PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Stuckey going to the NBA??

CDC84
04-24-2007, 08:14 AM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/312264_sonx19.html?source=rss

See the note at the bottom. The article is dated 4/19, and as of 4/24, he has yet to officially declare. At least according to nbadraft.net.

The one thing about leaving this year is that the 2007 draft is really lacking in point guards and combo guards. If he were to stay at EWU, it might be a risk because the 2008 draft figures to be loaded in that area. Rodney is currently at 22 in the 1st round at draftexpress.com....going to the Bobcats (of all teams):

http://draftexpress.com/

Nevtelen
04-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I'd miss seeing him in an Eags uni (and I bet the Eags would REALLY miss him), but it's probably the better decision for him. The Big Sky isn't giving him a lot of great competition to practice against and this would be a good year for him.

EL MUSTACIO
04-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Why do you think it would be a good year for him? This is supposed to be a strong draft class.

CDC84
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM
It's a strong draft, but the strength of this year's draft revolves around big men, and to a lesser extent, wing players. If you look at the 2007 mock list at draftexpress.com, Stuckey has very few combo guards ahead of him, and he stands a good chance of going higher than 22 if he shows reasonably well at the camps (again, if he decides to put his name in). The 2008 draft figures to be very strong in the guard department. This is also why I feel Mike Conley will remain in this year's draft....he'll be the first PG chosen in this year's draft. That won't happen next year.

lothar98zag
04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
It's a strong draft, but the strength of this year's draft revolves around big men, and to a lesser extent, wing players. If you look at the 2007 mock list at draftexpress.com, Stuckey has very few combo guards ahead of him, and he stands a good chance of going higher than 22 if he shows reasonably well at the camps (again, if he decides to put his name in). The 2008 draft figures to be very strong in the guard department. This is also why I feel Mike Conley will remain in this year's draft....he'll be the first PG chosen in this year's draft. That won't happen next year.
Curious, why wouldn't/couldn't Conley be the 1st PG chosen next yr? Who could be in next yrs draft that is potentially better than him?

(btw, I think he should go this year - he's ready. IMHO he's a bigger reason OSU made the FF than old man Greg)

CDC84
04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo to start with.....

ZagNut08
04-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Definately a good year for him to go...I was suprised at how few legit gaurds there are predicted to go in the first two rounds. Plus, like someone mentioned, I dont know how he can increase his stock much playing at EWU

pbriz
04-24-2007, 12:28 PM
If anyone has seen OJ Mayo play more than in just the all-american game there is reason that Stuckey won't go as the first point guard if he waited a year. I saw Mayo score 47 in an ESPN game against the 7 ranked prep team in the nation. OJ Mayo=Stuckey now, but give Mayo a few years and it won't even be close. Stuckey had good games against us.... but we are one of the best teams that Stuckey has had to face and our guard defense isn't all that fantastic. I really can't see Stuckey staying at EWU another year...

Bocco
04-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Stuckey is on track to graduate next year. He might just declare for the draft and not sign with an agent. This would allow him to "test the waters" and get a feel for if he would be a first round draft pick. If he wouldn't be a first round pick with the guaranteed money he loses nothing by retruning to EWU for another year, getting his degree, and entering in next years draft.

zagfan08
04-25-2007, 08:25 PM
The Seattle Times is reporting that Stuckey will declare for the draft but not hire an agent.

Kaduce
04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
The Seattle Times is reporting that Stuckey will declare for the draft but not hire an agent.

That would be correct, he announced it around 3:30 today. I have a feeling he'll be around one more year.