• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

SMC v. UP Who wins Saturday?

Very Very tough game to call.

I am pretty comfortable saying that I do not think it will be that close, I do not know who will win, I think it all depends upon who comes in with the better attitude. SMC COULD come in licking their wounds, depressed and overly confident that they are w/o a doubt the best/second best team and assume a win over UP

or, SMC will play every bit as tough or tougher and UP will be a little overwhelmed by the intensity or the effort and not be able to match it. I just do not know, but I am sure there are many of you who have watched more of both these teams and have a better idea.

OK, it might be a VERY close game come to think of it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • gamagin
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Given the horses both teams have,

I think it's going to be a shootout.

I think the winner will be the team which most quickly recovers from losing to us, jumps back up in the saddle and goes balls to the wall to win.

I would think there would be more pride riding with Portland. And I believe there was more raw talent and skill with SMC.

I think if Portland can draw on its seniors to go for broke, and to hit SMC hard while they are still reeling from the loss, they can win by 2-3.

If not SMC could just beat them by 1-100 if they can get their machine tuned backup and well-oiled in time.

I think they are both going to come back at us with renewed zeal and savvy and focus. We've raised their bar and they can't wait to jump over it.

Go TEAM Zags !
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Das Zagger
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
      Very Very tough game to call.

I am pretty comfortable saying that I do not think it will be that close, I do not know who will win, I think it all depends upon who comes in with the better attitude. SMC COULD come in licking their wounds, depressed and overly confident that they are w/o a doubt the best/second best team and assume a win over UP

or, SMC will play every bit as tough or tougher and UP will be a little overwhelmed by the intensity or the effort and not be able to match it. I just do not know, but I am sure there are many of you who have watched more of both these teams and have a better idea.

OK, it might be a VERY close game come to think of it.
      flip-flopper, I kid, I kid!

SMC better be ready, UP is a very solid team and will be gunning for SMC. If the Gaels want any chance of an at-large they probably can't afford to lose again in conference. With it being a Saturday nite game in Moraga (what else are the students going to do?) I think the Gaels pull this one out.

Comment

• Nevtelen
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

As long as SMC comes in with focus and execution, and doesn't let the GU loss get them down as a team, they win. Portland has shown they're still not a good road team. Now, @ UP in Feb... THAT should be a good game.

Comment

• lothar98zag
          PostPadder General
          • Feb 2007

Every game is HUGE for SMC if they want a shot at an at-large bid. If they lose tomorrow, they might as well tank the rest of the season to get good draft position...

(btwm I think SMC wins)
          youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• FlyZag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Nov 2007

SMC... based strictly on home court advantage.

Portland doesn't play that well on the road (Idaho, Washington.. etc.). And the sweat box of a gym will be rocking.

Both teams know whats at stake... a 2 seed vs a 3 in the WCC tourney is HUGE. I believe the 2 gets the bye.

I think the two teams split the series, winning on home courts.

Comment

• Kiddwell
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

If UP breaks recent tradition and plays well on the other team's home court, then the Pilots can do it.

The Pilots overall in their game against the Zags, IMO, hung consistently closer than the Gaels did in their game. So, if a person had to pick which team wins on the opposition's court, Kiddwell picks UP.

So, on a hunch:

RiverBoat Captains - 83
              Samhan & Aussies - 82

:]
              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• bartruff1
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FlyZag View Post
                SMC... based strictly on home court advantage.

Portland doesn't play that well on the road (Idaho, Washington.. etc.). And the sweat box of a gym will be rocking.

Both teams know whats at stake... a 2 seed vs a 3 in the WCC tourney is HUGE. I believe the 2 gets the bye.

I think the two teams split the series, winning on home courts.
                That is correct on the bye...maybe my imagination but road wins are like diamonds this year...nearly everyone can hold serve....and that is why this years team is so amazing...

Comment

Working...
                X