Uber proposes that February 11 from this day forward shall be known as "Woohoo Fan Appreciation Day!"

Motion seconded.

Zagregious
02-03-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.dreamweaverpro.com/images/woohoo_express.jpg

El Voce
02-03-2010, 09:28 PM

Hear, hear! Consider it done. Now we just need to get the Mayor on board.

ID ZAGFAN
02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I am still lobbying for the Woohoo Express to visit North Idaho (Sandpoint) on Friday.

ID ZAGFAN

zagirl2k
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Woohoo will be in very capable hands that weekend. It looks like Woohoo is going to have his own posse! I can't wait to hear the reports.

that post made me crave a Domini's roast beef sandwich and some popcorn. hadn't thought about that place in a long time!! wish we could be there.

Rangerzag
02-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Bump, for position, 'cause that why you bump.

gozagswoohoo
02-04-2010, 06:33 AM
I have a feeling I am going to gain 15 pounds on this trip. haha. And I can't WAIT!!

And my own day?? Thanks guys!!

And this is going to be the longest week of my life, I'm already having trouble going to sleep, just cuz I've got this whole trip and the games running through my head. I can barely contain my excitement.

a13coach
02-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Wait, what? WooHoo is coming to town? Where the heck have I been? Who didn't tell me? Heads are going to roll. [/sarcasm]

Yea I bumped it. FOO or Die!

former1dog
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Wait, what? WooHoo is coming to town? Where the heck have I been? Who didn't tell me? Heads are going to roll. [/sarcasm]

Yea I bumped it. FOO or Die!

Lock up your women. ;)

ID ZAGFAN
02-04-2010, 10:16 AM
I am still lobbying for the Woohoo Express to visit North Idaho (Sandpoint) on Friday.

ID ZAGFAN

BooHoo, WooHoo!!! :mecry:

Does the Friday golf plan mean you won't be coming to North Idaho on Friday?

ID ZAGFAN

zagsmyboys
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
I think we need to find a way to get WooHoo some VIP treatment!! Maybe someone on the board can hook him up to meet some players!! I know that Matt likes to hang at Marqui (sp?). We really need to put our heads together!! The fact that he gets to go to one of the BEST games of the year, would be gretaly joined with some autographs!! Lets do it!!!:D

LynetteG
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
How many of you folks think you would be up for a 1 PM lunch date next Thursday at Dominis?
I'll be there!

gozagswoohoo
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I think we need to find a way to get WooHoo some VIP treatment!! Maybe someone on the board can hook him up to meet some players!! I know that Matt likes to hang at Marqui (sp?). We really need to put our heads together!! The fact that he gets to go to one of the BEST games of the year, would be gretaly joined with some autographs!! Lets do it!!!:D

I'm going to have to 2nd this idea! :D

And ID ZAGFAN, I think we're moving that trek to Saturday. Will you be around??

ID ZAGFAN
02-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm going to have to 2nd this idea! :D

And ID ZAGFAN, I think we're moving that trek to Saturday. Will you be around??

We'll be here--unless we get tickets to the game--but it is very unlikely.
Will know the Wednesday before if we get them.

ID ZAGFAN

gu03alum
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Dominis and Davids sounds delicious.

FOO Bump and five stars

NontradZag
02-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Bump

gozagswoohoo
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey, just another idea here, if any of you guys in the Spokane area know of a rec center, or anywhere that will have an open gym on any one of the days I'll be there, LET ME KNOW!!

Zagpower
02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey, just another idea here, if any of you guys in the Spokane area know of a rec center, or anywhere that will have an open gym on any one of the days I'll be there, LET ME KNOW!!

It's called The MAC. GU petitioned the WCC and you have been allowed to take the court with the Zags as an added 6th man.

Will that be an advantage to us or them. :D

gozagswoohoo
02-04-2010, 02:25 PM
It's called The MAC. GU petitioned the WCC and you have been allowed to take the court with the Zags as an added 6th man.

Will that be an advantage to us or them. :D

PMTA. I was an 80% FT shooter in HS....

Zagpower
02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
80%? So much for the Hack a Woohoo Strategy.

PMTA? I had to google that:

Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association
Pressão Máxima de Trabalho Admissível
Protein Mannosyltransferase
Pine Mountain Trail Association
Philadelphia Marine Trade Association
Pensacola Music Teachers Association
Parallel Multipole Tree Algorithm
Professional Master Technicians Association
Prime Meridian Trail Association
Plano Music Teachers Association
Pittsburgh Major Trading Area
Performance Monitoring, Training and Assessment
Property Management Training Association
Practice Midterm Answers
:confused:

gozagswoohoo
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
80%? So much for the Hack a Woohoo Strategy.

PMTA? I had to google that:

Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association
Pressão Máxima de Trabalho Admissível
Protein Mannosyltransferase
Pine Mountain Trail Association
Philadelphia Marine Trade Association
Pensacola Music Teachers Association
Parallel Multipole Tree Algorithm
Professional Master Technicians Association
Prime Meridian Trail Association
Plano Music Teachers Association
Pittsburgh Major Trading Area
Performance Monitoring, Training and Assessment
Property Management Training Association
Practice Midterm Answers
:confused:

Oopsy, it's my short hand abbreviation for "Pretty Much Totally Awesome".

