• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUDan07
    Kennel Club
    • Sep 2009

14pts, 14 boards, 6 assists...

That was Gray's line from last night. Did anyone else realize he had such a monster game? Everyone is quick to jump all over Gray when he has a bad game. Can our Little Richard lookalike get some love?
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The 14 boards were a surprise for me-- way to be Gray!

Keep it coming!

Comment

• alldaye
      Kennel Club Material
      • Nov 2009

I honestly had no idea he had 14 boards. Great game, one of his best as a zag. Didn't turn it over, didn't take bad shots except that one deep 3 double teamed. Loved his game, maybe the difference

Comment

• JohnOGU
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2008

I think i was so focused on Elias that i couldnt notice anyone else really. That's the quietest near triple-dub that ive seen. Wish gray would play like that all the time. He was a tough SOB last night.

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

That was the biggest surprise to me looking at the box score. #2 was the number of minutes Bol had and no points.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• ZagInTexas
            Kennel Club Material
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by alldaye View Post
            I honestly had no idea he had 14 boards. Great game, one of his best as a zag. Didn't turn it over, didn't take bad shots except that one deep 3 double teamed. Loved his game, maybe the difference
            That is a monster line. You expect the 14 points and the six assists are a nice surprise, but the 14 boards??? Go on wit your bad self Steven!!!

Comment

• northsidezagfan
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2009

3:1 assist/turnover ratio is just fine with me!!! And i noticed Gray did a great job cutting off most of Dellavedova's drives and almost never let him get all the way to the rack.

Comment

• gamagin
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

we had hot hands,

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                That was the biggest surprise to me looking at the box score. #2 was the number of minutes Bol had and no points.
                we needed maturity and height and a cool head in Bol. And got it. Which is why the Aussie human catapults SMC had shooting from downtown became less effective, imo.

Bol will get his chances and I believe he will deliver.

Go TEAM Zags !
                Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• cjm720
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Gray certainly stepped up and quited his critics. He was a monster on the boards and was tasked with guarding Samham a few times too! Like Bouldin, he does it all.

Go Zags!!!
                  Go Zags!!!

Comment

• UberZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Gray had a great all around game on both ends of the court which was all the more impressive considering it occurred in SMC's home gym.
                    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• BobZag
                      Dark Lord of the Zag
                      • Jan 2007

Bravo, Steven. As the old high school cheer goes,

"Do it again, do it again, we like it, we like it."

Do it in San Diego, too, and come home 3-0 and on a roll.
                      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• zaguarxj
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I liked the smile on Gray's face after he threw that sick oop to Harris on the fast break.

Comment

• sullyzag66
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

And all the while he was having a great time. After that lob to Harris for a dunk, he was all smiles. He had a big grin on his face most of the time the camera was on him. I took notice of his rebounding and that tip-in rebound near the end of the game was huge. I marvelled at how out how he got that with the crowd that was under the basket at the time.

Zaguarxj beat me to it.

Comment

• ShutupTheSamhan
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GUDan07 View Post
                            That was Gray's line from last night. Did anyone else realize he had such a monster game? Everyone is quick to jump all over Gray when he has a bad game. Can our Little Richard lookalike get some love?
                            Because he has shown so much potential and talent over these 3 years, that his inconsistency is frustrating.. Nobody is saying "OHH GRAY SUCKED TONIGHT, GET HIM!!!!!" It's "why did he have that incredible game against SMC, and then come out and shoot 1-9, 0-4 from three, and commit 4 turnovers against USD"? We love Steven, but his inconsistency is what gets people upset. Hopefully he's found it

Comment

• zagray
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Nov 2007

Very Nice

I have a hunch Steven has determind himself to do all he can on the floor. If my three's are not falling, fine, there is plenty more I can do to contribute on the floor. I would expect similer numbers in the future.
                              Last edited by zagray; 01-15-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X