PDA

View Full Version : It can not come fast enough . . .

Zagster
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
These next 2 years are going to be a lot of fun to watch GU basketball. November can’t come fast enough. If no one leaves early next year, the 08/09 season could be the season that meets all the expectations. The 07/08 season could even be the season. . .. . Has there ever been an off season with this much excitement?? And it is only April…..

ZagMan in Philly
04-20-2007, 09:36 PM
I am thinking Final 4...:)
Can't wait until November. I am hoping to attend all the east coast games this year. :D

MickMick
04-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Don't set yourself up for the big letdown. There is much room for improvement....starting with turnovers.

Having said that, I am not as concerned about the Zags perimeter defense as many others that post on these boards. The Zags put pressure on teams with offense. I'll take the many possesions/chances to score and let the other team try to keep up by shooting 3's. All you need is a big guy that will consistenly hold his position in the paint (on both ends of the floor like Batista did), and you can get within a 1 minute meltdown of advancing to the elite eight (using the Zag's collapsing zone/ give em the perimeter philosophy). Don't sell the farm on what Few is doing. Just gotta get the right kids coached up for it.

The 3 point line has become a hot issue in college basketball anyways.

roxdoc
04-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Although I too have high expectations for the next two years we need to realize that FF or higher depends on many things besides talent. Yes thats the big thing, but chemistry, injuries to key people or at key times, chemistry, the luck of the bracket draw, refs etc all play a part too. Personally I think we certainly have the talent to be at that level, I just hope and pray that the "planets will be aligned" for us.