PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 1 Episode Mark Few radio show

ZagNative
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
The noon show with Tom Hudson and Mark Few is always my favorite for getting a real sense of what Coach Few is up to, and it's been frustrating that only Spokane folks can hear it, so I found a way to record and upload it. The sound quality is not great, but I think it's intelligible and not too annoying. It's definitely better than what I get on the Walkman I usually listen to the games wearing.

I recorded it in two segments. The first is the Mark Few portion of the interview (22 minutes) and the second is a Grant Gibbs interview. The audio is the sound track for a slide show, the Mark Few Interview featuring photos of the USF game, and Grant's Interview featuring a few photos of him. I'm just learning how to do this, so hope it works.

I really enjoyed the show today! (By he way, the Mark Few Interview was joined in progress. Also, I haven't figured a way to edit out the commercials using my primitive system.)

Mark Few Show (22 mins.)

Grant Gibbs Interview (about 10 mins.)

Do not hammer on me if this adventure turns out to be a miserable failure, okay?

EDITED TO CHANGE: DELETED THE VIDEOS PER ZAGGIN' IT'S REQUEST. SORRY. I DIDN'T KNOW THE MONDAY SHOW WAS ACCESSIBLE IN THE SUBSCRIPTION SITE AT GOZAGS (http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=gonz&media=149525).

IT WAS A FUN EXPERIMENT. THAT'S WHAT YOU OUT-OF-TOWNERS GET FOR THINKING YOU COULD BUST OUT OF THE 509 AND THE BROADCAST REACH OF KGA!

misszigzag
02-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you for posting this! It is really appreciated.

(Sound quality is great by the way)

gamagin
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
The noon show with Tom Hudson and Mark Few is always my favorite for getting a real sense of what Coach Few is up to, and it's been frustrating that only Spokane folks can hear it, so I found a way to record and upload it. The sound quality is not great, but I think it's intelligible and not too annoying. It's definitely better than what I get on the Walkman I usually listen to the games wearing.

I recorded it in two segments. The first is the Mark Few portion of the interview (22 minutes) and the second is a Grant Gibbs interview. The audio is the sound track for a slide show, the Mark Few Interview featuring photos of the USF game, and Grant's Interview featuring a few photos of him. I'm just learning how to do this, so hope it works.

I really enjoyed the show today! (By he way, the Mark Few Interview was joined in progress. Also, I haven't figured a way to edit out the commercials using my primitive system.)

Mark Few Show (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/C08iHpISp8eedwCrvveDWg?authkey=Gv1sRgCLjP06uL8PvKn QE&feat=directlin)(22 mins.)

Grant Gibbs Interview (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a9BnbGGx-mQOkqV6Qweb8A?authkey=Gv1sRgCLjP06uL8PvKnQE&feat=directlink) (about 10 mins.)

Do not hammer on me if this adventure turns out to be a miserable failure, okay?

Pure genius !

It's a shame the stations that are starved for more listeners can't come up with this.

sigh.

thanks !

ZagMan in Philly
02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Zagnative..you are awesome! Greatly appreciated.

zagdad
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
That was great

LinnMarZag
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for posting that!
Grant is very well spoken. A fine rep. for your school.
LMZ

ID ZAGFAN
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Thank you! Gracias! Merci! Qujannamiik! Dogedinh! Ndi a livhuha! Danke!
Mahsi! Limlemtsch! Kinanāskomitin! in acaa muoc!

I enjoyed that very much!

ID ZAGFAN

ZagNative
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Very exciting day for ZagNative today! A real Wells-Fargo-Wagon's-a-Coming sort of day! Doorbell rings at 11:42 a.m. "Can it be my Radio Shark arriving!!!?" Sure enough! 15 minutes to hack away at that cotton-pickin' plastic covering and get my Radio Shack radio/recorder operating in time for the Mark Few Show at noon.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/S2eYpApryMI/AAAAAAAAFGw/GQfW5O-otr8/Radio%20shark.jpg

It is a local radio receiver that plugs into my computer via USB and lets me save a recording as an MP3 file. From there, I just had to figure out a way to get the recording uploaded. Easiest way I found was to create a movie in Picasa, using the sound file as audio.

Additional neat feature is that I can set it up to automatically record the show every Monday at noon, so I don't forget.

Ordered it from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/RADIOSHARK2-Am-fm-Radio-Recorder/dp/B000L6OYIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265081236&sr=1-1) Thursday, delivered Monday before noon, $40. I love it when a plan comes together!

ZagNative
02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for posting that!
Grant is very well spoken. A fine rep. for your school.
LMZGrant is very well-spoken, indeed. A fine rep for Gonzaga and for Marion, IA as well. He has all the ear-markings of a true Zag and someone we'll talk about fondly one day after he's done at Gonzaga.

I was amused somewhat listening to Few talk about him and then listening to Grant, because I'm not real sure that Grant is hearing what I'm hearing Few say - that they love him to death and his offensive game is coming along great, but he needs to learn to stay in front of his guy on defense, and he shouldn't count on a ton more minutes until he does.

Grant, on the other hand, is saying he needs more minutes, to get in a flow and show what he can do and improve. What he needs to do is dazzle on defense. Like a lot of Zags past, I think the offensive game is where his heart is.

Tmac5360
02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Pure and simple Native you kick ass!!! At least until the next time I don't agree with you. HAHA

ZagNative
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Pure and simple Native you kick ass!!! At least until the next time I don't agree with you. HAHAAdmit it: You're coveting my Radio Shark, even as we speak.

Radbooks
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks so much!!! As someone who lives out of town, I really appreciate you doing this, ZagNative.

It also makes me wish I could watch the games with the sound off and listen to the games on the radio. :)

hondo
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
If a certain friend who might be a wee bit tech challenged were to buy one of these things would ZN provide help in set up?

Zag 77
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Few displays, compared to what one reads on these threads.

Zaggin' it
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Media rights are big business and I'm not sure something like this is going to fly. I'm pretty sure recording shows and making them available on the internet is controlled pretty tightly. Better check with someone on that.

ZagNative
02-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks to a pm from Zaggin' It, I discovered that the Mark Few Show Mondays at Noon is carried on GoZags' subscription site, so that uploading it from local radio would cut into their revenue stream. Last time I tried to find the noon show on the subscription channel, I couldn't find it there. It's there now. I would not have uploaded the audio if I thought it were available on the subscription site. I deleted the uploads. Sorry.

Oh, well, at least my Radio Shark will let me record and listen to the shows so maybe I can take really good notes for a change.

Word to the wise: As we say in the spy business, Zaggin' It is a media Mole!

http://tp4ww.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Mole.jpg

NYCCzag
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I have subscribed to the Gozags site. Why is it telling me that the radio show is unavailable? The radio show for the second item (SFU coach) works fine. Why is it this happening.