PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Dick Totusek?

Dogtownkid
04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Obviously, this question is for the old geezers among us, since Mr. Totusek attended GU back before the dawn of recorded history, in the late 50's. In addition to being a musician, he was a really smart guy. Apparently there were those on the staff of the GU paper who resented the fact that he was brighter than they and who published a thinly disguised satire about him in which he was called--if I remember rightly--Pilchard Q. Totalizer, or something like that.

Having departed early for other continents (California among them), I wasn't aware of his career in Spokane or elsewhere during the sixties and afterward. However, there was a nice little blurb in the St. Aloysius bulletin today. He is now deceased, and his wife has lent the church a really gorgeous grand piano on a long term basis.

gamagin
04-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I remember him as a driver/collector of rolls royces & I believe he owned something like H & R Block, in addition to his considerable musical skills.

a bearded monk-like character who marched to his own beat (pun intended).

Birddog
04-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't remember him, but a Google found this.
http://www.afm.org/public/press/memoriam.php

Birddog

57zag
05-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I remember Dick Totusek when he attended Rogers high school in Spokane. He entered as a freshman when I was a senior. I think he was only 12 years old when he started high school. He was very immature compared to the rest of us and was resented because of his superior intellect. I didn't realize he followed me to Gonzaga. Apparently he received the same ill treatment from some at Gonzaga that he had suffered in high school. I'm glad to hear had a successful and productive life. "Living well is the best revenge."