• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bballbeachbum
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2008

Manny appreciation

he made it happen down the stretch. Coach Few went to him over Meech in this one late, and Manny delivered...sweet dime late!

love you Meech, please don't bash him here because he must know what happened...Free throws, or playing time will shrink late for sure

but please

MANNY!!!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!
  • U Zig, I Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2009

Manny has a good feel for the ball. I like him as an option off the bench.

How did we use him the most? In place of Meech but moving Matt and Steven over? I like that line-up.

Comment

• Zagregious
      Kennel Club Material
      • Mar 2009

Manny had the matchup advantage over Meech tonight, and the staff responded well. Most Pepperdine runs occurred when Meech was in, as well as Bell, unfortunately.

Good catch Few & Co.

Manny's earning it!!

Comment

• 1973Zag
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

opinion only-nothing personal!

I have never bashed Meech, but Manny and Bol have something that meech will never have---size. All things equal, teams are starting to force mismatches underneath with Meech, and 110% effort can't make up for the size. I think in todays game, a 6 ft. guard has to be an above average shooter with above average ability to the hoop, or you are playing at a disadvantage. There is a time and place for Manny,Bol, and Meech--I don't think it has to be a winner take all decision. Trust the coach. just my 2 cents---no bash intended, but as Manny and Bol develop, I think they have a greater upside overall.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2008

Bol and Manny are off to good starts in their GU careers, hope very much you're right about them 1973Zag

Comment

Working...
          X