PDA

View Full Version : Time to kick down that Wall….

ZagMan in Philly
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
To reach the Final 4 this year.
As it stands right now, we are a legitimate top 16 team in the country, that works out to be a 4th seed.
If we win out, the chances of getting a 3rd seed is pretty good. On top of that, if we get to play in Spokane, the chance to reach the Sweet 16 is looking great.

Getting a 3rd seed is huge, (comparing to a 4th seed), as the 3rd seed doesn’t have to face the #1 seed until the Elite 8 game (if there are no upsets of course).

Here are my 1-4 seeds, as they stand today:

#1 seeds: Kentucky, Texas, Kansas, Syracuse
#2 seeds: Villanova, Mich St, Duke, Georgetown
#3 seeds: Gonzaga, West Va, Kansas St, Pitt
#4 seeds: Tenn, Purdue, Wisconsin, BYU

So, my question to you all is, if we play the #2 seed team in the Sweet 16 game, which team would you rather play?
A Revenge game against Duke or Mich State, or go up against two of the best Big East Teams? Villanova/Gtown.
The order I would pick is GTown, Mich St, Duke, as Villanova has a sure future NBA Scotty Reynolds running the show for them. Villanova is one tough team.

If we get to the Elite 8 game, it doesn’t matter which team we play, because I would be on cloud 9 happy.

I really think we have a real shot of making a deep run this year. We have three of the best players in the country (Bouldin, Harris, Gray), that can take over a game at any point. And our supporting cast is very talented as well (Sacre, Meech, KO, Bol, Manny). By tourney time, our team will be well tuned and ready to take us to the FINAL 4.

I am not sure who are the other three Final 4 finalists, but I know we will be one of them. And NO, I have not been drinking Cool-Aid. Who is with me??

Go Zags!

Kiddwell
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Whatta fun thread!

We gotta get Grant Gibbs (1) healthy and (2) some sincere WCC playing time for him in all the remaining games PLUS the Memphis game PLUS the WCC Tourney. Kiddwell thinks GG will play some important minutes in The Big Dance.

Big Will has really been coming on lately. How, Oh, How Kiddwell wishes he woud've been redshirted his freshman or sophomore year (as, if memory serves, was slated to happen), as Will finally seems to have caught up with his growth.

In any case, we need to stay healthy, get that 3 seed, then play Michigan State in the Elite Eight. This time, though, Sparty's not at home, our young guys are seasoned, and the Zags earn their first Final Four birth.

After that, anything can happen. (Including spectacular recruiting of Wiltjer, etc.)

:]

Zag365
01-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Stealing a line from Dos Equis (and RS), I say to the 2009-10 team -- Stay hungry my friends

UberZagFan
01-18-2010, 02:44 PM
More experience would be nice for purposes of talking about a FF run. Can you imagine what GU's team would look like if Matty B redshirted his frosh year (and everyone else stuck around)???

gamagin
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Whatta fun thread!

We gotta get Grant Gibbs (1) healthy and (2) some sincere WCC playing time for him in all the remaining games PLUS the Memphis game PLUS the WCC Tourney. Kiddwell thinks GG will play some important minutes in The Big Dance.

Big Will has really been coming on lately. How, Oh, How Kiddwell wishes he woud've been redshirted his freshman or sophomore year (as, if memory serves, was slated to happen), as Will finally seems to have caught up with his growth.

In any case, we need to stay healthy, get that 3 seed, then play Michigan State in the Elite Eight. This time, though, Sparty's not at home, our young guys are seasoned, and the Zags earn their first Final Four birth.

After that, anything can happen. (Including spectacular recruiting of Wiltjer, etc.)

:]

The never ending bench.

Go TEAM Zags !

NovaZag
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Agree with the order of teams-- G'town first. I think we match up with them the best. We've proven we can grind it out with quality competition, and if we got Monroe in foul trouble, it would certainly be winnable. We nearly beat MSU, so that's the next choice. I might put Villanova ahead of Duke, though. Villanova has good defense, but not great like Duke. But I also think we would have a geater advantage in the post, and could exploit Pena and Yarou. Perimeter defense would be a big issue. It's also hard to know how the team would respond to playing Duke a second time...but I'd rather take my chances playing one of the others first.

Interesting stuff to think about. We very well may play one of these teams.

Jedster
01-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Verrry interesting! I would say Mich. St, G'Town, Nova and then Duke. Tough call between 1 and 2, but I think we can take Mich. St on a neutral court. G'Town would be a tough game, but I agree we match up good with them. Let's keep dreaming!

I have tix in Spokane (first time ever for NCAA's) so I am REALLY hoping GU gets to play there. That would be so cool!

BobZag
01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
All in all we're just another brick in the wall.

:)

JAGzag
01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
All in all we're just another brick in the wall.

:)

Good contribution, Bob. :)

NotoriousZ
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
...I have tix in Spokane (first time ever for NCAA's) so I am REALLY hoping GU gets to play there. That would be so cool!

:pray: My tickets are looking better and better! I am knocking on wood here: 15 games to go (including WCC tourney)--let's run the table Zags! If that happens I'd have to give us a 2 seed. I wouldn't want us to lose one because then we're probably a 4 seed, and maybe a 5 (or worse?). Sure, it's way too early to be thinking about the seeding, one game at a time and all that, but I would just s*** my pants if we got in the Spokane regional!

bballbeachbum
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
hiyaaa!!!!