PDA

View Full Version : OT: Charles Garcia reality check thread

FuManShoes
01-19-2010, 08:48 PM
I continued my two-day personal hoops fest by taking in Seattle U vs Cal St. Northridge. I was eager to see Charles Garcia in person but came away less than impressed. Despite having the length to kill a smaller opponent, he continually hovered on the perimeter, on offense and defense. He missed a bunch of FTs, shot too many threes and had racked up four fouls with 16:30 to go in the game. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise considering something similar happened when the Redhawks played and summarily destroyed Oregon St., but SU functioned and fought a whole lot better with Chuck on the bench. Now don't get me wrong, he may yet turn out to be a stud, but at this point he seems to have no appetite for doing the dirty work down low. I came away impressed with the scrappiness and speed his teammates play with and convinced that SU would be a servicable team even without Garcia (bottom half of WCC). And it was cool just to be able to root for a local team at the Key.

FuManShoes
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
To the guy who neg repped me for posting this in the wrong forum, what's the right forum? Mods, feel free to move. In the meantime, to make it more relevant: Maybe there's a reason beyond the grades that GU didn't pursue this guy. Could they have shaped him into a quality big man? We'll never know.

Sheesh.

Ezag
01-20-2010, 10:33 AM
I only saw him play in game against Harvard, but was not overly impressed either. As far as neg reps go, some people are jacka**es and have nothing better to do.

gamagin
01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I've heard about this guy but have yet to see him play.

I heard the EWU head coach say before their game on local radio something along the lines that Garcia was as good or better than MB. That made me perk up.

Go TEAM Zags !