PDA

View Full Version : Another Heister-Ehlo Classic!!

germzag
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Not verbatim, but one sequence was hilarious when they showed the students with the gatorade bottles.
Heister: Those bottles might not actually contain gatorade. Could be coloring and "some other" liquid. One of the great tricks you pick up in college.

Another sequence, again not verbatim.
Ehlo: Wow, Heister you are becoming a real basketball expert.
Heister: How come?
Ehlo: You noticed that LMU has not scored in 4 min.

For all the bad stuff thrown at Ehlo-Heister, I actually like them better than that tool Stephen Bardo from ESPN. That guy is terrible.

Ekrub
01-23-2010, 06:27 PM
you like heister and ehlo over bardo?

KSTATEZAG
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
This has to be a joke.
Bardo loves the zags and is a good analyst.
Ehlo is...well...Ehlo (but he sure does have a purty smile) ;)

germzag
01-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I think Bardo is goofier than even Ehlo...He likes the Zags but he didn't applaud them too much for the Illinois win, his alma mater. Some of the things he said in the SMU game were just ridiculous, easily topping any Ehlo-Heister moments.

ZAGLAWQB
01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Sometimes I question how much prep time they do regarding both teams and that game's particular strategies. It may be a function of not aspiring to expanded careers...Ehlo could give us more to think about during a game if he would put his analysis at risk somewhat...he plays it close to the vest and just comments on what unfolds rather than wondering what should have or could have unfolded with certain coaching moves. It is quite obvious that they don't have a boss demanding much.

BSUBronco74
01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
have become classic "Inland Empire" broadcasters, largely due to their combined incompetence. Believe it or not, they help to make Zag games fun to watch for us fans out here in the boonies.

I gotta give it up for Ehlo, at least he was a real gamer in college and the NBA. Heister on the other hand might want to procure a new toupe. (Is it only me who thinks he's wearing a rug?) and also he needs to get more conversant in the game of basketball. Bad as Ehlo is, when it comes to basketball knowledge, Heister can't hold his jock strap.

Bardo is good. Got no problems with that guy.

misszigzag
01-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Heister: "Mark Few getting his three headed monster out of the game".

Oh my....

Ezag
01-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow, REALLY? Those two are the most hated announcers on our board, UW board and WSU board.

They can go to the radio and Heister and Fox and come to the TV.

VinnyZag
01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
You can say this about Ehlo: He's got a nice smile.

zagirl2k
01-23-2010, 08:50 PM
was anyone else annoyed by the fact that they had no clue Grant had been sick? they were talking about how he hadn't been playing much. it seems like the local announcers should know something anyone who reads this board or Meehan's updates or even Matt's Twitter updates knows.

Tmac5360
01-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I love Bardo and Gannon. They do a great job and they are always pumping up the Zags.

IdahoZagFan
01-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Can't complain! We were watching the skating competition and we just heard the announcers twice talk about the high elevation in Spokane at 4000 feet having an affect on the skaters.

SunDevilGolfZag
01-23-2010, 09:22 PM
At least Hesiter and Ehlo are way easier to listen to than Clark Kellogg, imo.

alaskazagnut
01-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Not verbatim, but one sequence was hilarious:

Ehlo: Wow, Heister you are becoming a real basketball expert.
Heister: How come?
Ehlo: You noticed that LMU has not scored in 4 min.

I thought it was even funnier if you actually look and see that it wasn't over 4 minutes it was only 3:27 seconds. Math is tough for me too but .....

Zagsker
01-23-2010, 11:05 PM
it's like watching "I am Sam" and "Gilbert Grape" announce a basketball game

Zagineer
01-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Can't complain! We were watching the skating competition and we just heard the announcers twice talk about the high elevation in Spokane at 4000 feet having an affect on the skaters.

:)

Spokane International Airport = 2,371 ft.

Felts Field = 1,953 ft.

Spokane Arena = somewhere in between, or maybe even less than Felts Field.

UberZagFan
01-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Wow. Bardo is ten times the color guy we ever see from the local guys. Hard court toe? Is that what they said?

sonuvazag
01-24-2010, 12:19 AM

Spokane Arena = somewhere in between, or maybe even less than Felts Field.

Arena by the river. Felts Field by the river.
Which way does the river go?

That basketball expert comment from Ehlo makes me think they read our commentary...

Hey guys. Thanks for taking my notes to task. Seemed to work.

TheZagPhish
01-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Hard court toe? Is that what they said?

Yeah. Hard court toe.

TM27
01-24-2010, 12:24 AM
I think Bardo is goofier than even Ehlo...

Some of the things he said in the SMU game were just ridiculous, easily topping any Ehlo-Heister moments.

