PDA

View Full Version : Imagine getting this soph

BobZag
04-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Elijah Johnson, 6-2 SO PG Las Vegas (Nev.) Cheyenne. Johnson is a very explosive, athletic point guard in the mold of a Baron Davis. Hes got a great body and his physical tools are among the best in his class. He can shoot it from three-point range, but also get to the rim at will. He sometimes plays off the ball with the Houston Hoops. Thats a big mistake on the part of the Hoops coach, as Johnson is a player you want handling the ball. He showed excellent passing ability last summer, with terrific vision, and a very good overall feel. He can sometimes get a little careless if he tries to do too much, but thats a pretty minor criticism. His upside is off the charts. With development, hes got a chance to be the best point guard in the country.

4EVERaZAG
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Doesn't appear that he seems too interested on playing on the West Coast.
But he does sound like a unique talent. GPA is a little low too.
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/636106.html

Elijah Johnson, a 6-2 sophomore point guard from Las Vegas, has the kind of tools and skills that gets college coaches excited. While it's still very early in his recruitment, he tells us that there are a few schools he likes at the moment...

Elijah Johnson, 6-2 SO PG Las Vegas (Nev.) Cheyenne, is an explosive athlete with a very high skill level. Johnson can get to the rim at will, shoot to the stripe and create for his teammates. Hes still young, and needs to learn to maintain his focus, but hes got a very high upside. As of this writing, hes the top West Coast point guard prospect in 2009 and hes got a chance to be one of the best prospects in the country.

We spoke with Johnson briefly about the early stages of his recruitment. We asked Johnson about the schools that hes currently interested in.

I like Kansas, Memphis and Texas, said Johnson. I like the way those schools play. Id kind of like to get away from the West Coast. If I did stay in the west, the one school I would consider is UCLA. I watched them some this year and they play hard and work hard. And they never give up, no matter the score.

We asked Johnson if he has given much thought to the timing of his decision.

I havent thought about it, said Johnson. I really never even thought about recruiting. Ill talk with my Dad, but we really havent even talked about it yet.

We asked Johnson if hes talked with any coaches yet.

Ive talked with Iowa State, Idaho and UCLA, said Johnson.

Johnson told us he currently has a 2.3 GPA.

laszagas
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I work with Cheyenne High School's yearbook staff. I run the photography studio that takes the yearbook pics- which include all the sports. I will definitely be attending games to shoot team pics and candids of the team for the yearbook. I am excited to see this kid play. I will post some pics of him in action next year. Sounds like a no-shot to get him, but if I keep whispering Gonzaga while I'm around the team, maybe a miracle will happen!

BobZag
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
I work with Cheyenne High School's yearbook staff. I run the photography studio that takes the yearbook pics- which include all the sports. I will definitely be attending games to shoot team pics and candids of the team for the yearbook. I am excited to see this kid play. I will post some pics of him in action next year. Sounds like a no-shot to get him, but if I keep whispering Gonzaga while I'm around the team, maybe a miracle will happen!

Try the subliminal thing, like "Nice game (Gonzaga), Eli, and that (Go Zags) dunk was sick! Let me take a (Go to Gonzaga) pic of you."

sonuvazag
04-27-2007, 10:34 AM
If he's into a particular girl, get her some Gonzaga gear.

sdzag
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Then get that girl A letter of intent for him to sign on the condition of a date!

sittingon50
04-27-2007, 11:47 AM
So does the NCAA have an 800 #?:lmao:

lothar98zag
04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I hope Kelvin Sampson doesn't read this board. He'd be getting a lot of new recruiting "ideas" if he did...

pbriz
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
sounds like a definite one and done kind of guy. Would be nice tho....