• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekrub
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2009

Samhan interview - St. Mary's ESPN page

Visit ESPN for Saint Mary's Gaels live scores, video highlights, and latest news. Find standings and the full 2023-24 season schedule.

talks a little about the rivalry between gonzaga
  • allnet59
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Dec 2009

Even though this guy is all about being cocky i can really appreciate his toughness and will to win. The Zags can only hope that R.S. can and will use his athletic skills that seem to be way ahead of Samhan's at this point in his career to go out and preform as well as he did against us last night. I give Robert props for chasing him down the court and not allowing him the easy dunk. Sometimes you have to use a little intimidation and i think Sacre earned alot of points with his teammates with that foul. Now just use that and give your team good minutes on both ends of the floor every game and you will be a force the rest of the season. Harris has confidence and it showed last night. I'm guesiing the rest of the league will be just a little aprehensive when guarding Elias the rest of the season. Go Zags

Comment

• NEC26
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Huh thats funny I thought he sounded like a whiny little you know what in that interview.

Comment

• sullyzag66
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Gon-ZAH-ga? BTW, Sacre went for the ball and got it.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I respect Samhan's game and it ends there for me. I've given this kid every opportunity in the world to win me over and/or give him the benefit of the doubt. However, after watching him try to elbow Elias in the face/head while while he was being fronted by Harris was the final straw for me. Fortunately, he missed every time b/c Elias was much too quick for him.
          “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• ShutupTheSamhan
            Banned
            • Jan 2010

I respect Hamsammich's game too ,but like Baldwin, he's just not a quality person.. His attempt to elbow GU players multiple times last night, his and 1 where he was talking smack to Bouldin, and the Sacre Foul did it for me.. I was literally fuming in my basement yelling at him through the TV.

Comment

• Zagsker
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NEC26 View Post
              Huh thats funny I thought he sounded like a whiny little you know what in that interview.
              bingo

you can tell a lot about a player when he is on the court (not in an interview where there are not emotions flying around)..Samhan is a tool...from his "thumping of the chest" after making a simple basket...to his taunting of Boldin when he fouled him...the guy is a poser "tough guy" who say's "hold me back" instead of needing people to "'hold him back"
              I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• vandalzag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Bottom line is that kid can play. He is the typical kid you hate to play against, but would love if he was on your team. Anybody who says different is just spewing silly holier than though homer rhetoric. Samhan would be similar to how Morrison was perceived outside the confines of GU.

As a GU fan, Samhan comes off as a major Dbag, but looking at it from a hoops perspective he is a player.

Comment

• NEC26
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

The guy can score no doubt doesn't change the fact he is a major tool who has absolutely no class whatsoever. I cannot figure out why anyone would respect a person just because he can put a ball in the hoop. He has shown time and again what sort of person he is from the time he was a freshman till now. Not only what he says during the game but also his remarks about Spokane and GU in general makes me wonder why so many here feel the need to respect this guy.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
                    Bottom line is that kid can play. He is the typical kid you hate to play against, but would love if he was on your team. Anybody who says different is just spewing silly holier than though homer rhetoric. Samhan would be similar to how Morrison was perceived outside the confines of GU.

As a GU fan, Samhan comes off as a major Dbag, but looking at it from a hoops perspective he is a player.
                    not similiar at all really. morrison had an AA game to back that persona up, along with big times clutch play for wins against some of the best teams in the nation. they both might be perceived negatively by opposing fans for their personalities, but morrison's could be contextualized by his game in a way that hamfat only dreams of.

Comment

• ZagAddict
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

"Gonzaga doesn't get to run around and win games in the conference (WCC)." - Omar HamMan Huh

Last I checked this is how Gonzaga has fared during HamMan's years at SMC:

2009 2-0 (1 win @ SMC)
                      2008 14-0 / 2-0 (WCC Tourney Champion) - 3-0 against SMC
                      2007 13-1 / 1-1 (WCC Tournament Runner Up) - 1-1 against SMC
                      2006 11-3 / 2-0 (WCC Tournament Champion) - 1-1 against SMC

So let me summarize... while HamMan has been at SMC:

- GU is 40-4 during the regular season and 45-6 including the conference tourney.

- GU is 5-2 against SMC... has never beat GU at home or in the conference tourney.

- GU has 3 straight conference titles and 2 conference tournament titles... soon to be 4 straight conference titles.

I'd say Gonzaga has pretty much done whatever they've wanted to in the WCC. I'd reconsider statements like this in the future until you have one of the following:

1. WCC Regular Season Title
                      2. WCC Tournament Championship
                      3. Have Beat Gonzaga More Than Once In a Season

There's still a possible 2 games against GU for HamMan, but I'd hold off on comments like this. They just add to your legacy as a complete... well, I'll just stop here :-)

Comment

• ZagAddict
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I'll make it 2 posts in a row while we're on the subject of HamMan...

Like others have already stated, I think HamMan is a very solid player and I have respect for his talent on the court. He is one of the better big men in the country this year. However, I think his behavior and actions as an individual speak louder than his play on the court. Instead of ESPN glorifying him in interviews after getting beat by the Zags AGAIN, how about these questions:

1. What motivated you to flip off the Gonzaga bench from the court during your freshman year?

2. Do you ever regret directing f-bombs at Mark Few (which were caught by the cameras) during an ESPN game against Gonzaga?

3. Elaborate more on your Facebook tirade about Gonzaga basketball, the citizens of Spokane, and people associated with Gonzaga?

4. How do you think you have continued to escape disciplinary actions from your coach for your inexcuseable actions?

5. If you think so highly of yourself and your "game" on the court, why haven't you won a conference MVP?

How about any one of these questions for Mr. HamMan? I'd like to hear answers to these types of questions if he has become such a "great" guy. Let's be honest about this... being a good player doesn't translate into being a good person. I think my opinion on Mr. HamMan as a person is quite clear.

Comment

• mendiant
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Brilliant ZagAddict truly brilliant...

As far as the comparisons of Adam and Omar????

Are you serious??

Omar has not nearly the talent to back up the smack.

That being said, Omar is a good BB player...

it would be nice to see another non GU player make the NBA draft this Spring.

Hope Omar goes to the Wizards.

And he doesn't have manboobs anymore so I hope the Kennel club doesn't resurrect that chant when St Mary's is in our house.

love,
                          mendiant
                          A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Comment

Working...
                          X