I'm gonna need to call Google about getting it put in their list.

NontradZag
02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Bump #2.

Whoo Hoo.

NontradZag
02-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Bump #3. MBB WHOO HOO!

LynetteG
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM

woohoo, I am sure one of your hosts will take you to the Warehouse, across the street from the school, owned by John Stockton, with the old Utah Jazz court inside.

http://www.warehouseathletics.com/

The Warehouse Story

The WAREHOUSE, located at 800 North Hamilton Street, in Spokane, is directly across the street from Gonzaga University's new basketball arena. The facility is connected to the campus by The Centennial Trail footbridge.

The Facility was built by John Stockton in 2002 as a comprehensive athletic and recreation center. The Warehouse hosts a number of Gonzaga University basketball and baseball programs and events. It features 5 full basketball courts, 6 regulation volleyball courts, and indoor baseball complex, and a fitness/dance studio.

We host or offer a variety of sports and recreational activities. We also host a number of leagues and events for community sports organizations in youth basketball, volleyball and soccer. The Warehouse is available for large event rental of a non-athletic nature. The facility features seminar and classroom space, as well as an outdoor patio and courtyard.

We hope to continue to serve and enhance sports and recreation in the Inland Empire. Please visit any of our menu items above for further information.

Thank you for your patronage.

El Voce
02-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Yes, the Warehouse will be part of the tour. He may even see the exterior of the house John S. grew up in.

gozagswoohoo
02-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Yes, the Warehouse will be part of the tour. He may even see the exterior of the house John S. grew up in.

Woohoo!!

Angelo Roncalli
02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Who's taking Woohoo to the Rainbow Tavern?

a13coach
02-05-2010, 09:22 AM
:lmao:
That will have to be one of the young'uns. Even if I said "But WooHoo needs to get the whole GU/Spokane experience and it was my duty", Mrs. A13 wouldn't buy it and I would be looking to keep warm sleeping in the basement.
Anyone remember their motto?

gozagswoohoo
02-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Rainbow Tavern?? My bro and I accidentally walked into a bar called "Cocktails" once...and I'll just say it wasn't our kinda bar. Is it that type of deal?

LynetteG
02-05-2010, 10:26 AM

are you talking about Dempsey's with the drag show?

zagsmyboys
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Actually the Rainbow is an "Underclassed" kinda strip club with topless waitresses.....they are yucky....If you ask me, you would have WAY more fun feeding the goat. Of course if your looking for a laugh....than you can hit the Rainbow!! Other than that like I said earlier....we need to get you some autographs and stuff. I have an autographed game schedual from this year I wouldn't mind giving up!! I actually have 3 of them and a Signed GU ball!! I think it would be more fun for you to get the autographs yourself!! Matt is an awesome guy and well worth meeting!! I am still trying to see what I can do!!:D

gozagswoohoo
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Matt is an awesome guy and well worth meeting!! I am still trying to see what I can do!!:D

Ah...what I would give!!!

ID ZAGFAN
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have the connections with Heister, Tim Lewis (?) of Krem2, Hudson, etc. to get Woohoo interviewed? Seems like it would be a cool story.

:p

ID ZAGFAN

sittingon50
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Tim Lewis is on this board frequently. Hey Tim, some face time for WooHoo?

gu03alum
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
6 days until WOOHOO bump

primal23
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
are you talking about Dempsey's with the drag show?

A friend of my wife and I used to be the head Diva at the drag show there.

Edited to fix my error, and a thank you to gu03alum. That's what I get for trying to do three things at once >< :)

gu03alum
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I friend of my wife and I used to be the head Diva at the drag show there.

Wait was it you or a friend?

a13coach
02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Rainbow Tavern?? My bro and I accidentally walked into a bar called "Cocktails" once...and I'll just say it wasn't our kinda bar. Is it that type of deal?

No not that type, unless it has changed, but I doubt considering its location.
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=237056

gu03alum
02-06-2010, 08:16 AM
5 Days till WOOHOO bump

gu03alum
02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
3 more day until Woohoo

Bump

GUinSTL
02-08-2010, 07:01 AM
I've been telling anybody who will listen about my buddy "woohoo" and how he's recieving this outpouring of graciousness that i simply cannot imagine happening at any institution other than Gonzaga. I thought that the story would eventually get passed along, and he'd end up as a human interest story on Krem2. It should.
I mean, it all seems like a kick in the pants to casually grab a beer with Woohoo (and it is!), but step back and take a look at what an incredible thing we have going on here. Big picture. Perfect strangers going out of their way to make sure a couple hardcore Midwest Zag fans get the royal treatment. I'm enjoying watching this unfold for my friends. It makes me damn proud to be a Zag fan, and damn proud to be from Spokane.
I have already warned Woohoo that there is a lot of pressure on him to be cool, so I'm sure he'll be on his PMTA behavior. Keep up the great work everybody!
Oh... and if Woohoo and Travis should end up at the Vu for some reason, don't let them spend any time with the "3 ugly ones." They deserve better! :)
~B