PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Pende video...HELP!

Zaggy
04-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Does anybody have a great Pendegraft video?

Here’s the thing: I’m helping coach a 13 year old that has lots of natural talent but doesn’t always “get” how to give 110% (by that I mean diving after every ball, jumping every time the ball is in the air, etc.). Telling her what she needs to do doesn’t seem to work, however, I’ve found when I show her what I mean she gets it. As such, I figured what could be better than showing her the Pendegraft work ethic. Does anybody out there have a good video I could get a copy of?

Any help (or direction on where I could get a video) would be much appreciated!

GonzagaGurl08
04-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Zaggy- you could try searching on You Tube for either Pendergraft, or Gonzaga, and see what you come up with. I'm sure that there are a ton out there. You could also google Pendergraft and video and see what you come up with. Good luck!!!

Gonezagaga
04-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I had the same problem with my 11 year old daughter. I tried everything to get her more aggressive towards the ball until I finally found the magic. I told her to treat a loose ball or a rebound like it was a $20 bill falling out of my wallet, first one to grab it gets to keep it. Worked like a charm. She is now the most aggressive girl on the team. Might work for you, might not, but keep searching because there is usually something out there that will help them 'get it'.

TheZagPhish
04-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I looked first in my own video library but was sorely disappointed to see that there was not a Pendo-centric video in the lot. Which, honestly, sucks. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he's not traditionally been viewed - at least in the eyes of jump-cut editors at ESPN, et al - as a "star" player. His skills are never questioned, but he's so often been viewed as a blue collar player, a tough rough-n-tumble kid, a glue player and so on. Ultimately it seems to translate to few highlight reels.

Which is a damn shame, particularly in light of the role transition he delivered this past season! Pendo is a favorite of so many and this next season could be his coup de grâce.

I think I have enough micro-clips to assemble a little tribute... If anyone has clips of DP from earlier seasons, I'd sure like to get copies. Viva Pendo!
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/apmegasports/200611222247820715693-pf.hmedium.jpg
Tyler, meet the Great Wall of Pendo. Jeremy, please help yourself to the ball. :)