PDA

View Full Version : Zag's Report

Knotsolucky
01-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Last night during the Zag's Report on SWX Heister volunteered some very interesting information. He said that at the USD game one of Elias's former German coaches was in attendance. Greg got a chance to sit down and talk with him and this is what I remember.

The coach mentioned how happy Elias and his parents are with Gonzaga. Not only is his game improving, but his parents would love to see him get his degree.

Does this mean EH will be around longer than most of us expect? With his NBA stock rising so fast who really knows for sure? I did like what I heard though and it gives me hope.

Like all the rest of us I'd love to see him stay as long as possible.:)

gozagswoohoo
01-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Last night during the Zag's Report on SWX Heister volunteered some very interesting information. He said that at the USD game one of Elias's former German coaches was in attendance. Greg got a chance to sit down and talk with him and this is what I remember.

The coach mentioned how happy Elias and his parents are with Gonzaga. Not only is his game improving, but his parents would love to see him get his degree.

Does this mean EH will be around longer than most of us expect? With his NBA stock rising so fast who really knows for sure? I did like what I heard though and it gives me hope.

Like all the rest of us I'd love to see him stay as long as possible.:)

If Elias stayed for four years...I think he would be good and it would be a fairly nice thing for GU. And I would give my left testicle (or whichever one is apparently used for nothing, I really can't remember).

SunDevilGolfZag
01-18-2010, 07:11 AM
If Elias stayed for four years...I think he would be good and it would be a fairly nice thing for GU. And I would give my left testicle (or whichever one is apparently used for nothing, I really can't remember).

I would strongly consider giving up an eye tooth first :D

1973Zag
01-18-2010, 07:50 AM
being a dentist,I would strongly recommend keeping the "eye tooth"--wisdom teeth are much more expendable!

ZagNative
01-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Knotsolucky, thanks for the report. I'm sorry I missed that show. I've been curious if or when Dirk Bauermann, the German Senion Men's National coach, would be arriving in the US to see Elias. Wouldn't you know a sun-loving German traveler would pick San Diego in winter for his scouting nstead of Spokane?

Did you hear an interview of Bauermann by Heister, or did Heister report on a conversation with him but not interview him on the air?

I'm happy to hear that Elias' parents are happy with his situation at Gonzaga. It would be also be good to hear what Coach Bauermann thinks of Elias development with the Zags so far. I would imagine he held his breath like the rest of us with that fall at San Diego.

I know that part of Coach Bauermann's mission to he States was also to speak with Dirk Nowitski and Chris Kaman about his hopes for them to play on the Senion Men's 2010 team, as well as to visit Elias Luca Staiger with his Iowa State team.

gamagin
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM

you'd still have one left.

TacomaZAG
01-18-2010, 09:37 AM
parents saying the same thing, and that didn't turn out the way we hoped............or maybe it did??

Anyway, when the dollars come calling, it is awfully hard to say NO. I just hope EH is more like Jake Locker than Austin.

In any case, I hope he does what's best for him and his family. I'm thoroughly enjoying the ride, whenever it ends for EH.

Go ZAGS

Knotsolucky
01-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Knotsolucky, thanks for the report.
Did you hear an interview of Bauermann by Heister, or did Heister report on a conversation with him but not interview him on the air?

I'm happy to hear that Elias' parents are happy with his situation at Gonzaga. It would be also be good to hear what Coach Bauermann thinks of Elias development with the Zags so far. I would imagine he held his breath like the rest of us with that fall at San Diego.

ZN, Heister did not interview Coach Bauermann on air, he just reported a conversation. I believe Heister reported the coach did say he was pleased with EH's progress at Gonzaga though.

LynetteG
01-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I think the fact that EH has played against professionals already, and REALLY knows what it's all about, currently bodes well for him staying more than 1 year vs. AD and his father's view of what the NBA was like when he played, and advising him that he should go. I don't get the feeling that EH is motivated by money. Sure, money makes life easier, but he just seems much more grounded, serious, and hardworking than what we have seen in the past. I would take him at his word for the moment, without question. (IMHO)

gozagswoohoo
01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I think the fact that EH has played against professionals already, and REALLY knows what it's all about, currently bodes well for him staying more than 1 year vs. AD and his father's view of what the NBA was like when he played, and advising him that he should go. I don't get the feeling that EH is motivated by money. Sure, money makes life easier, but he just seems much more grounded, serious, and hardworking than what we have seen in the past. I would take him at his word for the moment, without question. (IMHO)

When I get to Spokane, I will try to track Elias down, and tell him how much all of the posters want him to stay. "Elias...hi...I'm Woohoo (here's my card). I'd like to speak with you about your future plans. You might think millions upon millions of dollars would be nice, but a bunch of us regular old people who enjoy posting on the internets think it would be a good idea if you stayed in school for atleast 1, maybe 2 more years. You don't have to tell me yes or no right now, but we're gonna need you to let us know soon, so we can post it on the internets."

thespywhozaggedme
01-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Um, like me, you're married; both are used for nothing.

krozman
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
When I get to Spokane, I will try to track Elias down, and tell him how much all of the posters want him to stay. "Elias...hi...I'm Woohoo (here's my card). I'd like to speak with you about your future plans. You might think millions upon millions of dollars would be nice, but a bunch of us regular old people who enjoy posting on the internets think it would be a good idea if you stayed in school for atleast 1, maybe 2 more years. You don't have to tell me yes or no right now, but we're gonna need you to let us know soon, so we can post it on the internets."

When you see him tell him he's up to 4 sets of testicles, at least a dozen if his game improves.

thespywhozaggedme
01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
parents saying the same thing, and that didn't turn out the way we hoped............or maybe it did??

Anyway, when the dollars come calling, it is awfully hard to say NO. I just hope EH is more like Jake Locker than Austin.

In any case, I hope he does what's best for him and his family. I'm thoroughly enjoying the ride, whenever it ends for EH.

Go ZAGS

See Bobs total non sequitors in any Austin thread for your answer. ;)

gozagswoohoo
01-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Um, like me, you're married; both are used for nothing.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :lmao:

Zagatak
01-18-2010, 03:17 PM

Go ZAGS

Austins dad wanted him to go to the NBA. Never said anything about staying to get a degree.

I also believe that Elias and AD have different mind sets where Elias wants to improve as MUCH as possible while AD just wanted some stepping stones. Thats what i think.

Kiddwell
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I would give both of mine!!! They have already been dislocated to a point.

Kiddwell would give his faithful dog "Towzer's" testicles.

:]

CDC84
01-18-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm telling you, Elias is a different sort of a kid. He's not going to go into the association until he feels he is fully ready and can make a major difference from day one.

cggonzaga
01-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't know who will be in the 2011 draft but isn't it pretty feasible that if he stayed one more year, averaged 22 and 12, that he may be that year's no. 1 draft pick? I believe there is big money difference between 6-10 and 1-5, no?