• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

“I need to quit talking about stuff like that the prior week,” Few said."

From Meehan's Day-After Santa Clara Post: Tongue in cheek?
    Gonzaga had 12 turnovers in the first half against the aggressive Broncos. The Bulldogs were better in the second half, finishing the game with 17 turnovers while making 48.1 percent of their shots.

“I need to quit talking about stuff like that the prior week,” Few said. “I told the guys we’re shooting 50 percent, eighth best in the country and the only thing that stops us is when we get careless with the ball. So we promptly went out and turned it over 12 times. Part of it was silly, not making easy plays, and the other part was just not being tough. We were kind of panicking against double teams. We were getting shoved around and they were just physically taking the ball from us.”
    “Rob (Sacre) has to get going here. We’re trying to get him some touches. We need to stick with him and I think he’ll break out pretty soon. We’ve been looking. We tried Bol (Kong), we tried ‘Meech’ (Demetri Goodson), Manny (Arop), and (Thursday) it was Manny.”

It was Grant Gibbs chipping in eight points and six rebounds against Loyola Marmount last Saturday. All of Olynyk’s six points and three rebounds came in the second half of Thursday’s win. He also had seven points against LMU.

Arop was effective at both ends of the court against Santa Clara. He scored four points, grabbed a pair of rebounds, blocked two shots and had two steals in 15 second-half minutes. His tip-in gave Gonzaga the lead for good, 65-64, with 4 minutes left.

Sacre, who delivered a key jump hook in the closing minutes, has yet to reach double figures in a WCC game after averaging 12.3 in the non conference. Goodson’s non-conference scoring average of 6.9 has dropped to 5.2 in the WCC. Kong has scored three points or less in five of six conference games.

Thanks.

Thanks, ZN.

Love Meehan's reports. He always gives us stuff nobody else does.

ID ZAGFAN

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

A lot of interesting tidbits. Good job, Jim.

I hope Coach Few is right about Rob.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Matty

Saw Matt Bouldin in the hotel lobby this morning and asked him how he was doing. “Sore,” came his reply.

Bouldin took everything but a standing eight count on Thursday night. He was knocked off his feet on a breakaway late in the first half. He eventually made both free throws. A few minutes later, he was popped in the mouth.

“I feel like I’ve never got hit that many times in my life,” he said.

Bouldin played 40 minutes for the third time in six WCC games.
        I sat directly above the GU basket in the 2nd half, and folks, Matty took a beating. Every time he made a cut, bump. Every time he handled the ball, bump. I would imagine that he hurts.

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

CDC, it looked like SMC decided to play like the Cincy Bearcats last night. Not surprised Bouldin feels like he played a football game without pads.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bigblahla
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

What breed of Zebras are these?

oops
            "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Working...
            X