• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnOGU
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2008

Lunardi Bracketology: Gonzaga #6 seed in San Jose

Looks like this is the current projection. Id post the link, but I'm on my cellphone... Pretty surprising.

One thing i was also shocked about is BYU being a 3 seed, even after losing to UNM.
  • surfmonkey89
    Not Roy Orbison
    • Feb 2007

The fact of the matter is that everyone is watching us because of this whole Spokane in the first two rounds thing, and they're going to use any excuse they can to NOT put us there if they can at all avoid it.

The only way is to win out.

Comment

• krozman
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

As much as I'd love to be in Spokane for two rounds, I'm not exactly concerned over going to San Jose. We won more road / neutral games than anyone in the country. Bring on the wins, More W and less TAINT!

Because everyone will say that Spokane wins will be tainted
      Krozman
      GU student 1996-2000
      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• d2zag
        Kennel Club Material
        • Oct 2009

IMO, this is a bunch of crap. Zags a sixth seed? I don't think so. If we win out we will at least be a 5 seed, if not a four. Even if we lose to Memphis, I think we will get a 5 seed. If we lose another WCC game, then Lunardi can think about putting us as a 6+ seed.
        In Few We Trust.

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Jerry Palm (www.collegerpi.com) dropped the Zags from a 3 to a 4, but still has them in Spokane fwiw.

His bracket of this morning also has the Gaels in Spokane, playing Tennessee in the 12/5 game. I'd take Omar et al in that one.
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• marczagfan
            Bulldog Fan
            • Oct 2008

In all honesty this is a fair bracket for the zags. If we were to be a 6 seed, which honestly is fair based on our play the last 4 games, I would love to have this bracket. Not over looking maryland, but having BYU as the 3 seed in our bracket would be nice, they have tanked in the NCAA's the past few years and they are probably the worst of the 3 seed's. We have to remember, the committee not only looks at who we beat but they also look at our losses, unfortunately a loss to USF really hurts us compared to a 5 or 6 loss team in a BCS conference. The drumming we took from Duke hurts as well. We also lost to wake at home and wake is a middle of the road ACC team in a down year for the ACC. Right now, we have a chance to move up to a 4 or 5 seed if we win out and a shot at spokane, if we lose one or two more games we are probably looking at a 6 or 7 seed.

It all comes down to winning the games one at a time. I'm sure the zags don't care at all about the bracket (or at least they shouldn't) the focus now needs to be on the Pilots. If the zags take care of their games, the seeding will fall into place. No time to look ahead now (thats what the GU board is for).

Here is to getting back on the right track this week, and its a big week to do so.

Comment

• ZagHouse
              Kennel Club
              • Jan 2009

Bracketologismist

All the speculation that one loss has dropped us out of playing in Spokane as a 4 or a 5 and Mr. Lunardi has us at this and the sky has now fallen and crushed my house (I'm barely able to type this) and my dreams for this team, has me a bit perplexed. I think it would be great to see the team play in Spokane, but I'd rather them perform at a high level regardless of their seed come March. Even if we won out and were a 4 or a 5, there's no guarantee the committee would even put is here. While a high seed in your home town is favorable, this team has gone on the road in some hostile arenas and performed admirably. Just play well in March--that's all I care about.

Comment

Working...
              X