• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerpZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Gonzaga Lady Zags @ Loyola Marymount

Lady Zags lead LMU 17-13 with 10:05 left in the 1st half.

Lady Zag fouls (6) and turnovers (8) are keeping the score close.
  • Oldsport
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Oct 2007

Zags down 40 - 38 at the half.

Too many Zag turnovers.
    The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

Comment

• TerpZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Lady Zags trail LMU 40-38 at the half.

Fouls (9) and turnovers (13) continue to plague the Lady Zags.

LMU Lions have hit 10 of 11 from the free throw line and have scored
      11 points off of Zag turnovers.

Regroup and Go Lady Zags in the second half.

Comment

• TerpZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Tiffanie Shives leads the Lady Zags in scoring at the half with 12 points.

Heather Bowman follows with 9 and Countney Vandersloot has 7 points.

Comment

• Oldsport
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Oct 2007

Gut Check - It's a-OK

Lady Zags WIN 91 - 77 !!!
          The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

Comment

• TerpZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Lady Zags come back in second half to win 91-77.

Vandersloot leads the Lady Zags in scoring with 21 points along with 15 assists.

Shives finishes with 20 points and 6 assists.

Frieson had 14 points plus 8 rebounds.

Bowman scored 13 points and 10 rebounds.

Of the 35 field goals from the floor the Lady Zags had 29 assists.

Comment

• Zagineer
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

I assume all the info is from the LMU Gametracker link.

Once again CBS College Sports All-Access failed to deliver the game, eventhough it was listed as being able to Listen. Yup, I could listen.... to a sports talk radio station that talked about everything BUT the Lady Zags.

Oldsport - Were you able to listen to the game over near Spokane?

TerpZag - If you tell me you were able to listen to the game over here (Mill Creek / Kirkland area) I'll really be upset at myself for not knowing how to get it linked up.

Oh well,.... at least we won.

Vandersloot with 15 assists!! That's more than 50% above her average that was already the nation's leading assists per game average. Just awesome.

Comment

• TerpZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagineer View Post
                I assume all the info is from the LMU Gametracker link.

Once again CBS College Sports All-Access failed to deliver the game, eventhough it was listed as being able to Listen. Yup, I could listen.... to a sports talk radio station that talked about everything BUT the Lady Zags.

Oldsport - Were you able to listen to the game over near Spokane?

TerpZag - If you tell me you were able to listen to the game over here (Mill Creek / Kirkland area) I'll really be upset at myself for not knowing how to get it linked up.

Oh well,.... at least we won.

Vandersloot with 15 assists!! That's more than 50% above her average that was already the nation's leading assists per game average. Just awesome.
                Neer, no audio for me. I did not even try to listen over the internet.

Maybe someone else can confirm that the CBS College Sports All-Access worked for them for the Zags game.

You are correct that any info I had was from Gametracker. Even Gametracker had several fits and starts for me throughout today's game
                though.

Comment

• TerpZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Lady Zags, Down At Half, Battle Back For 91-77 Win At LMU

Women's basketball stays perfect in the WCC at 5-0 with the victory

Bulldogs hit a season-high 13 3-pointers in 14-point victory.

Jan. 23, 2010

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The Gonzaga University women's basketball team pulled out a gutsy 91-77 victory at Loyola Marymount University Saturday afternoon to stay undefeated in West Coast Conference action at 5-0 and are now 16-4 overall. The Lions, who led for a huge chunk of the contest, fell to 2-3 in the WCC and 9-10 overall.

"We can never think we are going to win and always have to come and play," explained head coach Kelly Graves after the game. "The games are not going to be cake walks and I tell you what, it is always a tough game at Loyola Marymount. I am extremely proud of the way we came back. It is nice to come out of this first road trip 2-0."

It was a battle of a first half for Gonzaga, one it had not seen in many games. The Zags went into the locker room down for the first time in their West Coast Conference season and the first time since their game at Portland State University. The Zags, down 40-38 at half, still shot pretty impressive, hitting 55.6 percent (15-of-27) from the floor, including a strong 46.2 percent from beyond the 3-point arc, sinking 6-of-13.

