• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUZagDenver
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2008

How How How....

can a starting point guard be this bad??????????? Please take a minute and just look at these numbers:

53% from the free throw line.

10% from the 3 point line.

.97 assist/turnover ratio. (36 assists/37 turnovers)

1.8 assists/game (25 minutes/game)

The numbers are terrible!!!!!!!!! And I am really a true believer that numbers don't always tell the whole story. In this case, they do!!! Meech will never be a good enough defender to justify these numbers, and if you really watch the games (which I do, usually several times), his speed only benefits the offense about once or twice a game. Our fast break points usually come from Matt and Steven bringing the ball up and getting out on the break. I love Mark Few, I really do, but I can't believe he keeps giving Meech the minutes that he does.
  • zag944
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

i think playing Arop yesterday in crunch time yesterday was somewhat telling at least.

Demetri is a good defender, but I dont think we are losing much on that end of the court with Bouldin playing point and having KO or Arop in the game.

side question: why did Meech have #35 yesterday?

Comment

• Colbyspapa
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zag944 View Post

His Jersey ripped.

Comment

• 77Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by zag944 View Post
        i think playing Arop yesterday in crunch time yesterday was somewhat telling at least.

Demetri is a good defender, but I dont think we are losing much on that end of the court with Bouldin playing point and having KO or Arop in the game.

His jersey #3 was ripped in the back at an early point in the game -- he had to change it.
        “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

why did Meech have #35 yesterday?
          His jersey was torn, so he switched.
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Zagpower
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

I believe Meech ripped his other jersey.

Meech is the only one we have to defend lightning quick point guards....the type that has given us fits over the last few years. I always want him in the game against those guys to frustrate, wear them down, and prevent them from going end to end.

I bet it's no fun to have him guard you.

Comment

• Timeout!
              Kennel Club Material
              • Nov 2009

In Coach Few we trust.

I don't know what you're talking about or know anything about these terribale stats you call FACTS. These had to have been pulled out of thin air b/c any & every PG starting for a D1 team would put up better stats than you've stated. Most back-ups, walkon's, or redshirts wouldn't justify PT with 50% FT, 10% 3pt, or less than 1/1 Ast to TO ratio from a position that requires at least one of those three to be above average. Your post is insulting to a program that refers to themself as point guard U. Coach Few and Co would never allow such pitiful stats from a starting player, let alone our PG. This is blasphemy you have stated.

Meech deserves to sta...

Meech deserves to star....

Meech deservest to starcchhhhh....

I can't even say it or pretend anymore, its flat out ridiculous he's starting.

Meech deserves to sit and come off the bench.

There, I had no problem saying that.

Comment

• former1dog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

How, how, how.....

Can we have so many threads about the same topic. For the love of Pete! If we were freaking undefeated, I think the complaint level around here would be deafening.

GUZaginDenver, ignoring the fact that you could have posted this in one of the 3 dozens other threads about the exact same topic, how's about you dazzle Coach Few with your basketball knowledge with a letter directly to him. I'm sure one of college basketball's winningest active coaches with a lifetime winning percentage over 80% is dying to get your input on how he distributes his playing time.

If you're interested, I'll get his direct mailing address for you.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I think Meech is slowly catching up to Will in terms of threads started about him. Perhaps we should sticky two threads to the top where posters can question Few's play of Demetri and Foster.

Comment

• lothar98zag
                    PostPadder General
                    • Feb 2007

How how how can the sky be blue when there's nothing there that's blue?
                    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagpower View Post
                      I believe Meech ripped his other jersey.

Meech is the only one we have to defend lightning quick point guards....the type that has given us fits over the last few years. I always want him in the game against those guys to frustrate, wear them down, and prevent them from going end to end.

I bet it's no fun to have him guard you.
                      I'm starting tho believe that this is more myth than reality. Look at Keion Bell, he destroyed Meech. Is there a way to see the stats of opposing pg's when Meech is guarding them? Bottom line; despite is supposed defensive prowess, he's more of a liability than an asset. The less Meech, the better.

Comment

• webspinnre
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Who starts isn't important. Whats important is the number of minutes, and who's in there in the tight situations, and if that's the right match-up.
                        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• izzjess
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Nov 2007

bench meech please

this is why we have this forum so we can chat and chat and chat so ----- lets get more threads about this.....if players on gonzaga have to earn there minuts than meech has earned some pine

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BroncoZAG615 View Post
                            I think Meech is slowly catching up to Will in terms of threads started about him. Perhaps we should sticky two threads to the top where posters can question Few's play of Demetri and Foster.
                            Yet by posting in it, you added to it. Instead of addressing the actual points and content of the thread, you merely commented on the thread itself. Just sayin'.

Comment

• 77Zag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2007

how, how, how i remember Meech's drive and winning bucket last year vs. Western Kentucky.

I would think Coach Few has a better grip on this than we do ---

Few will make a move, when he thinks it's best for the team --

So, let's let it rest

Go Zags! Beat the Dons!
                              “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Working...
                              X