PDA

View Full Version : Foster!!!!

Zerogame
01-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Will Foster had his best showing yet. He put a couple of blocks on Samham in the first half that knocked Omarís D##k in the dirt. Second half he shut him down while he was in, bodes well for him and the team.

rawkmandale
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Foster was awesome. It is his senior year, and I think we are going to see an unbridled Will Foster the rest of this year. He could be a very important element down the stretch.

Way to go Will!

TacomaZAG
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
seems to be higher than at any time since he's been a ZAG. He had a nice post move and a good tip-in on the offensive end, to go with his good D. He and Rob are becoming a good tandem of big men for us. Rob was great on Omar in the first half, I'm glad we didn't double Omar in the paint so they couldn't kick it out for the three.

Go ZAGS

gamagin
01-14-2010, 10:34 PM
he not only was in the right place, he anticipated, he blocked, he passed and he tipped an errant shot in. Then he boarded, dished to SG who threw the length of the court for a very quick two.

He did in his 7minutes more right things than he has demonstrated in the last three years. And I couldn't be happier for him.

Today, he became a force. A real threat and a genuine weapon in the ever increasing arsenal of GU weapons developing right before our eyes.

GO Big Will !

Go TEAM Zags !

Horned Frog
01-14-2010, 10:47 PM
After Bouldin and Harris, Foster is the one I like to watch. I don't think Samhan scored on Foster, and Will has learned to resist jumping and just intimidate with your long arm. He is great at setting picks up high. And although I don't agree with him going out so far on defense when the other team tries a high pick, you gotta like that Will always seems to get back on his man.

seasontixholder
01-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Foster did what he always does to a team with a legit big man: mess with their heads during the first appearance. And, again, the effect lasted well after Will sat down. The Foster Funk, Whammy, whatever you want to call it, exists.

23dpg
01-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Foster....Its Australian for BLOCK.

(half the SMC team are Aussies)

rawkmandale
01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Foster....Its Australian for BLOCK.

(half the SMC team are Aussies)

Awesome....

TM27
01-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Foster made good decisions with the ball on O and on D. I also believe his 7 minutes are becoming valuble. I wish he would have redshirted his first year.

krozman
01-14-2010, 11:30 PM
He's not our best player, but wow he made good use of the time he had on the floor. Bench support like that deserves a round of applause.

CDC84
01-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I think there are some games where Foster can be very effective, and this was one of them. Not a lot of athleticism on the opposing team tonight. His height can be a real hassle to deal with in such games. If it's a bunch of athletes whizzing around him, it's a different story.

Ezag
01-15-2010, 12:01 AM
I think Foster should have definitely been used more, especially during the 2 stretches where Samhan went off.

Reborn
01-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Wish he had gotten to play more. His best game as a Zag, and Sacre was having grave difficulty stopping Samhan the second half. Great effort by Will.

jim77
01-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Will did an excellent job defending Samhan. The answer to Samhan in Spokane should be "MORE WILL".

Birddog
01-15-2010, 05:18 AM
Dare I say it?
WILLPOWER!.
There I did.

ShutupTheSamhan
01-15-2010, 06:05 AM
I used to be a "Will hater" until this year.. He's been absolutely great. Don't know how else to say it.. He's been great. He should have played more IMO, to defend Hammsammich

JPtheBeasta
01-15-2010, 07:13 AM
If there was a team award for hedging screens he would win it. They got very little off of the pick and roll when he was in. He just flattened out every guard and pushed them to the sideline. I love how as a 7'5" guy he's not afraid to leave the paint. Good on ya! (Nice post move, btw, too bad it didn't fall)

kitzbuel
01-15-2010, 07:24 AM
I think he would steal a lot more minutes from Sacre if he could shoot FTs.

I am still very impressed on how quickly he switched back on D from the perimeter back to Samhan. SMC guards' inability to get the ball into Samhan over The Great Will probably also helped buy him some time.

LynetteG
01-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Foster love! He deserves it! He played like a beast! Should have grown the beard and long hair sooner! :)

CaZagAlum
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
He committed no fouls in his time on the court, too. Good job, Will.

bballbeachbum
01-15-2010, 02:12 PM
If there was a team award for hedging screens he would win it. They got very little off of the pick and roll when he was in. He just flattened out every guard and pushed them to the sideline. I love how as a 7'5" guy he's not afraid to leave the paint. Good on ya! (Nice post move, btw, too bad it didn't fall)

oh yeah! he has really improved at it imo, his best at it ever last night perhaps? and the team has in general improved at the understanding with help side defense on those high picks. teams always try this with Will, make him defend the pick and roll, because it has worked, they think he's too slow afoot. his response last night to that challenge was sweeeet! he goes 2-2 from the Free throw line next time they hack him in there, and I'll be ear to ear.

CDC is right tho until proven otherwise. Will? You can do it!!!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

allnet59
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Just another compliment for Will the Thrill from last nights game. Has anyone noticed how when the ball goes into Will down low he's really used some patience for either making a move to the basket for a shot or waiting to feel the double team coming and passing back out to a wide open Zag teammate for a shot. This guy is really looking good and i hope it gets him some valuable playing time down the stretch. He's finally figured out how not to leave his feet in an attempt to block a shot rather to just stand tall with out stretched arms to change the shot attempt. Work on your free throws Will and you will make a big difference for us. Good luck!

JPtheBeasta
01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
oh yeah! he has really improved at it imo, his best at it ever last night perhaps? and the team has in general improved at the understanding with help side defense on those high picks. teams always try this with Will, make him defend the pick and roll, because it has worked, they think he's too slow afoot. his response last night to that challenge was sweeeet! he goes 2-2 from the Free throw line next time they hack him in there, and I'll be ear to ear.

CDC is right tho until proven otherwise. Will? You can do it!!!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

Word. But, when those FT's don't go in, at least it's always worth a chuckle.

zagbapi
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think Samhan scored at all over Will and I was surprised he wasn't in more, we would have won by a bigger margin I think.
Wasn't he shooting FT's left handed last year? They must be making him use his right hand but I missed any FT's last night by him, did he have some? I noticed he was doing that, sometimes that's used if the dominant hand is too strong but don't think it's working.
A great showing by Big Will! I hope he plays a part tomorrow night in raising Grier's blood pressure along with the rest of the team :)

Ziggy
01-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Word. But, when those FT's don't go in, at least it's always worth a chuckle.

You laugh when a Zag misses a Free throw? I can't do that, I wince or grimace or groan. Here's to Will getting the mechanics of the charity stripe.

JPtheBeasta
01-15-2010, 09:44 PM
You laugh when a Zag misses a Free throw? I can't do that, I wince or grimace or groan. Here's to Will getting the mechanics of the charity stripe.

Ziggy, I totally respect that, and thought people might take it the wrong way. Believe me, I was freaking out when we missed the front end of those one-and-ones against SMC, and Steven was on my mental s--- list for about a day after he missed those free throws against Wake(?). Wil is just a different story and I can't help it. I know that if I felt any of them changed the outcome of the game I would have a different perspective. Please don't revoke my fandomhoodness.