Wow!? Some things on here amaze me. Much Like paintings of fruit, poodles, and fox news..people either love these guys or hate them.

TM27
01-24-2010, 12:27 AM
That basketball expert comment from Ehlo makes me think they read our commentary...

Ehlo please retire so that you can teach Meech how to shoot.
Heister please dont fall into Ehlo's traps.
Few please wait to play Meech until Ehlo retires and teaches him how to shoot... 5 on 5 should help us during March.

Did I miss any?

northsidezagfan
01-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Ehlo please retire so that you can teach Meech how to shoot.
Heister please dont fall into Ehlo's traps.
Few please wait to play Meech until Ehlo retires and teaches him how to shoot... 5 on 5 should help us during March.

Did I miss any?

best post im my time on this board

Zagineer
01-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Arena by the river. Felts Field by the river.
Which way does the river go?

From my memory of Spokane while growing up about a mile from Felts Field, I remember Felts Filed being not that much higher than the river level, and the Coliseum (before the days of the Arena) being elevated somewhat higher above the river. In my 60 year old mind, I wasn't sure if the drop in river elevation canceled out the higher elevation of the Coliseum above the river. But according to Google Earth..... it does.

Felts Field = 593 meters (River elevation 584 meters)

Spokane Arena = 580 meters (River elevation 554 meters)

So,.... even though the river drops 30 meters, the elevation difference between Felts Field and the Arena is only 13 meters.

As I said, ".....or maybe even less than Felts Field". :)

How'd I get off on this tangent anyway. :confused:

That's it. GN, all. :)

LongIslandZagFan
01-24-2010, 05:03 AM
From my memory of Spokane while growing up about a mile from Felts Field, I remember Felts Filed being not that much higher than the river level, and the Coliseum (before the days of the Arena) being elevated somewhat higher above the river. In my 60 year old mind, I wasn't sure if the drop in river elevation canceled out the higher elevation of the Coliseum above the river. But according to Google Earth..... it does.

Felts Field = 593 meters (River elevation 584 meters)

Spokane Arena = 580 meters (River elevation 554 meters)

So,.... even though the river drops 30 meters, the elevation difference between Felts Field and the Arena is only 13 meters.

As I said, ".....or maybe even less than Felts Field". :)

How'd I get off on this tangent anyway. :confused:

That's it. GN, all. :)

Only an engineer... ;)

DZ
01-24-2010, 06:30 AM
I want in: How about Ehlo spending a good minute stating that he has tremendous respect for the coaches, he isn't at practice, he WOULD NEVER SECOND GUESS ANYTHING they decide, then proceeding to immediately, however lightly, question why Meech gets as many (or any) minutes on this team, he was nearly forced to b/c of GG's wonderful play tonight. Of course that follows the golden rule "no disrespect intended but" -- you are about to get dissed big time.

People far more powerful than me have decided talking about our 4 on 5 offense is off limits, so again, I will resort to GG showed some great offensive ability, got rebounds, multiple assists, and MADE both free throws!!!!! It would be juuuust great to see him on the floor more.

FuManShoes
01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
To their credit, Ehlo and Heister noted Gray's great play of late and his addition of some midrange weapons. I like it when they observe and report. The sideshow I can only stand so much. Sad -- nay, disturbing -- that I thought of banjos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE#t=2m30s)when Ehlo said Matt has a "pretty smile." That's just not right.

bartruff1
01-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I really enjoy them .....and Ehlo really does know the game as player .

sittingon50
01-24-2010, 11:47 AM
player minutes or defenses or announcers....

Let's have an elevation thread!!

dim4sum
01-24-2010, 01:42 PM
What Ehlo said was: "so far this half Loyola hasn't scored in four minutes."
The punchline was that when he said that the clock showed that only 3 minutes and ten seconds had elapsed in the second half.
Both these guys are really simple math-challenged. It can drive one nuts.
The games are so much more relaxing with the mute button on.

bartruff1
01-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Heister does very interesting interviews. Another tonight with GG.

MedZag
01-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Click here for a twitter feed of Ehlosms and Hesiterisms (http://twitter.com/####ehlosays)

bigparb
01-24-2010, 08:50 PM
personally, I about fell out of my chair when Heister and Ehlo started talking about Elias's spin/hop move, and how they just couldn't believe that it's not a travel....I'm mean why isn't it a travel.....sure looks like a travel....

are these two absolutely retarted!!! maybe we should try to get the word out that this is a travel, huh H & E..........nevermind that the refs stopped calling it a travel after about 5 games, but dang H and E seemed sooooo concerned about this.....

I'm going to officially pre-blame our two buffoon announcers if refs start calling this beautiful move a travel again.....

bigparb out