PDA

View Full Version : No Patience and Expect Perfection

Zag 77
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
A little pre-season perspective. A bunch of freshmen replacing a bunch of seniors that went to the Sweet 16. Freshmen surprise and play better than expected and expectations go through the roof. Rankings put us higher than we should be. Hungry, motivated WCC opponents await our arrival for weeks. Santa Clara loses but beats us up physically before USF. Lingering problems with free throws and a couple of road calls put us in the position of getting tied in regulation on a fluke play.

Seriously, almost nobody thought we were going undefeated in WCC play with one senior and one junior in the starting lineup. That does not mean that this group cannot be very successful this season, but it is not going to be a straight line.

It is not a big surprise that frustration gets vented here right after a loss, but hopefully after a day or two people chill out.

77Zag
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
+1

Must be the maturity of the poster(s) :D

Face it, we have become very spoiled. We want a final four and we want it now!!

JohnOGU
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I absolutely agree with the preseason opinions/projections of this team. But when these guys showed us how great they can be, all of that kind of went out the window for me. It goes back to the "we aren't rebuilding, we're reloading".

The way we've played in the past few games is just unacceptable. And it's not because we're young, or inexperienced, it's because we flat out just didn't show up to play as a great team that we are capable of being.

bartruff1
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
One day this place is full of posts about wet dream #1 seeds and final fours and national championships and a game later it is full of posts about nightmares.. They are doing great...it looks like another 20+ wins...a likely WCC Championship and a trip to the NCAA...that is not unacceptable to me...I just rewatched the SF Game and yes, they lost (again) but there was some really goodstuff... Meech and Rob showed some real improvement....Grant showed some real promise and poise...Bouldin was Bouldin especially at the end.....Harris is unstoppable....Gray busted his butt...and WILL....what a move... a couple bounces and a couple calls even a couple free throws and .... love these kids and I can't wait till Thurs.. I do wish young Raivio was going to finish his college career on the court...