PDA

View Full Version : Big Rob

23dpg
01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
When GU played Texas in the preseason scrimmage, some insiders commented that Sacre was the best player on the floor for either team. Tomorrow would be a great time to re-introduce that Rob Sacre.

former1dog
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
When GU played Texas in the preseason scrimmage, some insiders commented that Sacre was the best player on the floor for either team. Tomorrow would be a great time to re-introduce that Rob Sacre.

He's very capable if he can overcome the basic scouting report knocks on him, which are:

- Inability to handle the double team. Will turn it over if he's pressured.

- Foul prone

If Rob can overcome those obstacles, he's good, really good.

CDC84
01-13-2010, 02:40 PM
He's starting to get better at handling the double teams, but the foul trouble continues to be an issue. A lot of it is self induced. He just needs to stand tall and remain vertical. No reaching.

I don't know if Rob is ever going to be as good as he can be offensively until he gets another true low post guy next to him. Harris is a wing.

BobZag
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello, Sam Dower.

lothar98zag
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM

http://www.thepelhams.org/zags/video/33.gif

CDC84
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello, Sam Dower.

Exactly. Now if we could somehow make Bouldin into a junior........

cjm720
01-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Bobby has really worked on his passing. Marked improvemnt over the past few games.

LMUZAG
01-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Exactly. Now if we could somehow make Bouldin into a junior........

Please allow me to introduce you to Matthias Bouldine, our newest recruit from Nowheresville, USA. He should provide quite a lift the next four years.

allnet59
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
i can't figure Sacre out considering how he started the season compared to where he is now. First off he seems to have issues with controlling the ball regardless of whether on offense or defense. For a big guy he gets it taken out of his hands to easily. I think the fouls really play on his mind and he always has a look of dismay whenever he's called for one. He has to learn to get over it and play tougher for whatever minutes he's limited to. I hope he plays like a beast tomorrow and holds his own against their big man as were going to need it. Good luck Rob

Ezag
01-13-2010, 11:24 PM
The big thing with Rob besides the inability to handle the double team, is that if he gets into foul trouble early you can basically count him out the rest of the game.

CaZagAlum
01-14-2010, 07:37 AM
I thought he was making progress too, but it was disconcerting to see him triple teamed early in the Portland game and still try to make a move to the basket in heavy traffic as opposed to passing out. Result: called for traveling.

I'm sure the guards who are spotted up for threes get annoyed too.

zag67
01-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Remember, he is still young and is learning. If you compare now to 2 months ago, he has made some good strides on kicking it out. But he still thinks that at times he can play through it, but I think that is because he does not recognize it soon enough. That hopefully will come with experience, because I think you will see many double teams throughout the WCC schedule.

Zagpower
01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
How high can Robert get off the floor right now? Has that changed since he was a Frosh?

I always thought of Rob as a great athlete for a 7 footer but I have watched him on the jump balls and during occasional rebounding woes and he either has trouble getting off the ground or getting off the ground quickly. He can certainly run fast for his size, and is strong as an ox, but he seems to be lacking in lift.

Is this due to any of his past injuries or have I been overestimating his athleticsm?

Reborn
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM
From my observation, Rob plays much better agains big post players for some reason. He also seems to play better in big games. I expect to see the Rob Sacre that we saw against Michigan St, and Illinois tonight. He is going to hold his own against Samhan, imo. It could be big Rob who gets Samhan into foul trouble. For some reason I feel that most bloggers, and analysts seem to think that Samhan is going to dominate us tonight. If Few studies what USC did to St. Mary's then we will be okay. I thought USC just dominated St. Mary's and Samhan was not a factor in that game at all. I also believe that the coaches have certainly studied that game. I am getting ready for this battle tonight. Go Zags!!!

Zagdawg
01-14-2010, 11:15 AM
We will need Rob tonight!!! Big Game=Big Results-- I hope!

ZagInTexas
01-14-2010, 11:22 AM

From my observation, Rob plays much better agains big post players for some reason. He also seems to play better in big games. I expect to see the Rob Sacre that we saw against Michigan St, and Illinois tonight. He is going to hold his own against Samhan, imo. It could be big Rob who gets Samhan into foul trouble. For some reason I feel that most bloggers, and analysts seem to think that Samhan is going to dominate us tonight. If Few studies what USC did to St. Mary's then we will be okay. I thought USC just dominated St. Mary's and Samhan was not a factor in that game at all. I also believe that the coaches have certainly studied that game. I am getting ready for this battle tonight. Go Zags!!!

This should be a great matchup (Rob, Omar). It really could be the key to which team wins the game tonight. This is probably one of the best matchups in the country between two very underrated centers. We are going to need Rob on the glass tonight as Samhan (and Ben Allen) crash the boards hard. I agree, Rob needs to take it to Omar and make him work on the defensive end. Omar can be foul prone (fouled out against Trasolini and SCU last weekend) and the more time he spends on the bench the better!