What it did uncharacteristically was turn the ball over. The Bulldogs, who came into the game averaging 16.7 miscues per game, had 13 in the opening 20 minutes, with the Lions capitalizing for 11 points.

The Bulldogs looked like they were going to do what they had done in the previous four WCC contests - run away with it, holding a 20-15 advantage just nine minutes into the contest with a fast 7-0 spurt. But the Lions zone defense and their strong offense stifled GU. Loyola Marymount used a 13-4 run of its own to capture its own four-point advantage, 28-24, at 6:14 and held an eight point lead at 38-30 with 3:43 remaining before intermission.

Gonzaga stormed back and had a chance to tie the game right before the buzzer but a 3-pointer by junior Courtney Vandersloot was off the mark and Loyola Marymount held the slight two-point edge at half.

It continued to be a back-and-forth contest early in the second half with seven ties and three lead changes. The two teams combined for eight 3-pointers in the first 10 minutes of the final half, including two by Vandersloot, with her second tying the game for the final time at 65-65 at the 9:45 mark.
                  Gonzaga finally took the lead for good on an old fashion 3-point play by sophomore Kayla Standish which gave the Zags a 3-point edge with 9:25 to go. Junior Janelle Bekkering then drained GU's 12th 3-pointer of the contest two possessions later to push its lead to six; its then largest lead of the contest.

It was no looking back after the Bekkering 3-pointer as the Bulldogs rattled off a 12-5 spurt to claim an insurmountable 13-point lead, 83-70, with 1:54 left in the game. The run was capped off on the Zags final 3-pointer of the game, their 13th, this time a long ball from sophomore Katelan Redmon.

It was then Redmon and senior Vivian Frieson who crashed the offense boards in the final minute, both grabbing one and scoring on the put back, to keep the Lions at bay.

"LMU's zone had us a little confused to begin with," said Graves. "We finally figured it out though and exploited it, hitting those 13 3-pointers. Both Tiffanie (Shives) and Courtney did a great job shooting. Tiff did the job she is supposed to do and nailed four 3's and Courtney, well she played the entire 40 minutes and produced again."

Vandersloot and Shives led the way for the Zags finishing with 21 and 20 points, respectively. Vandersloot also dished out 15 assists, two off the Zag single-game high, and grabbed seven rebounds.

Senior Heather Bowman registered her second double-double of the season, scoring 13 points and grabbing a game-high 10 boards. Frieson added 14 points and eight rebounds.

The Zags finished the game hitting 54.7 percent (35-of-64) from the floor, including 44.8 percent (13-of-29) on 3-pointers and drained 8-of-9 free throw attempts. After turning the ball over 13 times in the first half, GU cleaned things up only turning it over six times in the final 20.

The Lions were led by Renahy Young and Alex Cowling with 24 and 20 points, respectively. LMU hit 41.0 percent of its shots (25-of-61) and hit 10-of-25 (40.0 percent) 3-pointers.

Gonzaga now returns home to host Santa Clara University on Thursday, Jan. 28. Tip is set for 6 p.m.

Gonzaga Link

Comment

• young julez
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Apr 2007

I watched and listened to the game...the only one I have had a problem with was St. Marys. Pepperdine uses Jump TV and that feed was great
                    Its all about the Bulldogs baby...
                    Young Julez is in the building!

Comment

• Aussie 1
                      Redshirt
                      • May 2008

We watched the game in Australia!!! Coverage was great. Just loged on to the Loyola site and there it was. If it can make its way down under, surely it can reach Washington !!!!

Comment

• Oldsport
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Oct 2007

Welcome Home Lady Zags

Ditto Aussie 1....I found the FREE video link at LMU and then listened to Steve do the broadcast live from LMU on 1050 AM. It was the best of both worlds.

Zagineer - I was able to follow the entire game on the Key, 1050 AM. At about the 12:00 mark in the second half the signal weakened but was OK until the end of the game.

Portable Bomb Shelters - If the Lady Zags are going to start dropping bombs from beyond the arc, like at LMU, the fans may need some added security.

Those Lady Zags - ...always seem to find a way to win!

Comment

Working...
                        X