PDA

View Full Version : Don't take this wrong...

Spike94
01-31-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't like losing. Actually I hate it. But, I actually am happy in a way for Dior Lowhorn. He has been one of the best players in the league for the past 4 years on one of the worst programs in the country. Had 3 different coaches and an athletic department that seems to not give a crap about their basketball program. He played well. Maybe his best game in his career. We will be ok. No big deal with us losing. Congrats to Dior and his teammates.

FuManShoes
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm with you. He did all he could to get this win and the Zags were kind enough to lend a helping hand :)

ronh_pm
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't like losing. Actually I hate it. But, I actually am actually happy in a way for Dior Lowhorn. He has been one of the best players in the league for the past 4 years on one of the worst programs in the country. Had 3 different coaches and an athletic department that seems to not give a crap about their basketball program. He played well. Maybe his best game in his career. We will be ok. No big deal with us losing. Congrats to Dior and his teammates.

Thanks for bringing me back to the positive side. It's too easy to not see the forest for the trees.

alaskazagnut
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
But I do wish some extreme bad play for ALL our opponents. Hey I don't mind if Lowhorn gets the scoring title, but I am never happy if we lose and therefore I am not happy Lowhorn had such a good night against us. I am one-sided and most of our losses are because 1 guy gets hot from 3 point land. Just look at the regular season losses the last decade. That is the biggest way that teams who rank below us can win. Jack up the 3's and run run run.

We have to fight fire with fire. Fight more, faster and better.

Good job Lowhorn but I hope you miss all your shots against us again in the future.:D

siliconzag
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
I was at both games. There was a part of me that felt very happy for Mr. Lowhorn who would possibly be an All American if he had a supporting cast.
What a great player. And clutch too. It was a fun game to watch, and it was kind of cute to see those kids celebrating like they had won the world cup.

Gonzaga is a better team that I thought they would be early on this year, but they are troubled by a fairly inept defensive strategy (and execution of it), and secondly they are a 3 horse show, as JDM has said.

Stop the big three and you stop the Zags. Until there appears another dimension, they will find it difficult to excel.

Sili

ZagNative
01-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Yup, I had to save this shot of Lowhorn, right, celebrating. He had it coming, and I didn't begrudge him his celebration.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/S2Y866VwwrI/AAAAAAAAE7s/0vYBbyuTyEs/2010-01-30%20Dior%20Lowhorn%20at%20San%20Francisco.jpg

alaskazagnut
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Yup, I had to save this shot of Lowhorn, right, celebrating. He had it coming, and I didn't begrudge him his celebration.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/S2Y866VwwrI/AAAAAAAAE7s/0vYBbyuTyEs/2010-01-30%20Dior%20Lowhorn%20at%20San%20Francisco.jpg

I just despise that it happened against us. I'm not going to focus on how great Lowhorn played because we did not defend very well. In losses my cup is half empty. In wins my cup is all full. I am jaded I guess.

Ezag
01-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Nope don't agree and call me what you will, but I don't like to lose period and rarely give a rats a** about someone else's good fortunes at our expense. But damn, Lowhorn was the difference at least on their end.

Reborn
01-31-2010, 09:53 PM
It's no secret that Harris is a poor defensive player. He finally had to guard someone in the WCC. Hope we don't meet up with them in the tournament. But his poor defense will keep him at GU for at least another year I think. That's good news. My expectations are dropping drastically at this point. They haven't really played well in three weeks

Well see if this loss wakes them up.

Zag79
01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
It's no secret that Harris is a poor defensive player. i didnt know it was that easy to blame one guy on a team that plays alot of zone. from where i watch the games, our guys are mixing it up, switching, running all over the floor and sometimes the opposition is still open. and they have been for years. a decade now. its not on harris alone. if his team mate goes under or over a switch it can make the difference if a shooter is open and thats not his fault. thats merely one example. no excuse for losing, especially when you cant hit ft's in a close game. 1 more FREE throw is made and we win in regulation. period. call me a poor sport, but just looking at the pic of SF celebrating makes me sick. im not happy for them at all.

EngineerZag
02-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Totally agree about the zone, and I don't get it when we have a team of the caliber that we have this year. Why not play man-to-man? And why not occasionally trap and double team the ballhandler like USF was doing to us? Fight fire with fire ...

ZagLawGrad
02-01-2010, 07:57 AM
... My expectations are dropping drastically at this point.. .

This is why you are so unhappy right now. Don't expect so much from this team. Enjoy the ride, wherever it takes 'em.

former1dog
02-01-2010, 09:03 AM
I know this makes me a poor sport, but I'm just not all that happy for Lowhorn.

Congrats to him and his team though, they were the better team on Saturday.

ExtremeJim
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Dior Lowhorn...has been one of the best players in the league for the past 4 years on one of the worst programs in the country. Had 3 different coaches...

Actually, Lowhorn turned his nose up at recruiting offers from several WCC schools, and accepted a scholarship to play for Bobby Knight at Texas Tech as a freshman, so he's only been in the WCC for 3 years, and has had FOUR different coaches in his career, now.

His motivation for transferring to USF seems to have been playing time and personal stats, which might have as much to do with his being consistently overlooked for Player of the Year as the quality of the USF teams on which he has played. He is a fine player, but he also has been quite consciously building a statistical resume for NBA consideration, essential for an undersized power forward. I won't say I wasn't happy for him when they won, but I was more unhappy that the Zags lost.