• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Harris now teams leading scorer

Anyone know the last time a freshman led the team in scoring:

ESPN presents the full 2023-24 conferences Men's College Basketball season team lineup. Includes rosters, schedules, stats and ticket information for all NCAA teams.

I know Matt missed part of a game and probably wasn't 100% in another, and I know Matt could care less, or could I who leads the team in scoring but I suspect it has been a while, if ever, that a freshman has accomplished this!
  • rawkmandale
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

He is the leading rebounder as well.

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

+1

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post

ESPN presents the full 2023-24 conferences Men's College Basketball season team lineup. Includes rosters, schedules, stats and ticket information for all NCAA teams.

I know Matt missed part of a game and probably wasn't 100% in another, and I know Matt could care less, or could I who leads the team in scoring but I suspect it has been a while, if ever, that a freshman has accomplished this!
      Imagine what it will be like if/when RS takes charge of his space. They could be doing 30-40 per game between them. Plus Matt, SG, Meech, KO & Bol and Arop and . . . . . (drool)
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
        Imagine what it will be like if/when RS takes charge of his space. They could be doing 30-40 per game between them. Plus Matt, SG, Meech, KO & Bol and Arop and . . . . . (drool)
        gamagin - Unfortunately, at our age drool comes much too easily.

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

In Maui and another game Elias and Rob combined for 50ish points. That would be killer to get that consistency every game.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• SLOZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Big E

More statistical food for thought:

Elias has the highest FG% of our team members getting significant minutes, at 59.3%;
            He is our third best 3 point shooter in terms of accuracy, at 44%;
            He is our second best ball hawk, with 1.2 steals per game; and
            He is our third best free throw shooter at 69%
            SLOZag
            "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• Jedster
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Oct 2009

Good digging SloZag! Before we get too excited about his 3 pt. field goal % and having him shoot 5 a game, we need to keep in mind small sample size. He's only taken 25 (made 11). If he missed 2 of those he'd be shooting 36% and if he made 2 more of those he'd be shooting 52%. Conversely, Matt's shot the most with 82 over 17 games.

On the flip side, a key for him to show he is ready for the next level is to shoot more and accurately from outside. So, the selfish part of me is to have him just concentrate on his inside game this year and come back next year to work on his perimeter game!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                • Feb 2007

Would it be selfish of me to wish his production drops significantly over the next few WCC games (with us still winning of course) so maybe an nba scout or two would lose some interest?

*shrugs shoulders*

Ya....probably would be selfish...
                Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Jedster
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                  Would it be selfish of me to wish his production drops significantly over the next few WCC games (with us still winning of course) so maybe an nba scout or two would lose some interest?

*shrugs shoulders*

Ya....probably would be selfish...
                  Times like this it's okay to be selfish.

Comment

• Ezag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post

When was the last time we had a freshman like Elias??? Never, I suspect.

Comment

• bigblahla
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by El Voce View Post
                      gamagin - Unfortunately, at our age drool comes much too easily.
                      At what age is it no longer considered drool but instead considered leakage?

Go!! Zags!!!
                      "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• DADoZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                        In Maui and another game Elias and Rob combined for 50ish points. That would be killer to get that consistency every game.
                        If both can find the assist stat column as impressive as points scored, and if Sacre can learn to move a bit better without the ball, the duo would be very frightening for opposing teams. Sacre gave out a few dimes Saturday, did he learn anything?

The key to improvement for the ZAGS bigs is for the whole team to realize the post game should be played above the 6' level. While Harris can dribble drive, both starting bigs would find things much easier keeping the ball elevated, both should be demanding it to be so, and the highlight reels would appreciate it too.

Harris picked as diaper dandy the second time this month, sharing this week with Hassan Whiteside of Marshall.

CO-DIAPER DANDIES OF THE WEEK: Elias Harris, Gonzaga and Hassan Whiteside, Marshall.
                        Harris totaled 51 points and 22 rebounds in a pair of Gonzaga wins over both St. Mary's and San Diego.
                        Whiteside posted his second triple-double of the season with 14 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocked shots in a come-from-behind win at Central Florida. He followed that up with 20 points and 12 boards in a victory over Tulane.
                        Go ZAGS!
                        Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X